Collection Tool Unreal Engine DAZ to Blender to UE

May 4, 2022
Hi everyone who is watching this post, I have been trying for a few days to import from DAZ to Blender to UE and do it right but it does not work.

I created in my DAZ two characters in a certain pose, and then successfully transferred them to Blender through the existing plugins. Now when I try to transfer the characters from Blender to UE, I also manage to do it through the plugins that are on both sides, but I get the characters without Textures.

On the other hand, if I try to import the characters directly from DAZ to UE the characters come with Textures but in weird poses.

Does anyone know a tutorial that covers this topic from A to Z? Because I found a lot of different tutorials on the subject but they all solve one problem in the process and leave you with another problem.

1.png

Nov 8, 2018
I am working on a tutorial for some time now, but long story short: Forget about it...

To name a few problems:
1) I can export the default GoldenPalace morph with correct textures and morph targets, but anything other than the default shape creates tiny wholes in the mesh itself that are bothersome during closeups...
2) Lifelike Nipple Graft is just a mess in UE5. The generated grid is too dense to look at (shadowed outline in UE5) and when remeshing it with Simplygon (which only works in Blender 2.93 and not in 3+), the texture will look terrible... Also the shaping options aren't that great. - I might find nipple shapes from other female characters like "Ryker" (Male Character) has an option to apply or remove nipples (which doesn't work on female characters of course...)
3) XY Male Genitals simply won't work in UE5. Their UVs are not recognized and I cannot bake the texture onto a new UV Grid in Blender...
4) Default Male Anatomy works with Morph targets, but not with poses - will try to do them manually in UE5 as the DAZ Script includes the exact formula

Apart from that the skin is a problem as it looks rather crispy in UE5. I was trying different shaders to get a better look, but...
And just to mention it: If you try to use a MetaHuman head, the neckline will always be visible and due to the different skin tones & shaders, you have to adjust the DAZ skin color based on the lighting in your game

Here is an example render of what I have so far (Deferred Rendering with 50x15 samples, CC4 Skin Shader, Hatsumomo Skin Asset, MetaHuman head) as well as for the GoldenPalace problem

I might publish my current progress some time in October for people that are smarter than myself and can improve the process...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.