DAZ HD Morphing (Import subdivided models)

U

User_1293979

I wanted to say that it worked well .. I was in Linux and I felt lazy to create another part of the disk c

• Angry
Reactions: P_S_Y_C_H_O

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
Shit it was the longest search in my entire life but here it is
DAZStudio_4.6.2.120_Win64

GoZ DAZ 4.6.2.120(118)

Multi-Resolution Morph Support
Do you have both 4.6.2.120 and the latest version of DAZ installed? Then you use 4.6.2.120 to make the HD morph. Then once you're done, you close 4.6.2.120, then load up the latest version of DAZ and use the custom HD morph you made in your renders?

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
Do you have both 4.6.2.120 and the latest version of DAZ installed? Then you use 4.6.2.120 to make the HD morph. Then once you're done, you close 4.6.2.120, then load up the latest version of DAZ and use the custom HD morph you made in your renders?
Create HD via old version and save. Then use it wherever you want.

Reactions: hakarlman

Nocthan

Nov 16, 2018
It just still works!

I recommend installing\running Daz 6.4 in a different Windows user to keep the organization.
To make this easier reactivate the runas context menu:
I prefer to not put my Daz key in it, who knows... grab one here: doload.org/daz-studio-pro-crack-serial-number-free/
After you install both Daz 6.4 and the plugin, activate the plugin with the provided key at "help>about installed plugins..."

I usually just crank up the subdivisions in G8 parameters then export it to .obj using the Carrara preset.
It imports fine on Blender, just don't forget to untick "Geometry>split by object"

Back in Morph Loader Pro after you choose the Morph file don't forget to fill "Morph Subdivision" and inside it "Built resolution"

RaXorX

Dec 24, 2018
4.6 didn't have the attenuate option, sucks because you can't split the morphs properly and have to stick with a full-body morph. You can still use it if you're not too stuck up on the minor details that get messed up while splitting the morph via newer daz. But it won't affect the HD file created initially, hence what creates the subtle details to get messed up.

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
Thanks for the plugin and 4.6. Seems to work OK (the plugin in Daz 4.6). I have a problem though. It does not seem to apply the reverse deformation, i.e. the morph imports OK at the desired subdiv, but when I apply the morph 100% it explodes. I've tried with and without reverse deformation and I can't get it to do anything other than explode.

Last edited:

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
I discovered that the morph subdivision plugin seems to work OK if the figure does not have a geograft. If it does, it kind-of screws up.

Dec 16, 2019
Thanks for the plugin and 4.6. Seems to work OK (the plugin in Daz 4.6). I have a problem though. It does not seem to apply the reverse deformation, i.e. the morph imports OK at the desired subdiv, but when I apply the morph 100% it explodes. I've tried with and without reverse deformation and I can't get it to do anything other than explode.
1645040133677.png

I think you need to change this one to yes for the reverse morph.

I just realized that it has to be exported from this version as well. I was exporting from 4.16. They've changed how they write out obj files since this version was released. After exporting the figure from 4.6 at high resolution I can reimport it back. Problem solved.

I realize this is a pointless exercise I just wanted to see if this worked before doing anything with it.

Still I'm doing something wrong. After I finish dragging the slider on my new morph it goes to shit.

While dragging. (I've realized this is just showing the morph at base resolution while the slider is moving)
Screenshot 2022-02-16 113146.png
After it's set at 100
1645040354841.png

I've seen this before when exporting a sculp from blender when you don't set "preserve vertex order" or something along those lines. In this case I exported a figure from daz with just the daz preset export settings just to reimport it at HD and see how it works.

It recognized that it was an hd figure and matched the geometry, I exported at subdivision 2 if it makes a difference.

I exported it as an obj with these settings
1645040835637.png
this is just the daz preset with the materials turned off.
1645040951919.png
and imported it with these settings.
1645040802149.png

I'm missing something, not sure what?

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019
It's just like making a regular morph except you have to export your figure from this old version, with the sub division level you want.

Open it in some other app add your hd details.

Then when using morph loader pro back in this old version of daz you have to say yes on the morph subdivision and then set it to the same subd that you exported it as. That's really it.

Tada, you now have an hd morph. Save it and you can now apply it back in the latest version of daz.

My big nonsense post was because I had exported from a newer version of daz and the it doesn't work that way. You have to export and make your morph in this version.

0day

Sep 26, 2020
It's just like making a regular morph except you have to export your figure from this old version, with the sub division level you want.

Open it in some other app add your hd details.

Then when using morph loader pro back in this old version of daz you have to say yes on the morph subdivision and then set it to the same subd that you exported it as. That's really it.

Tada, you now have an hd morph. Save it and you can now apply it back in the latest version of daz.

My big nonsense post was because I had exported from a newer version of daz and the it doesn't work that way. You have to export and make your morph in this version.
Thank you very much for this small guide, I created over 125 models to sell them. This is my next step, HD characters.
cheers

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
When I imported my morph in 4.6 with the HD add-on (after exporting from 4.6 as .obj), I had to change from Catmark to Catmark (Legacy) to prevent it exploding. It's like it's missing or blanked out subd info it needs. The morph is .obj of course, which doesn't have subd info. No idea how to solve this. If anyone knows, that would be cool.

Dec 16, 2019
When I imported my morph in 4.6 with the HD add-on (after exporting from 4.6 as .obj), I had to change from Catmark to Catmark (Legacy) to prevent it exploding. It's like it's missing or blanked out subd info it needs. The morph is .obj of course, which doesn't have subd info. No idea how to solve this. If anyone knows, that would be cool.
I'm not sure what other program you used to edit your exported files but you need to make sure that, at least for object files, that the file that you import back is listing the vertices in the same order that daz is expecting.

PlayfulUK

Apr 20, 2019
I'm not sure what other program you used to edit your exported files but you need to make sure that, at least for object files, that the file that you import back is listing the vertices in the same order that daz is expecting.
I used mudbox. There's no option to save the .obj any other way. It's something to do with the subd, for sure. I import other morphs fine with this program.