Daz 3D Licenses for Games

NexTGenioN

Super-Duper Member
Donor
Jul 9, 2018
Usually, if you are making sure that you are 'covering the legal bases', you probably should steer clear of any freebies that say 'non-commercial use only' or 'personal use only'.

You could reach out to the creator of the freebie in question if you wanted to get permission to use it in your visual novel/Renpy game, to see what fees they might have in mind for such usage. Some creators may simply be happy with a 'thanks to so and so for letting me use their model' in your credits listing, but others may want more...

So this is a judgement call on your part. The creator of the freebie in question may never notice the object in question in your VN in the first place, but that's a 'roll the dice and take your chances' sort of thing.
Damn...so everytime i'm gonna download some free asset i need to call the creator and pray to him thats how is look like xD

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Damn...so everytime i'm gonna download some free asset i need to call the creator and pray to him xD
Not all of them. For the ones that say 'unrestricted use' or 'commercial use OK', you should be good to go to use them. "Limited Use with Credits' is another term you may come across, if the asset you want to use has Limited Use with Credits, yeah that one is very much a judgement call...

I assume that you know about ShareCG and poserdazfreebies.mirahaze.org... also, in case you may have missed it, we do have a thread where we share links to various freebies and freebie sites, with varying usage rights.

https://f95zone.to/threads/free-stuff-for-daz-3d.22194/

And yeah, keeping track of all of those usage rights can be a pain sometimes. I started to put the more limited ones in their own Daz sub-library so that I'd know not to use them in future renpy games and such...

NexTGenioN

Super-Duper Member
Donor
Jul 9, 2018
Yeah i know about ShareCG and yo thread thx (y)
And yeah, keeping track of all of those usage rights can be a pain sometimes. I started to put the more limited ones in their own Daz sub-library so that I'd know not to use them in future renpy games and such...
So need to keep in mind maybe to sort that stuff with varying usage rights

Reactions: OhWee