DAZ HD Morphing (Import subdivided models)

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
Never.
They removed it to sell HD morph$.
Which is extremely odd because actual artists making HD morphs for sale will make way better morphs than non-artists and indies dicking about as a hobby. But it's Daz. They have a section on their forums for NFTs, which tells you a lot about the business acumen and intelligence of their top people.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Which is extremely odd because actual artists making HD morphs for sale will make way better morphs than non-artists and indies dicking about as a hobby. But it's Daz. They have a section on their forums for NFTs, which tells you a lot about the business acumen and intelligence of their top people.
If you need to buy HD morph, stick to Daz original or skin makers that know what they are doing.
Like Daz skins in general, 95% is "indies dicking about as a hobby" (won't blame them tho).
That said Daz has a rabid fanbase and quite healthy ecosystem (which is quite rare).

For Daz3D, people should dig Tafi, Daz parent company. That's why I don't really blame Daz devs (not sure they have any insight).

Reactions: astralmess

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
How can we use this old version of DAZ and install it alongside a later one, like 4.20? Since they store their config in the same place, %appdata% something, some issues might occur (DAZ goes out of their way to warn not to do it and to make it as hard as possible to install two different versions). They only allow installing a stable version and a beta, but that creates a whole set of other problems, incompatiblity and bugs in the beta.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
How can we use this old version of DAZ and install it alongside a later one, like 4.20? Since they store their config in the same place, %appdata% something, some issues might occur (DAZ goes out of their way to warn not to do it and to make it as hard as possible to install two different versions). They only allow installing a stable version and a beta, but that creates a whole set of other problems, incompatiblity and bugs in the beta.
Read the earlier posts in this thread, this question is answered there. (Hint: make a new windows user for daz 6.4)

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
Has anybody actually tried this? I finally got around to installing 4.21, after installing 4.6 earlier, and the installer wants to remove the old version. I mean way to go DAZ being a pain the ass.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
You can have one beta and one official installed at the same time and working separately, iirc

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
faramata Psycho is correct, but the original suggestion was to create a 2nd windows user login account and install 4.6 under that. AFAIK daz only puts stuff in the various directories under the ~USER~ path and the specified install path. Did that not work for you?

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I installed the old version, under a separate account. But when I want to install the new version, it detects the old version and says it will be uninstalled, even though the new version is not being installed on the same account as the old one.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I'll be honest and say that I haven't actually installed it myself, I'm just regurgitating advice I've seen in other forums.

One last idea: can you do it in the opposite order? install 4.21 and then 4.6 in the 2nd account? The newer version's installer might be able to detect but the old one (4.6 is from >5 years ago) might not have that function...

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
There is, but one would need to become an artist to get it, or if somehow an existing artist decided to leak it (very unlikely). It's doubtful the plugin has remained unchanged, for many reasons (compatibility with new Zbrush versions alone would require it to be updated).

0day

Sep 26, 2020
So If I created a HD morph, I am allowed to sell that HD model? (becouse I have ecreated a super detailed HD character)

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
So If I created a HD morph, I am allowed to sell that HD model? (becouse I have ecreated a super detailed HD character)
I think it's risky. The reason they're not releasing the HD morph maker to the public is so HD morphs are exclusive to characters sold on DAZ. I don't think there are any HD characters on Renderosity, for example.

Dec 16, 2019
I installed the old version, under a separate account. But when I want to install the new version, it detects the old version and says it will be uninstalled, even though the new version is not being installed on the same account as the old one.
I think this will work. It uses the same settings as new versions, turnoff auto updates in the up-to-date version, you may have to close it first for it to save your settings, and the old one will also not try to auto update.

Zeeye

Jan 25, 2023
Shit it was the longest search in my entire life but here it is
DAZStudio_4.6.2.120_Win64

GoZ DAZ 4.6.2.120(118)

Multi-Resolution Morph Support

• Love
Reactions: osanaiko

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I think this will work. It uses the same settings as new versions, turnoff auto updates in the up-to-date version, you may have to close it first for it to save your settings, and the old one will also not try to auto update.
IIRC correctly it checks for some file which denotes that DAZ is installed. Not whether there are updates available.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Quick! Everyone grab copies so we can ensure better "distributed backup" of the old, precious relics...

Reactions: Zeeye