VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Dangerous waters [Ep.1 Part 3 v1.0] [TemptationXXX]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Shoxlover

English is beyond broken, story (if there is one) makes no sense whatsoever. Animations are low quality. Just do yourself a favor and don't waste a download. I had hopes from the BDSM tag, but there was nothing in there worthwhile.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

mileduets

The quality of the renders is actually not bad at all and I like the setting on board of this yacht. What is definitely missing is an introduction and a coherent story. For a VN just not sufficient to add one sex scene to another. Try to make your characters come to life.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

freenutsxd

I should mention that at the time of writing this, the game is currently in Episode 1, version 0.5.

I was going to pass on the game at first, but looking through the replies and seeing all of the negative comments, I had to play it just to see how bad it really was.

And good god, it's honestly atrocious. If the tags weren't enough to scare you away, hopefully the overall negative feedback will.

The writing in this game is honestly horrid. You're first introduced to a ragtag group of criminals (Honestly I'm not even sure what they are. The game doesn't say anything about them other than that they're pretending to be stranded to rob a random yacht.) composed of an ugly old man, a fit attractive dude, a slave to the old man, and a short black man who the game CONSTANTLY makes racist comments towards, which I'll get to in a later paragraph.

There's no defined protagonist in the story, and the second group of characters are so terribly introduced I still don't know the names of some of them. There's about 7 of them, but their "introduction" is just them all on the same image, giving no idea at all as to which person is which, thus making me more confused about the story than i already was.

The images are compressed for seemingly no reason whatsoever, making it seem like they were made for an RPGMaker game and not a Ren'Py game, though honestly it might be for the best as it reduces the file size so that downloaders won't have to worry about wasting disk space for this disaster of a game. Past the terrible quality, the scenes are horribly constructed and the dev relied wayyyy too much on the low-res skybox to fill in the background.

Finally, onto the themes of this. As of v0.5, the overall theme is fairly dark yet still boring. I'm personally not a big fan of edgy plots, but even then the plot just sucks. The old man molests and threatens the 'slut' of the second group for no good reason, and the only black character in the whole game is portrayed so negatively that I'm starting to believe the dev is a huge racist. No n-words were used, however EVERY single character talks bad about him and he seems to be the only character (besides the old man) who is intentionally made to look ugly. He is never put in a position of power EVER, almost making him seem like a slave rather than an accomplice to the first group.

So, as of v0.5, overall this game just sucks. The dev needs to put more time into the writing and the actual English grammar, and needs to not focus on compressing the images. That's all. Download if you want a quick laugh, it's what i did.