VN - Others - Completed - Daring Detectives - A New Life [v0.84] [Ashley Ratajkowsky]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Curvesbub

the renders are ok, maybe the focus should have been on the story rather than the renders, a chapter can't be divided intro scenes and call it a chapter, the story is boring, I couldn't get past the cafe "chapter".
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Hybris

Any good points about the story or quality of the renders is absolutely and utterly smashed by the slow plodding game engine and poorly thought layout of the UI that breaks things up so much that I kept thinking that I had unknowingly opened a menu or something.

There is a very good reason why Renpy makes up for the bulk of VN's because it is so streamlined for the player. When you break out of that mold your game must be especially sorted out so the player hardly notices that they are playing a different kind of game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ReiCaixa

Edit: 2023/04/24 (not much changed)
    This game have good renders, good looking characters, and a somewhat interesting story.

But the way you have to stop after 2 or 3 texts to have an image transition makes the game absolutely unplayable, to the point it pissed me off.
    And it gets worse, between every single scene, you see a black screen with the resume of your character points and you have to select the next "chapter". This happens over and over and over again.

The engine is really bad, you have just 20 save slots available and every time you press ESC (as we're used to in other games), it goes to Windowed mode, and ALT Enter doesn't put it back in Fullscreen as it should.

I feel sad cause Matilde is a great character in a bad game...

It's clear that the DEV have potential to make a good game, but just decided to screw with the reader's time for no reason whatsoever.

I gave it 2 stars because 1 is the minimum and 1 for Matilde.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

I find the story hella interesting, but I hope that you add a lot of intimacy and sex scenes into it. I personally have a lot of fetishes, and a foot fetish is what always pulls me in and makes me interested in giving a game a try. I will keep coming over to see wassup. Keep up the good work champ.