Tool Daz Daz 3D Studio Issues (maybe)

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
Since Daz3D Studio's documentation is obscure, I can't resolve a certain products situation. Namely, products from the library of my second drive are displayed in the library among
(DIM installed) smart products. I don't know if it was affected by classic DB maintenance, but when I click on those products, I have some empty folders. Has anyone experienced such issues and is there a way to solve it? Help would be highly appreciated.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know if it was affected by classic DB maintenance, but when I click on those products, I have some empty folders.
The Smart Content isn't filled by what it effectively on the disk, but through a XML file. This mean that there's no control if the file is effectively present or not, and I'm not sure that, when done by the DIM, the Smart Content know how to deal with more than one base directory.
To this have to be added that the DIM do not care a single second about extraction errors. The zip archive can be fully corrupted and only able to extract two or three files, the DIM will still tell you that everything is correct.

When you look in the Content Library panel, do the assets are present or not ?

BobTheJoker

Apr 4, 2021
All products are there, and I have a duplicates. For example, one product, installed with DIM, is on my main drive and I have manually installed on the other drive (mostly 3rd party products) the same product (didn't paid attention). Now, if I want to uninstall one or another, I lose both of them.