Ren'Py Dare Party [v0.0.3] [Dare Girlz Entertainment]

CoffeeSaint

Mar 12, 2022

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Gosh, I don't know if a story about people setting up a high school anti-drug party is going to get much traction here.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a more serious note, I suggest you download a few other 0.1 projects, to get a feel for what's normal. The screenshots should at least give people an idea of what some of your characters will look like. It's not clear at this point if you have a cast present in this release at all. This is not a small thing; even if you're using one of the standard packages to present your art (Koikatsu, Honey Select 1 or 2, Daz3D), there will be a number of people who don't find the results of that package to their personal taste. And a lot of people tend to believe their personal tastes are universal rules, so you're unlikely to hear good things about that.

I think it's possible to set up a development thread here at F95. From things I've read, that can be done before any release is done. You've got some ambitious plans, and a game thread isn't the best place to work those out. I'd hate to see the almost complete lack of encouragement you're going to get here cause you to give up on your plans.

I should also note that the tags that appear in the article's header should all be present in what's currently available. Any tags that are part of your future plans can be included in the "Genre" spoiler in the original posts, but should be clearly labeled as planned rags.

And my apologies if I've misunderstood your level of preparedness or the amount of material in this release. As with many others, what's been presented is not enough to make me download it. To be honest, I just dropped by to make my "dare party" joke based on the title.

Mondoblasto

Nov 13, 2017
DareGirlzEntertainment
First impressions matter, this shouldn't have been released to the public in this state. Add to that you said you are just learning to code, don't have a VFX artist, and are obviously new here I'd go as far as to say that this should be classified as pre-alpha, barely a proof of concept.
To add to this, your plans for this project are basically to bite off Way more than you can chew. You're in the middle of learning how to create the foundation while bringing in at least 11 other people who are 'building' their work on top of that foundation. If you go forward with this, it sounds like a hard lesson that ends in frustration and disappointment.

There are good reasons why most works posted here aren't voiced, and most that are, are from professional studios: it's a whole other level of complexity to add to a project. They usually have three or four voiced characters, I'd say five at the very most. I'm only aware of one project that's approaching 10, and it's nowhere near finished after years of development.

I honestly think that if you were to insist on going forward as is on the story, your best bet would be to use the HTML format instead of RenPy, thus ditching voiced characters and the essential need for a VFX artist. You would need to lean more heavily on text and "a picture is worth a thousand words", but really, if a game isn't able to exist on a text story alone like the one you want to convey, how are pictures going to make it better in the first place? Pictures can't replace a story.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor
May 11, 2023
DareGirlzEntertainment

To add to this, your plans for this project are basically to bite off Way more than you can chew. You're in the middle of learning how to create the foundation while bringing in at least 11 other people who are 'building' their work on top of that foundation. If you go forward with this, it sounds like a hard lesson that ends in frustration and disappointment.

There are good reasons why most works posted here aren't voiced, and most that are, are from professional studios: it's a whole other level of complexity to add to a project. They usually have three or four voiced characters, I'd say five at the very most. I'm only aware of one project that's approaching 10, and it's nowhere near finished after years of development.

I honestly think that if you were to insist on going forward as is on the story, your best bet would be to use the HTML format instead of RenPy, thus ditching voiced characters and the essential need for a VFX artist. You would need to lean more heavily on text and "a picture is worth a thousand words", but really, if a game isn't able to exist on a text story alone like the one you want to convey, how are pictures going to make it better in the first place? Pictures can't replace a story.
Thank you. I requested that this post be taken down. This community was recommended to me by VelcroFist, the creator of "Casey's Fall," for trying to find an artist. It is my own fault however for creating a release on here which they never recommended. I have a tendency to get ahead of myself. I will return when there is actually some kind of response to my recruiting post for an artist and more of the game has actually been completed.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. It is still very much a work in progress. Very early rough draft. I would love to know about the game breaking bug as I am still learning Ren'Py as I am coding.
I think the event error was something like day3feet. I had to state whether i liked feet fetish or not. both options went to an error screen.

May 11, 2023
I think the event error was something like day3feet. I had to state whether i liked feet fetish or not. both options went to an error screen.
OMG! It's simply a typo in the menu pointing to the wrong label. ROFL. I will fix that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
OMG. Your quote autocorrected. Lol. I had to go back and look. It doesn't say Fans and Actors. It's OnlyFans Actors. Lol.
That auto-correct is out to get me, I tell Ya!! :ROFLMAO: (Fixed it)

Here is a new and slightly improved overview. :giggle:

You play the main character in Dare Party.
You have been invited to an exclusive Dare Competition with other OnlyFans content creators.
10 OnlyFans Actors in total are competing for a Grand Prize of One Million Dollars.

Much success with your game. (y)

Last edited:
May 11, 2023
So, I updated the game on itch.io.
How does this work? Does the forum here automatically download the update and update their download links?
Download links that I didn't even know they were going to do, but anyways.

There was also an error where the correct version of the game was not showing up. The title was incorrect, and I have fixed that. It's actually v 0.0.3, not version 0.1.0.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
To add to this, your plans for this project are basically to bite off Way more than you can chew.
On a more serious note, I suggest you download a few other 0.1 projects, to get a feel for what's normal.
It's good to see helpful members here. Your thoughtful comments negate the tidal wave of garbage flowing out of the lowlife members. I've personally helped a couple of new devs rebound from the crushing nonproductive criticism of these toxic members.

In this case, it's just a naive person unaware of the loins den their entering and trying honestly to share their work to bring entertainment to others. I really wish there was some form of retribution for these clowns. Hopefully, Karma is a true concept.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey OP, don't pay attention to the angry children in the thread. Haters gonna hate.

Everyone has to start somewhere - and this is the perfect place, the programming/dev/art subforum for creators to discuss and share their ideas and work in progress.

The way to approach a new idea when you still don't have a lot of content is to describe your game scenario and plan, and ask for beta testers or feedback on the concept.

Good luck!

May 11, 2023
Hey OP, don't pay attention to the angry children in the thread. Haters gonna hate.

Everyone has to start somewhere - and this is the perfect place, the programming/dev/art subforum for creators to discuss and share their ideas and work in progress.

The way to approach a new idea when you still don't have a lot of content is to describe your game scenario and plan, and ask for beta testers or feedback on the concept.

Good luck!
Why thank you. I have been getting quite a few haters, but y'know that's what they do. I still haven't found an artist and that's discouraging, but I am still working on the script. I am making this game as promotional material for a real life event. So, if you played it all and like the concept, it will be a real streaming event in the next couple of years. The company is currently dealing with some legal blockades but it should all be settled by 2025 sometime.

Reactions: osanaiko