Daz DAZ Render Settings - Name of the render is not saving.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
Hi all. I have a question. I have a scene, I adjust the render settings in it and save it. Then I open the same file, all render settings remain except the name. Does anyone know: why?

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi all. I have a question. I have a scene, I adjust the render settings in it and save it. Then I open the same file, all render settings remain except the name. Does anyone know: why?
I believe that the file name is not saved because it's for one file vs. render setting is universal for all files.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
I believe that the file name is not saved because it's for one file vs. render setting is universal for all files.
Actually, no. At least not with me. I have three scenes with adjusted render settings, they all have different number of iterations and the number is saved correctly everywhere, but the title is not saved at all.

I want to queue these scenes, but unfortunately this is not possible because the name of each saved scene is missing.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
I'm not sure I understand, exactly what name is not the same? The DUF file name? Or are you talking about what is your active viewport (Perspective, Front, Top, Bottom, Camera X ... etc)

When setting up for a batch queue, the process is a bit different for Man Friday's render queue and the other batch renderer's like the renderosity one. For MF's one, you can render multiple camera angles from the same DUF, but for the other ones, you have to save each DUF separately, with the camera angle you want active in the view port as you save them. So what I usually do is I have my main scene DUF, which is in a different folder and then I do "Save as" for each camera angle I need to queue, but save them in a special queue folder, just to make sure I don't mix things up. You also have to be careful not to Save over one of these queued DUF's by mistake. I've done that many times, lol.

Another trap to be aware of, is that you might have a scene DUF saved just perfect, with all the lighting and render environment settings perfect, but then you merge something into the scene, such as a character you made earlier. Depending on how you saved that character, you might also be loading in a whole new set of render settings. Remember, when you save something as a complete scene file, there's all those check boxes for environment, background, render settings etc. I started using only scene presets lately for any stuff I may add to other scenes and I always uncheck the boxes for any render settings.

Syploore

Jun 14, 2020
I'm not sure I understand, exactly what name is not the same? The DUF file name? Or are you talking about what is your active viewport (Perspective, Front, Top, Bottom, Camera X ... etc)

When setting up for a batch queue, the process is a bit different for Man Friday's render queue and the other batch renderer's like the renderosity one. For MF's one, you can render multiple camera angles from the same DUF, but for the other ones, you have to save each DUF separately, with the camera angle you want active in the view port as you save them. So what I usually do is I have my main scene DUF, which is in a different folder and then I do "Save as" for each camera angle I need to queue, but save them in a special queue folder, just to make sure I don't mix things up. You also have to be careful not to Save over one of these queued DUF's by mistake. I've done that many times, lol.

Another trap to be aware of, is that you might have a scene DUF saved just perfect, with all the lighting and render environment settings perfect, but then you merge something into the scene, such as a character you made earlier. Depending on how you saved that character, you might also be loading in a whole new set of render settings. Remember, when you save something as a complete scene file, there's all those check boxes for environment, background, render settings etc. I started using only scene presets lately for any stuff I may add to other scenes and I always uncheck the boxes for any render settings.
Let me clarify what I mean. I save the scene ( in .duf, file - save as - scene ) with these settings (pic 1), and when I restart Daz ( or just open ) and open the same scene from saved .duf, the settings are like this (pic 2). Everything remains except the image name.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
image name equals to save a image after you render so it's not a setting at all if you doing a animation there a box that say render type if you select it, it will show still image or image series and movie that image name box is tided into that box so every time that you close daz it will be clear regardless you saved it or not

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Actually, no. At least not with me. I have three scenes with adjusted render settings, they all have different number of iterations and the number is saved correctly everywhere, but the title is not saved at all.

I want to queue these scenes, but unfortunately this is not possible because the name of each saved scene is missing.
Well, rayminator confirmed it.

Though i wonder, are you saying you saved the render setting with the scene. So every time you load the scene there will a different render setting for that scene?

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
What they said...

Honestly, since I don't do animations (yet) I almost never use that menu. I instead have my settings so that each render is in a new window and I give them very descriptive names so I can find them easy when doing post processing (Ex. scene_1_cam_5_MC_fucking_li_2.png) Honestly, when i finish a single scene, I have ~ 200 base renders or spot renders and without being very descriptive in their file names, I would never be able to put the pieces together.

As for the animations. like rayminator has said, you use that drop down box above the one you have circled (Render Type) to pick animation series (Series of stills) or movie, and it will name the renders in a sequence - or - create a movie file (never tried it)

I actually dislike when my batch renderer leaves the setting on direct to file. I hate that, as it's too easy to lose a render. The "Save last render.." function of DAZ is spotty at best. For me at least, the safest thing is for the render to stay open in it's own window until I can name it and save it.