Unity Abandoned Dark Paradise [v0.1.1.0] [Pixel Hell]

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Patreon_Splash.png

Overview:
This is a short game where the Player takes a role of a human magician Veronica who was sent to the nearby forest to hunt down some thieves. She finds out this is not the only problem and she starts to investigate. Her main goal is to defeat enemies she meet and destroy the seed of corruption. In this part, the world is beginning to fall into the darkness and the Player's role is to prevent it from happening.​

Thread Updated: 2020-03-12
Release Date: 2020-03-12
Developer: Pixel Hell -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.1.0 ( Tech demo )
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

Controls:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -

Dark_Paradise_The_Beginning_2020-03-12_02-11-00.png Dark_Paradise_The_Beginning_2020-03-12_02-11-28.png Dark_Paradise_The_Beginning_2020-03-12_02-11-38.png Dark_Paradise_The_Beginning_2020-03-12_02-11-48.png Dark_Paradise_The_Beginning_2020-03-12_02-12-01.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaman Zuma

Aug 20, 2019
First,
but nobody cares.

This game reminds me of some parodies of newgrounds, I wish you luck.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Shaman Zuma I'm not sure how relatable it is since I don't really check the newgrounds site. If You talk about the art, it's still pretty unpolished since I'm still learning, but it will get improved in future updates.

Frustratedbuffalo as the tag says - it's a tech demo. Basically We would like to check if You guys like the movement and combat, also if the art itself is acceptable and at what level. Planned tags will tell You what it WILL contain tho ;)

Naoya093

Mar 31, 2019
Seems good, I always love to play hentai sidescrollers and if they have pxiel art is better.
I want to give you some advice:
1) Keep the idea of make the game short, as you said it's your first time so take it easy
2) Short doesn't mean bad, the secret infact is to add as many as possible type of enemy (animated sex scenes, position etc...) while keeping a good plot
3) Take your time, first experience isn't always good but at least you can learn a lot of things so your next games will be better for sure
4) Put some futa :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
5) An idea is also to make the MC the one who will violate the enemy ater defeted (to restore some mana or HP while decrasing lust since too high lust will make difficult to escape when you are cought) and vice versa. Indeed maybe this one is too difficult right now but keep it in mind
6) Add some events to unlock levels (maybe a secret level with monster you haven't faced so new content to the game), go through history or unlock some items in the item shop. Yeeet this is maybe is still to difficult right now but as I said before keep it in mind

What else? Maybe nothing for now so I'll await your next relase :D

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
i really dont want to sound rude but games with "no sexual content" on a page like this... to me thats the same as spending 100$ on a hooker and asking her for a kiss.

like why even bother?
i bet theres better places to get attention to your game.

like i like the artstyle. if i found this anywhere else i'd give it a try.
but i come here to have sex in the games that i play.

TestUsername23

Jun 5, 2018
I always appreciate more pixel art and platformers, and I'm one of the deranged individuals who ends up playing lewd games for the gameplay. So let's go through the tech demo!

Title: Nice art, UI works and looks fine to me. So far the game seems to be keyboard controlled however, so it would be nice if the title screen + options used keyboard controls.

Art: It's simple and nice. The movement sprite loops well, backgrounds convey where we are without being distracting, and the level parts are distinct from the background. Very good.

Movement: Great! Controls are responsive and the character moves quickly while still being easy to control. This is the most important thing for the actual gameplay of platformers, so having it already this nice is a very good sign.

Attacking + Enemies: Decent. Minor quibbling that double casting the attack is possible, but requires double tapping it before any attacks have gone out. This could be changed to double cast if a 2nd cast command goes out up to when she is firing the first one, or just ignored.

Misc: The text for speaking to the 2nd character skips to the next paragraph when Z is pressed again, but seems to have no way to speed up text speed without skipping it. Maybe have 1 Z press instantly display current text, and a Z press once all text displays continues? Very minor overall but would help speed up text sections for people who are fast readers and want to read. Finally, the "you died" screen is jarringly bright and almost painful to look at.

Overall not much else to say since this is an early tech demo. I look forward to future updates though, since this already has the makings of a fun platformer.

Vydashal

Nov 3, 2018
Well it seems interesting, tho there is not much I can say because of how short the demo is and some comments already gave you some opinions I also have.

Some "bugs" I found:

1- First and the most annoying, whenever I open the game, die or restart with the ESC key, all the settings go back to the default settings.

2- At full screen on windows mode, I can't see the taskbar, it looks more like a semi-fullscreen

3- when using window mode and resolutions of 1280x720 or 1600x900, the gameplay zooms out and I'm able to see more:

I think this wasn't intended since the photos you share were in the Zoom In version. tho I'd rather prefer this one because I don't feel so "suffocated".

4- When I'm under the dirt and get close to the enemy but not too close, he still tries to hit me but his attack goes to the opposite direction. Though is not that important, I'm just saying in case this could be exploit in some way in the future.

5- If you time it well and jump when the enemy is hitting you, you are able to jump higher:

Some suggestions:
- Add text speed controls
- Make it so the characters receives damage and fallback when in contact with an enemy, otherwise the game would be too easy because I can just dodge all the enemies attacks by going through them

Here is a small video showing everything I just mentioned:

I had to record it with screen capture because for some reason OBS wasn't capturing the game window

Good luck with the game!

Last edited:

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
The idea about violating enemies is already existing. I just don't use ,,reverse rape" tag because personally I see it just as a ,,rape" (this is why You don't see it in planned tags). But to clear up the confusion, Enemies can rape MC AND MC can rape enemies. Futa is not planned in this one, unfortunately, but the second game is going to contain trap as OPTIONAL, so it's something I believe. This is not my very first game (I was working on MMORPG in the past :D ) and actually the only difficulty I might feel is with the art since here I'm still learning (I'm a 3D artist by trade, not 2D). Planned types of enemies so far are two per map with 2x solo sex animation and 1x multiple. So far. I've had to take the amount of time I can spend for this project into consideration, so I would like to keep it really small right now. But truth be told I'm usually an ambitious person, so of course I've planned some additional enemies, too, but those are more like a bonus and I think I would focus on them in some late updates.

I clearly stated ,,planned tags" in Genre and in previous comment. But I can understand the thought. As I said, this is just a tech demo, so I won't have to suddenly change too many things at once in case of releasing more content and failing with it, because people wouldn't like it too much. Be patient, next update is going to contain the stuff You want :)

Menu control is planned to use keyboard only and it's going to be added in the next update. This combo attack is something that seemed fine to me at first, since there is going to be Stamina and cooldowns added later. But I will look into it yet. And about the conversation, I'm well awared of that. Being honest, it was but a detail to us so We just ignored it for now and it will be fixed in next update. And about the game over screen: I was pretty much sure I was using dark enough colors for it, but it won't hurt to lower the value yet. I will take it to consideration :)

1. This was actually unexpected :unsure: added to fixes.
2. Hmm, yes, this might look not as intended at this point. Added to fixes.
3. Yes, zooming out and in shouldn't occur at this point. Another fix added to the list. But I agree the camera might be too close as it is on the screens I provided. This was one of the things I really wanted to get a feedback about, so thanks for that :giggle:
4. Enemy patrol script is not yet finished. He will act a little more differently and will use line of sight. Right now he has a Trigger Collider around him so he can attack when You are behind him when You enter it.
5. That happens because You're being bumped by default. Tho it's not really finished yet, because next time it will push You away, too :unsure: So if You meant that now it's possible to use it to get to some higher place, I believe it won't be able to do so in the next update. But what is worrying me is why You got fired up so high, since the bump value is much lower itself... Yes, We will take a closer look to this case. Added to the list!

Text will be displayed instantly when You press Z next time. But for more RPG-like feeling I believe an option for text speed won't hurt either, so I will add it to the list. And about the second suggestion, this is the thing I was struggling with... Because I didn't want for MC to receive damage just because of physical contact, but on the other hand this might be really too easy. Enemies are going to use at least 2 different attacks, in case of this one it's going to be a kick, so I might just add an addition to use it as soon as the player gets too close, independently on currently using action. I will surely look into it, yet! Thank You very much for this excelent and detailed list of bugs, I do really appreciate it! :giggle:

That being said, taking all the comments into consideration, it's clear that I will have to modify the updates list pretty much, tho it's not that surprising. Thank You all for Your help and I hope I can count on You in the future! :D

CeresSaaas

Oct 24, 2018
i found a little annoy bug, if at the screen fase where it say "press any key" it start activating the shaddy guy dialogue (sorry if i made some grammatical error)

Reactions: Semi Rukiya

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
i found a little annoy bug, if at the screen fase where it say "press any key" it start activating the shaddy guy dialogue (sorry if i made some grammatical error)
Yeah this is going be fixed. It's due to the character controller being active in that ,,Press any button" screen.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Didn't see something dark or somehow connected with paradise here.

Semi Rukiya

Game Developer
Apr 17, 2018
Didn't see something dark or somehow connected with paradise here.
Dark Paradise is about the story itself. Tho You won't find too much of it in this game as this is but a glimpse into its beginning and more of that will be shown in the next game. You will find everything out eventually, in case where You would like to play it that is.

Souleater

F95 Museum Director
Uploader
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
Semi Rukiya so a bug ive encountered is if you go to the main menu when talking to the first NPC and then go back into the game pressing z will open that text box all the time
1585837402183.png