Daz Daz studio alternative animation software

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Meanwhile, Autodesk products, including Maya, had a , and so far their fix is still to use a free additional app that will scan the files before processing them ; have they even warned their users about this ?

No they didn't. It's actually the first I've heard of that one.
It's right in the official page -_-!

Exploit is 15/4, they hotfixe'd main releases ~8 days after. Ain't no 'additional app', it's Autodesk main hub.

I really wish the industry would get away from Autodesk and and Adobe, just a little bit. Just enough to make them tighten up.
I'm not the best Maya/PS power user ever, far from that, but I just wish the contrary. There is some hope with Blender & Gimp provide a better end-user focus and a proper pipeline one day (lol).

hansolocambo

Jun 21, 2020
Think DAZ only as a base mesh generator.
Then use Blender (or Max or Maya) to think animation.
DAZ animation system is probably the very very worst ever coded in human history.

Reactions: subtron

hardwire666

Apr 12, 2018
It's right in the official page -_-!

Exploit is 15/4, they hotfixe'd main releases ~8 days after. Ain't no 'additional app', it's Autodesk main hub.

That was my bad. I don't know how that "No they didn't" got in there. lol. Must of been on my phone and hit the text to speech button.

And yeah there is hope, can't speak for Gimp myself haven't touched it in probably 10 years. Blender is my goto though esp for modeling or texturing. Haven't done a lot of of animation with it but it's more than capable for sure. It's ridiculously close to taking the crown from Maya. esp with all the companies that have been throwing money at them over the past couple years.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
That was my bad. I don't know how that "No they didn't" got in there. lol. Must of been on my phone and hit the text to speech button.

And yeah there is hope, can't speak for Gimp myself haven't touched it in probably 10 years. Blender is my goto though esp for modeling or texturing. Haven't done a lot of of animation with it but it's more than capable for sure. It's ridiculously close to taking the crown from Maya. esp with all the companies that have been throwing money at them over the past couple years.
Can't say for animations sadly that not my thing (yet), but yeah I heard lot of good feedback. I mostly jump on Maya for Arnorld/Vray, not there yet but starting to look really fine. For textures I stick to (an old crappy version version of) Substance, havn't used something else in a while, going to see what Blender have to offer for the 3.0 if I find some time.

Gimp, I think it's 3.0 too?, got some UI revamp and some needed features. Worth it to give it another shot.