Daz Tip - Right click function

Jun 29, 2018
I've recently been getting aggravated trying to get some poses and positions in Daz setup because positioning the camera or perspective view was a pain. I did some some checking and found that the Daz Navigation tools (top right of the main view port) have different functions when you Right or Left click. You may already know these but they were new to me!

I made an image showing the differences for these buttons and thought others may find these useful as well.

Daz Studio Viewport Movement.png

The 2 I found the most useful as right clicking on the 'rotate' tool so your view just rotates but doesn't change position in 3D space.

The other is when using the Perspective View and right clicking on the 'zoom' tool (magnifying glass icon). This lets you change the focal length just as if you were viewing through a camera. Changing this to a wide angle view gives you the feeling of having much more room to move around in. Very useful when setting up poses and shots in a small room. I'm also not aware of any other way to change the focal length of the Perspective View.

As I'm getting used to these they are helping make using Daz a bit less frustrating at times! Hopefully someone else can get some use out of these as well.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Using the Actual Cube itself were it says "Right, Left, Bottom, Top, Etc" can sometimes be easier also.