Daz Daz Lag

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Soooo hello community. I have a problem.

My older machine ... the last time it happened was at 98% of rendering then pc is still on but its crashed too so like ONE big Lag.

Let me explain .... black screen and nothing happens.

Then somehow because its not fully pc crash, after time, when daz will stop working and fully closed with somehow my help the pc is back and no black screen.

The time when the LAG of my pc happned was 22:09 so I looked at daz log and found this.

2023-11-02 22:09:06.079 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - API DATABASE :: 1.0 API db warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

Thanks for every help and answer.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Soooo hello community. I have a problem.

My older machine ... the last time it happened was at 98% of rendering then pc is still on but its crashed too so like ONE big Lag.

Let me explain .... black screen and nothing happens.

Then somehow because its not fully pc crash, after time, when daz will stop working and fully closed with somehow my help the pc is back and no black screen.

The time when the LAG of my pc happned was 22:09 so I looked at daz log and found this.

2023-11-02 22:09:06.079 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - API DATABASE :: 1.0 API db warn : Transaction is released without being committed or aborted. Automatically aborting.

Thanks for every help and answer.
Dunno.

But i noticed that sometimes when loading a scene the same happens.
Black Screen. No render.
I can't proof it but i think there is a memory leak because restarting DAZ usually solves the problem unless i am using an asset that is crap and kills DAZ, which can happen too.
The person who wrote render queue probably thought off the same and thus restarts DAZ after every render.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Dunno.

Black Screen. No render.
I can't proof it but i think there is a memory leak because restarting DAZ usually solves the problem unless i am using an asset that is crap and kills DAZ, which can happen too.
The person who wrote render queue probably thought off the same and thus restarts DAZ after every render.
Well you are right at some cases there are when rendering more then 1 image black screen right at the start but my problem is the render is at 98% then the lag happens. What you say is I believe a common thing that happened to me many times ... black sreen when scenses/iray loading.
Still thanks.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Dunno.

Black Screen. No render.
Also I am not using render queue.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Dunno.

Black Screen. No render.
And its also not normal black thing. My whole pc is in lag unable to do anything for some time. And close and open daz not help. At least not today for this case.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
It's quite normal for a PC to lock-up completely when a program freezes before returning to normal when the program crashes/forced to shut down.

Googling your error comes up with a post describing the same problem you have; render gets stuck at a certain %, black screen, and DAZ crashes. From their trail and error they concluded its a conflict between a pose used and a clothing item. People reported differing poses/clothing items combos so not a specific one.

See if removing the clothing and/or resetting the pose fixes it. If that's the case you could try adding the poses and clothing used 1 by 1 to find the culprit.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
It's quite normal for a PC to lock-up completely when a program freezes before returning to normal when the program crashes/forced to shut down.

Googling your error comes up with a post describing the same problem you have; render gets stuck at a certain %, black screen, and DAZ crashes. From their trail and error they concluded its a conflict between a pose used and a clothing item. People reported differing poses/clothing items combos so not a specific one.

See if removing the clothing and/or resetting the pose fixes it. If that's the case you could try adding the poses and clothing used 1 by 1 to find the culprit.
Hmmm, thanks.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
And its also not normal black thing. My whole pc is in lag unable to do anything for some time. And close and open daz not help. At least not today for this case.
Totally forgot.
Check you CPU fan. Mine went out, kinda. It did not spin anymore high enough. It's just something that could give you lag.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
If you get a black render window then it's either a video driver problem, too old DAZ version or the graphics card runs out of video memory (aka scene is too big). Sometimes if Iray crashed, DAZ will work but it will refuse to render because some Iray wires got crossed and the only solution is to restart DAZ.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
If you get a black render window then it's either a video driver problem, too old DAZ version or the graphics card runs out of video memory (aka scene is too big). Sometimes if Iray crashed, DAZ will work but it will refuse to render because some Iray wires got crossed and the only solution is to restart DAZ.
Its not that daz will get black screen its my monitor that is black and I cant do nothing for a time that the pc is lagged.

Well the firstly daz will get lag then the black screen of my monitor but also my pc is lagged.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Okay wierd. I am at 96% of my render then like :D it seems like daz wanted to lag my pc but I moved my mouse click something and so ... so there was brief 1-2 fast black screens daz was not responding for second and its going.

Okay now I looked now at task manager and there is no gpu.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Could it be new drivers dont work with older daz ? If so what is the best driver number for rtx 2060 if someone even can answer. 4.16.03 Daz version.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
But then again I am using on new pc the same setup almost just differnet card.

terryeon

Aug 9, 2017
Run a test of your GPU ram. If your PC itself is freezing/lagging then it can be a possible GPU ram issues that generally happens due to heat frying a section of memory (or shipped faulty). Not saying this IS your issue, but it can be if there are no driver issues and you need to test for it. Better to cross that issue off the list of suspects before a total failure of the card than afterwards when you can't test it anymore.

It can also be an issue due to heat causing it to fail for extreme cases but unlikely. You don't mention your temps so it's hard to say for anyone but you if this is an issue. Also, fun Daz 3D hack, use cheat engine & setup a hotkey for pause process. You can let your card/system cool down this way by pausing the rendering and it won't cause problems for daz once you resume the process. I don't know what temps you are at by the end of rendering but it's also a possible cause even if very unlikely. Still not impossible though. But I will say, if you pause the process yet system lag stays, then that sounds more like a ram issue and not heat and I don't think driver. I can't be 100% sure but I believe a driver issue would cause the lag to stop once the process is paused at the very least, but someone may need to chime in if they actually know for a fact as I've never had driver issues on daz.

Anyhow, I hope it's none of these two issues and you just need different drivers. But at least do check for hardware issues due to warranty lengths.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Run a test of your GPU ram. If your PC itself is freezing/lagging then it can be a possible GPU ram issues that generally happens due to heat frying a section of memory (or shipped faulty). Not saying this IS your issue, but it can be if there are no driver issues and you need to test for it. Better to cross that issue off the list of suspects before a total failure of the card than afterwards when you can't test it anymore.

It can also be an issue due to heat causing it to fail for extreme cases but unlikely. You don't mention your temps so it's hard to say for anyone but you if this is an issue. Also, fun Daz 3D hack, use cheat engine & setup a hotkey for pause process. You can let your card/system cool down this way by pausing the rendering and it won't cause problems for daz once you resume the process. I don't know what temps you are at by the end of rendering but it's also a possible cause even if very unlikely. Still not impossible though. But I will say, if you pause the process yet system lag stays, then that sounds more like a ram issue and not heat and I don't think driver. I can't be 100% sure but I believe a driver issue would cause the lag to stop once the process is paused at the very least, but someone may need to chime in if they actually know for a fact as I've never had driver issues on daz.

Anyhow, I hope it's none of these two issues and you just need different drivers. But at least do check for hardware issues due to warranty lengths.
I am testing VRAM ... 80% usage (6552MB) as it was default in the test program and temps seems okay like 63C and 71 for cpu ... time is now at 43minutes out of 1h. I also did test render of just one character and it did rendered.

Can you or someone please give me a driver number that go best with daz 4.16 ? If something like that is even something to consider. If driver will not be it at the end then its something else in my pc probably and if not then lastly something in the scene in daz.

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
I am testing VRAM ... 80% usage (6552MB) as it was default in the test program and temps seems okay like 63C and 71 for cpu ... time is now at 43minutes out of 1h. I also did test render of just one character and it did rendered.

Can you or someone please give me a driver number that go best with daz 4.16 ? If something like that is even something to consider. If driver will not be it at the end then its something else in my pc probably and if not then lastly something in the scene in daz.
I always use hibernate on my PC instead of shut down. Sometimes when I wake it up the screen stays dark and its led blinks. Doesn't happen very often but when it does unplugging the monitor fixes it (so far).

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
I always use hibernate on my PC instead of shut down. Sometimes when I wake it up the screen stays dark and its led blinks. Doesn't happen very often but when it does unplugging the monitor fixes it (so far).
Ahm, thanks but no.

eri

Game Developer
Dec 3, 2017
Okay thanks everyone for help. My last question.
Can someone please give me a driver number that go best with daz 4.16 ? If something like that is even something to consider.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Okay thanks everyone for help. My last question.
Can someone please give me a driver number that go best with daz 4.16 ? If something like that is even something to consider.
This question will probably have an existing answer on Daz official forums. From memory there is already a detailed thread there talking about nvidia driver versions and compatibility with various daz releases.