Unreal Engine Daz daz to unreal bridge /Genitalia break GF Skeleton

jiemak

Oct 7, 2022
When I export a model with genitals, the skeleton breaks as you see in the screenshots. If I export a model without genitals then everything happens normally. Moreover, it doesn’t matter at all what model or genitals you take, the result is the same. Before everything exported fine, but then I probably did something and now I can’t solve it. Maybe there is someone here who knows what the problem is and how to solve it?

Aridecan

May 18, 2023
I am working on doing something similar, and I'm having some good results with using blender as an intermediate.

Now I don't have a full solution together, but this is what I'm doing:

Using Daz3d make an Aiko 8 model (based on the Genesis 8 Female you're using). Using the Advanced Pussy Geograft from rendrotica, I get what you see in the first image.

Daz3dGeo.png

I then Diffeomorphic tool to export it from Daz3d, with both a duf and dbz file.

In Blender I use the plug-in provided by the Diffeomophic tool to import, using the Easy Import Daz button. And I have it merge the geografts. I get what you see in image 2 and 3. The first shows the bones that came in, (with the advanced pussy bones).

Blender3dGeo.png

You can see that the meshes for the anatomical elements have been merged in, though the eyelashes are still in their own mesh.

Blender3dGeoNoBones.png

I then export it from Blender as a standard FBX file, and import that into unreal. And you can see that in the last image its in, but the materials are messed up. The bones are there, and even the stuff from the geograft are there as well.

unreal.png

I've been able to drag it into a level and have it stand there without too much of a problem. But as you can see there's still more work to be done, but the skeleton.

I'm not so worried about the materials/textures being messed up, I'm going for a cel-shaded/manga look with single tone simple skin and I have to redo the materials anyway. But you should be able to take the textures that go from Daz3d->Blender and recreate them in Unreal. I've done that before when I made a collar for the character you see above.

minloved

Jan 11, 2023
I am working on doing something similar, and I'm having some good results with using blender as an intermediate.

Now I don't have a full solution together, but this is what I'm doing:

Using Daz3d make an Aiko 8 model (based on the Genesis 8 Female you're using). Using the Advanced Pussy Geograft from rendrotica, I get what you see in the first image.

View attachment 3198519

I then Diffeomorphic tool to export it from Daz3d, with both a duf and dbz file.

In Blender I use the plug-in provided by the Diffeomophic tool to import, using the Easy Import Daz button. And I have it merge the geografts. I get what you see in image 2 and 3. The first shows the bones that came in, (with the advanced pussy bones).

View attachment 3198525

You can see that the meshes for the anatomical elements have been merged in, though the eyelashes are still in their own mesh.

View attachment 3198536

I then export it from Blender as a standard FBX file, and import that into unreal. And you can see that in the last image its in, but the materials are messed up. The bones are there, and even the stuff from the geograft are there as well.

View attachment 3198557

I've been able to drag it into a level and have it stand there without too much of a problem. But as you can see there's still more work to be done, but the skeleton.

I'm not so worried about the materials/textures being messed up, I'm going for a cel-shaded/manga look with single tone simple skin and I have to redo the materials anyway. But you should be able to take the textures that go from Daz3d->Blender and recreate them in Unreal. I've done that before when I made a collar for the character you see above.
Since you've done this quite recently, and I'm essentially following the same path, wondering if you could answer some questions.

1. What steps should I follow to merge all the meshes in Blender?
1. Are you doing anything to reduce the vertices count?
1. Are you able to import the morphs correctly/consistently?
1. Are planning on making modular clothing? Do you know what the workflow to get that from daz to UE is? (Morphs included)
1. Do you know the best way to get Animations from Daz to UE? Do I need to go through blender?

Also, if you figure out the materials issue, please let us know, would be helpful, thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aridecan

Aridecan

May 18, 2023
1. For merging the meshes, I tried a few different things, like importing directly with the Daz3d bridge. But the best results I've gotten is with the Diffeomorphic tool.
a. Set up your nude body in Daz3d, with the geografts installed. As I said I used the advanced pussy from renderotica: and I use the breast utilities for genesis 8 females:
b. Make sure that Diffeomorphic tools are installed (just follow the step by step documentation, but use your model)
c. Use the Export to Blender option under the file menu in Daz3d. (keep following the diffeomorphic documentation)
d. Go to blender and make sure the Diffeomorphic tools are installed
e. Skip the documentation for the 'Import Daz' button in the documentation, and go to the documentation for the Easy Import DAZ button. Make sure the 'Merge Geographs' check box is ticked.
Everything should now be in Blender

2. I'm just turning off the subsurf modifier in Blender. With is turned off I have 19,152 vertices, and 37,928 triangles which is a fairly good place. With it turned on 77,810 verts and 154,528 triangles. Which is probably too high. I have to experiment with it to see what a good vert count is. I've heard you want between 60->80k triangles for your models and still be able to render quickly. But that's from a few years ago, and 160k might be good.

3. Yes I plan on making modular clothing. I don't have the workflow together for that since I was planning on designing most of the clothes myself in blender. But it should be the same as above, since most clothes are geographs and shouldn't be merged in.

4. That I'm not sure on. But I did recently save a youtube video on how to set up any animation to work in UE. that is what I will be trying when I get that far. Since it seems to work with accurig and mixamo animations it should work with Daz3d animations too.