• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender daz to blender, animated in blender then export anim for daz

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
Animation in daz its a messy,
cause bad ik (foot never stay on place wtf, and its a big waist of time to fix).
Export the char in blender is ok (daz to blender bridge).

Animate in blender is ok (normal or rigidify, aka the heaven, foot stay in place!!! lol)
See the stupid example made in 20" lol

I tried to export the animation in fbx and bvh from blender,
but import that in daz dont work, or for bvh totally wrong anim.

Someone know the right way?
The holy graal? lol

Thanks
View attachment bl.webm

Last edited:

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Well, what gen are you trying to make an animation for, also when you import, are the bones recognised?

The video is 3 seconds long and I'm not sure what the problem is, some more details would help.

palumbra

Nov 20, 2019
Well, what gen are you trying to make an animation for, also when you import, are the bones recognised?

The video is 3 seconds long and I'm not sure what the problem is, some more details would help.
the video is a simple stupid anim of g8f, make in blender (g8f exported from daz to blender bridge).
The i save the anim in blender, in fbx and bvh.
when import in daz3d, bvh totally mess (i made the correnspondency of bone where possible)
fbx import say there is not a root geometry, or whit other save settings in blender, only a mess, lol.

My goal is make the body anim in blender with IK working, not the shit ik of daz, then refine the anim in daz.
But i think is a mission impossible, lol, so waist a lot of time to trick the stupid daz ik, lol

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Hmm, I've had more success with bvh personally (but I have collegues that prefer fbx and know that format better than me), so both formats can import anims to daz. I am not sure what the problem is that you have, but for bvh, it should be a 1 for 1 bone identification if you exported using the daz to blender bridge.

Here is an example of an import of bvh anim to daz for me:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it like that for you?

Last edited:

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Well my example was just something I picked up on the spot that I know works, as an exemple.

It looks like daz recognises the bones, that is good.

People say daz has problems in this area, yes it is true, but with the facial rig and hands/fingers and toes, if you just do the major bones, it works, (exclude the face, hands/fingers and toes). It is not perfect. And you have facial bones ticked.

Try to import your animation but remove facial and hands/fingers/toes bones, try to import a minimum and see if the animation plays ok, if it plays ok, then try to re-import with more bones.