Others DAZ to Character Creator 4 and iClone: Common Issues and Solutions

Mrs. Maroon

Nov 4, 2022
cover-1.15.jpg
Hello there, everyone. I will be posting high-quality, optimized 3D models and assets that have been transferred from DAZ to Character Creator 4 and iClone. To add a support link to the assets zip folder, I started this topic. I'll be back here to post frequent problems and solutions once I've submitted those assets to F95zone. I hope users will find this thread helpful in the future.

Keep coming back because I've created a ton of high-quality assets that have been tested and optimized.

Most Stable and tested software and plug-ins links
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
DAZ to CC4 Anatomical Elements List
** How to install assets**
** Within the program, where are the assets located? **
Others
Fan Sigs

Last edited:

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
What does iClone have to offer more than DAZ?

Last I checked, it was clunkier and slower than DAZ and it didn't offer any benefits. So, what's the point?

Sell it to us.

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017

Last I checked, it was clunkier and slower than DAZ and it didn't offer any benefits. So, what's the point?

Sell it to us.
It all depends on your use case.
To start off. The reason why you may think that iClone is “slower” than DAZ is because the purpose of the software is pretty much the opposite of what DAZ is.
In DAZ you have to render while in
iClone you can view things in real-time and don’t have to wait for the render to see the final results since it’s all done in real-time there being your perception of being “slower”
As for “clunkier” I’m unsure how to answer that since personally I don’t really use DAZ and find it a bit unbearable to use.
As far as I understand the main purpose of DAZ is to make rendered images while I’m unsure how it is regarding animations iClones the main purpose is for creating animations which can be viewed and edited in real-time. While it is possible to make rendered images I’m pretty sure it’s not the main purpose use of said software.

Overall both software is good it just depends on the users needs and wants.

Mrs. Maroon

Nov 4, 2022

Sell it to us.
First of all, I am not a Reallusion affiliate. Everything depends on your preferences and demands. And, as the aforementioned users noted, in iClone and character creator 4, everything is happening in real time. So, there is no waiting involved in rendering. But you can install the iray plug-in if you want anything similar. It's the render engine that DAZ uses. However, I doubt many individuals would prefer to wait for rendering. If you are open to new changes in the industry, you should rely on both softwares since they each offer advantages and disadvantages.

Reactions: eponge and Creiz

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
To start off. The reason why you may think that iClone is “slower” than DAZ is because the purpose of the software is pretty much the opposite of what DAZ is.
iClone you can view things in real-time and don’t have to wait for the render to see the final results since it’s all done in real-time there being your perception of being “slower”
As for “clunkier” I’m unsure how to answer that since personally I don’t really use DAZ and find it a bit unbearable to use.
As far as I understand the main purpose of DAZ is to make rendered images while I’m unsure how it is regarding animations iClones the main purpose is for creating animations which can be viewed and edited in real-time. While it is possible to make rendered images I’m pretty sure it’s not the main purpose use of said software.

Thank you. Consider me schooled.

Now I understand what use it has. And aye, this thread looks like it's a good idea if that's the case.

Mrs. Maroon

Nov 4, 2022
Its lack of assets is the only issue. Because of this, I want to convert as many assets as I can in order to increase public awareness. If more individuals are participating, I hope such difficulties won't exist in the future. I sincerely hope that many experts found this intriguing and began producing unique assets like genitalia. Even though it is now incredibly difficult to develop, I don't think anyone will find the best solution if our voices are not heard. As they are not a part of the model's geometry, my attempts to transfer Dicktator and Golden Palace with morphs and without bones were never going to be flawless. DAZ is better in certain circumstances for gemotery shell grafting. In the future, I hope Reallusion itself will pay attention to our concerns.

cgasper

Sep 2, 2017
Its lack of assets is the only issue.
Somewhat true, well not counting the quite expansive assets collections they've got in their store. Aside from a few must-have assets a lot of it is rather uh not that useful if one just makes it themselves.
There is a thread where someone shared a character with female genitalia although it's back from CC3.
Outside of that probably nothing else that I've found.

I personally just find it a bit of a shame they never got around to adding a muscle system that would make almost remove the need to use bones on well at least female genitalia although it might be possible to do with springs never tried or just to export into Blender and do it there via plugins. If nothing else springs would make it easy to make a male genitalia dangle around without much effort.

Reactions: Mrs. Maroon

Phase X Studios

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2022
Thanks for making this thread. I just started using CC4.

How did you fixed the eyelashes? I tried parenting them to head but they aren't blinking with the eyes.

Reactions: Mrs. Maroon

Mrs. Maroon

Nov 4, 2022
Thanks for making this thread. I just started using CC4.

How did you fixed the eyelashes? I tried parenting them to head but they aren't blinking with the eyes.
You are very welcome. If you transfer your DAZ character with eyelashes, this is unnecessary. Or, if you're referring to missing material, it's best to transfer using the profile.ini method. This is a link to a YouTube video:

It takes time, but it is the most effective method.

I am attempting to create a universal fix morph for the misaligned eyelashes that I am aware of. Upon completion, I will share.

In the mean time,

Here are a few of them if you're looking for high-quality DAZ models for CC4/iClone8.

Reactions: Phase X Studios

Mr. Kin

Oct 29, 2020
Thanks for the effort you are putting in the conversion. My main goal is to make a VN with CC4. With your work, now i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

shinji123

Sep 16, 2017

Sell it to us.
Total opposite experience for me. iClone and CC4 were so much smoother and more performant. This video is a good demo of what you can do with iClone and CC4

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Total opposite experience for me. iClone and CC4 were so much smoother and more performant. This video is a good demo of what you can do with iClone and CC4
This looks like it would make my life so much easier...

Unfortunately my machine struggles lmao

but thanks for the vid, mate. That was informative in more ways than one.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017

Uhm, since you don't use DAZ, you can't really say how it is and if one is slower than the other.

iClone products ARE slower to work with. Morphing etc is slower.

FYI, DAZ can render in close-to-realtime, and it can be set to render the viewport with Filament which is faster than iClone's render. Effectively, you can do animations in realtime and check if anything is off.

Finally, DAZ has the advantage of true rendering complete with shadows and everything. iClone is an easier to use product and might be really good for creating game characters (for vanilla games) but it would be a drag to do anything erotic with it.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
If iClone and CC4 is not clunky for you... then DAZ certainly isn't either.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for the effort you are putting in the conversion. My main goal is to make a VN with CC4. With your work, now i can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
A VN with CC4? Why not just use Illusion Honey Select, then? The force of DAZ is the high quality rendering which the Reallusion products DO NOT offer.

Dukez

Dec 19, 2020
A VN with CC4? Why not just use Illusion Honey Select, then? The force of DAZ is the high quality rendering which the Reallusion products DO NOT offer.
These days though you could probably just chuck the model in a scene on UE5 and use lumen or path tracing even

Mr. Kin

Oct 29, 2020
I'm not developing a VN just with CC4. For renders, I'm using daz. The point is to use CC4 or Metahuman, just to animate a scene. But is something i'm learning right now.

Ender011

Nov 10, 2020
I'm still waiting on a tutorial on how to fix these issues :]

Especially the problem with the lashes

Vyb

Jul 17, 2022

if anyone buys these and tests them, please share to confirm how well they work or not.

Reactions: Nukos504