Daz- Sitting Disrupts Pelvic Area

HairSpray

May 7, 2018
Hello,
When I try to pose the Genesis 8 Female Figure to sit (or any other figure in this respect), the pelvic area takes a strange shape. I couldn't figure out what bone is it causing this problem. (Can be Pelvic bone, sacral bone or spine?)

Screen shots of the smooth shaded model are in the attachment.

Could you please help me solve this issue.
Thank You.
dazPelvicAreaIssue4.PNG dazPelvicAreaIssue2.PNG dazPelvicAreaIssue3.PNG dazPelvicAreaIssue.png

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
I saw someone post this same issue on the Daz forum. As I recall, they solved it by uninstalling and re-installing some content, but I don't remember exactly what content. Could have been the entire default Genesis 8 package.

It is probable that this is a rogue morph of some kind that is incorrectly set to default to a non-zero value, possibly due to a glitch in the installation. The way you could find it is by:

1. Select your figure in the scene tab
2. In the Parameters tab, click on the hatch-mark in the upper left corner and put a check next to "Show Hidden Properties"
3. In the Parameters tab, click on the "Currently Used" item at the top.

This will show you everything being applied to the character, including things like JCM ("Joint Controlled Morphs") that are normally hidden. If one of those is set when it shouldn't be, you can dial it back to zero. If it's applying to everything, then the odds are that you've installed a figure or component that has a bug in it. You might be able to figure out which by clicking on the gear icon on the rogue morph and looking at "Parameter Settings."

If it's happening on every G8F, then the solution might be to uninstall the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, make sure you have a good version of them (re-download from your Daz account, since they're free) and re-install.

HairSpray

May 7, 2018
Ty rich,

1. Select your figure in the scene tab
2. In the Parameters tab, click on the hatch-mark in the upper left corner and put a check next to "Show Hidden Properties"
3. In the Parameters tab, click on the "Currently Used" item at the top.

This will show you everything being applied to the character, including things like JCM ("Joint Controlled Morphs") that are normally hidden. If one of those is set when it shouldn't be, you can dial it back to zero. If it's applying to everything, then the odds are that you've installed a figure or component that has a bug in it. You might be able to figure out which by clicking on the gear icon on the rogue morph and looking at "Parameter Settings."
This worked. Thank you Rich. You're awesome.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You're completely welcome!

Jun 29, 2018
I haven't had that exact issue but I was getting very strange looking Genesis 8 female faces. The plain G8F figure would end up looking like some 1/2 frog 1/2 woman creature!

I was also getting a ton of errors in my Daz log every time I tried loading a figure and even a base Genesis 8 figure would take 2 - 3 minutes to load.

I ended up having to go through the errors in the log and find a few different morph packages that were causing errors. About 3 or 4 bad morph packages were causing over 3,000 lines of errors in my log file! After removing those morphs by deleting them from the Daz 'data' directory the errors stopped and my G8 figured looked human again. Glad you fixed the issue.

HairSpray

May 7, 2018
Thank you DreamLab Studio for adding the issues are caused by the 'data' folder. Although I fixed the issue, this helps me understand it better :)

Reactions: DreamLab Studio

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
What occasionally happens is that you get a morph file that, when it's saved by whoever created it, doesn't have its default set to zero. When that happens, every single figure to which that morph could apply automatically gets that morph. (In other words, if it's a G3M morph, every G3M character you load gets that morph whether you like it or not.)

This has happened several times even with packages that were sold through Daz Studio. (You'd think this would be the kind of thing that you could quality check in an automated fashion, but then I'm a coder at heart, and love things that can be done automatically.)

It is actually possible to repair (as opposed to just uninstalling) - you have to locate the bogus morph (via the method described above), go into "edit mode" on the properties pane, adjust the morph to a zero value, and then save the morph over top of the original file. It's a pain, but it is doable.

Reactions: DreamLab Studio
Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for the info Rich. I'll add these to my Daz notes in case I see it come up in the future. Thankfully the few morphs giving me the issue weren't ones I was using so I'll just leave them uninstalled for now. It is a shame that some quality control work didn't catch those before they were released but at least it's correctable.