• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Daz rendering

Vaioretto

Feb 24, 2018
Hello! Right now im learning Daz3d and trying my first renders(IRAY engine).
But my computer is not very powerful.
My configuration:
GPU: RX460 (4gb)
CPU: amd-fx 6350
8gb RAM.
I want to buy GTX 1060 6gb, but it will take some time for me to have money.
Can you give me some tips about rendering on pc like mine or there is no hope?

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
you can always render on pc.

even if you have the shittiest pc ever. its only a matter of time.

a powerful pc will render fast, a shitty pc will take days and week to render 1 thing.

DAz will accept absolutly all the thing you put in it, same as your pc. but when you render it, DAz will render it no problem, but your pc will be the one to take the hit.
you GC can get litteraly destroyed if you push the limit too high. even on strong pc.
but again, you can render on every pc. if the pc doesnt have nvidia card (like mine) , it will render on cpu , and even the shittiest cpu can do it (i have an i3 530 for exempl). but it will take looooooooooooong time ( took me 2 horus per renders right now )

also if you put tons of stuff on DAz scene, you pc wil render with your nvidia card, but if the limit needed is more than your card, it will switch to cpu (and its slow as fuck compared to GC rendering)

you can technically render with every pc, as long you keep a correct amunt of stuff on scene based on your pc limit and dont try crazy shit that can burn you GC or CPU.

to render better and faster you can :
- NOT put too much light on the scene, keep only 1 if possible
- NOT put tons of stuff on scene (everything will be calculated, even if its out of the camera)
- NOT use resolution of crazyness (such as 4K, 8K or more, this will drastically grow your rendering time and hurt your pc)
- AVOID to use old genesis chars models (the older, the more polygon and complex theyare, and so the more long and hard to render. keep on Gen3 and Gen8)
- AVOID insane created assets , such as enormous places full of high definition details (that would kill your pc on rendering lol)

if your pc struggle with iray, swtich to 3Delight. its not as good as iray, but its better for low pc. also keep in mind that 3Delight is more long to render than iray (for reasons i dont know exactly because i m not a pro)

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Hello! Right now im learning Daz3d and trying my first renders(IRAY engine).
But my computer is not very powerful.
My configuration:
GPU: RX460 (4gb)
CPU: amd-fx 6350
8gb RAM.
I want to buy GTX 1060 6gb, but it will take some time for me to have money.
Can you give me some tips about rendering on pc like mine or there is no hope?
Of course you can but It will be real pain. Better to sell that rx 460 and get something from nvidia anything is better than nothing. So something like second hand gtx 970 or 780ti or something like that you can buy for nice money today.