RPGM - Darkstar [v0.2a] [Harold]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Axelfire

tough perhaps a bit overeager on my part for giving it the 5 star rating. At the very least the corrupt route shows promise, it's well written, and the dev understands how corruption actually works, which is a rare thing here in f95.

the world building is solid and the characters are interesting even if the mc is a blank slate. This adds to the efficacy of the corruption since it's always better when you twist something with substance, even tough it's very much early days the devs knows how to make this stuff work.

All that said this is still a RPGM game and if you are like me and remember well the old days of pre-F95 RPGM games, of barely functioning games, bugs crashes and worse, not to mention a fair bit "one picture sex scenes" then there are some aspects of the game that will trigger your PTSD.

On the corruption run I ran into one bug that i can frankly can't exclude the possibility of it being a problem on my end. That said frequent autosaves and plenty of saving prompts from the game mean that any potential impact is minimal (although a greater number of save slots and the ability to name them would be welcomed). The sex scenes are not animated but they do have plenty of individual images, so to my mind they balance out.

In the end if one can stomach the RPGM tag and what it often implies then one will be pleasantly surprised by the competence on display here.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

tittyfucker1

[As of 0.1a] Pretty good game with a surprising amount of choices and diverging pathways (esp for an RPGM). Combat is optional (*) but pretty fun (its simplified Fire Emblem style combat). Though I will say it takes a bit of time to get into, definitely not for those looking for quick sex scenes (first proper one for me at least wasn't til around 30 minutes in, which is about where this version ends).

(*) There is an option to skip combat but when I tried that it kinda just bugged out on me and I had to reload my save, likely will be fixed in future updates if I had to guess.