Fan Art Dating My Daughter: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
This is "research" in to how MrDots might do some things ... related to which, I have questions for those nice people who might help out :)

I worked with Iray for this test, oh the pain. And yes, it's related to events from Day 33 in the game (if you accepted Olivia and Graham's invitation for a nightcap after the club). If you're wondering why the weird colors and all ... well, maybe check out the original scene to understand that it wasn't my choice! ;)

Day 33 D and F at Graham and Olivia's house after club 01b 02c 02.png

EDIT: From a question as to what was the point ... I am trying to setup something similar to this scene's environment:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is a test from the other side of a room where, uh, things may start to happen (from a suggestion by slackster )

And *that* piece should hopefully be ready soon(ish) ... though, feelings may be hurt ;)

Last edited:

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
This is "research" in to how MrDots might do some things ... related to which, I have questions for those nice people who might help out :)

I worked with Iray for this test, oh the pain. And yes, it's related to events from Day 33 in the game (if you accepted Olivia and Graham's invitation for a nightcap after the club). If you're wondering why the weird colors and all ... well, maybe check out the original scene to understand that it wasn't my choice! ;)

View attachment 638289

EDIT: From a question as to what was the point ... I am trying to setup something similar to this scene's environment:

This is a test from the other side of a room where, uh, things may start to happen (from a suggestion by slackster )
Looking good -can't wait to see the finished product

Reactions: fried

Kerr Avon

Nov 8, 2017
Great work. Lighting looks spot on! shadows on the walls and highlights on the lamp shades look to match exactly. Different shade of color on the wall area to the left, but i guess that was deliberate.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017

View attachment 638289

And *that* piece should hopefully be ready soon(ish) ... though, feelings may be hurt ;)
You cloned the room really well (seems like no one uses baseboard in the DMD universe).
D's legs look a little on the thin side.
Really great work overall.

Reactions: ZeroBOY

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
You cloned the room really well (seems like no one uses baseboard in the DMD universe).
D's legs look a little on the thin side.
Really great work overall.
Thanks, I actually just updated that post because the wrong lights were on/off in the prior render - hopefully it's closer now to the original.

As for D's legs, I'm not sure: will be looking further into comparisons with the game before releasing the planned fanart of a more involved grouping (of which the first pass might be tossed, not happy with the bodily arrangements from the past couple of days experimenting - the perspective I'm using gives limited space to make it not seem bunched)

During a renovation in our place last year, my spouse wanted to avoid the baseboard moulding to help things go faster. NO.

Kerr Avon

Nov 8, 2017
Your modified render looks a closer color in the left there, I would be happy with that.
If you want to get 'perfectionist' it is covering a much larger area than the original, even to tinting the color of the right hand wall and the floor, whereas the on the original it's limited to the wall on the left of the figures, and concentrated mainly up to waist height. There's a reflection of it on the chrome of the 'tv?' stand, and the light seems concentrated on Dee's right upper thigh and Olivia's upper shin ( although it is visible reflecting off the faces and Olivias lips ) so maybe it's a single sided oblong angled toward the floor?

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
During a renovation in our place last year, my spouse wanted to avoid the baseboard moulding to help things go faster. NO.
Without baseboard you would see the 1/2" gap between the drywall and the floor.

But I applaud your graphic art endeavors.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Your modified render looks a closer color in the left there, I would be happy with that.
If you want to get 'perfectionist' it is covering a much larger area than the original, even to tinting the color of the right hand wall and the floor, whereas the on the original it's limited to the wall on the left of the figures, and concentrated mainly up to waist height. There's a reflection of it on the chrome of the 'tv?' stand, and the light seems concentrated on Dee's right upper thigh and Olivia's upper shin ( although it is visible reflecting off the faces and Olivias lips ) so maybe it's a single sided oblong angled toward the floor?
Good eye.

MrDots apparently uses spotlights, which I don't rely upon out of being stubborn - so, I went for the lighting effect on the character (which also hits the wall) more than the exact match. That gives me more spread, despite adding some off-screen wings to the mesh lights for keeping them off everything else.

I think the experiment showed me what was needed to prepare the other part of that room for sexay things to happen.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes