Unreal Engine Abandoned Dating Simmer [v0.139] [TheDegenerates]

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
Trying out the RT Preview R2, and it keeps crashing with the following error:
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
Any idea on why this keeps happening? It does it within a minute of me opening the preview.
That's an issue I haven't heard of with that preview yet. What card are you using for it? That could be a problem with your dirext X, outdated drivers or even an overclocked CPU. Kinda hard to say.

HiddenEntity

Feb 24, 2021
That's an issue I haven't heard of with that preview yet. What card are you using for it? That could be a problem with your dirext X, outdated drivers or even an overclocked CPU. Kinda hard to say.
I'm using an RTX 2080 with an i7-7700k if that helps? Drivers are all up to date, although my CPU is overclocked to 4.8 all core.

DatingSimmer

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2021
I'm using an RTX 2080 with an i7-7700k if that helps? Drivers are all up to date, although my CPU is overclocked to 4.8 all core.
Unfortunately not, my bet was it being on outdated drivers or even hardware, since the latest is RT'ed - but doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe your direct X version needs updating, but I really doubt it... We're looking to put out an new build very soon, soon as in the next day or days, (should anything come up in building). Would appreciate it if you could check that out when we did and let us know if you still had that problem. Otherwise there are some older versions in our Discord announcements as well as our the action counterpart SuperThot.

Apologies I couldn't be of more immediate assistance

HiddenEntity

Feb 24, 2021
Unfortunately not, my bet was it being on outdated drivers or even hardware, since the latest is RT'ed - but doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe your direct X version needs updating, but I really doubt it... We're looking to put out an new build very soon, soon as in the next day or days, (should anything come up in building). Would appreciate it if you could check that out when we did and let us know if you still had that problem. Otherwise there are some older versions in our Discord announcements as well as our the action counterpart SuperThot.

Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm looking forward to the next update, can't wait to see what's included. I've noticed that the Flying Sim works fine, although there are no hair or clothing options to cycle through, only hair/no hair and underwear/no underwear. Still, this is shaping up to be something pretty decent. Well done on all the progress so far, keep it up :)

Reactions: DatingSimmer

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Trying out the RT Preview R2, and it keeps crashing with the following error:
DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG
Any idea on why this keeps happening? It does it within a minute of me opening the preview.
Pretty bog standard UE4 error, usually involves custom SKU graphics cards like STRIX or SUPRIM with custom timings that deviate from normal driver defaults.

Set your tdr level to default or longer

If your registry doesn't have a tdr level entry, you'll need to create one, instructions are all over the internets as to how.

Last edited:
Reactions: DatingSimmer

bastuden

Mar 23, 2019

You guys don't have any intentions on giving up on this project anytime soon do you? I noticed you don't have a lot of Patreons yet (I just became one) I feel like this kind of game could have a lot of potential if you focus on making sex scenes interactive and slightly customizable instead of the same animations over and over again. I want to upgrade my patreon membership, but i want to be sure you guys are going to be doing frequent updates and are in a position to develop further without the large financial backing yet that imagine you will one day receive from Patreon support. I messaged this on Patreon, but I wanted to also ask this question publicly incase anyone else was on the fence and wondered the same.

Reactions: drakoflam