Daz weird comportment...

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Hello folks,

While rendering the scene above a multiple time, the first time it went well but the second and third time I had this weird render... It was done with Iray render.

Same pose and the same scene just changed optimisation from speed to memory...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also in my laptop when I open the pictures with paint or the basic windows picture opener I have some weird white dots that don't appear when I upload the picture here

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, please?

Thanks.

Gauhl

Aug 28, 2017
I dont have any experience with daz but it seems they didnt fully render. It feels pixelated and maybe thats why the standard windows browser cant see those pixels and makes them white?

Reactions: Spirox

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
well, I think it's a complete render because I had 100% in the progression bar

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
And even in the render window before saving it (The render window in Daz studio), it appears normal like her but once it's saved well I got those white weird dots...

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Its the hair cap. If you up the scale of that or the hair in general just a little bit, it will go away.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Its the hair cap. If you up the scale of that or the hair in general just a little bit, it will go away.
Thanks, I wasn't sure but now I am. But for the white dots, I don't know what the heck it is, it's not even fireflies too weird.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks, I wasn't sure but now I am. But for the white dots, I don't know what the heck it is, it's not even fireflies too weird.
I don't know about the dots, but the hair problem is an iray bug that happens when the character is too far away from the 0,0,0 point (X,Y,Z axes), so it can also be solved with moving the character back to it's initial position.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I don't know about the dots, but the hair problem is an iray bug that happens when the character is too far away from the 0,0,0 point (X,Y,Z axes), so it can also be solved with moving the character back to it's initial position.
So basically the character can't move around the house freely lol unless I up the hair scale a little bit.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I hope the hair cap was the issue for the forehead thing.
To me I thought it was a subsampling issue with the texture (sometimes an issue if a character is farther away or the smoothing of the mesh is not something with the texture).
the white things are called fireflies. random rays of light that hit a light source. You can have a limit on this (in blender it is an option but I don't know how you do it in daz). What you could do is use a more complex light set up but that runs the risk of longer renders.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I hope the hair cap was the issue for the forehead thing.
To me I thought it was a subsampling issue with the texture (sometimes an issue if a character is farther away or the smoothing of the mesh is not something with the texture).
the white things are called fireflies. random rays of light that hit a light source. You can have a limit on this (in blender it is an option but I don't know how you do it in daz). What you could do is use a more complex light set up but that runs the risk of longer renders.
Thanks fella!
Just a question about the fireflies, why don't they appear when the picture is uploaded here?

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I see them just fine. So it may be how your browser/computer handles it different from my own. they may be compressed and compression can reduce a bit of noise. save as a .jpg to see if that does the trick (to remove them). It may be smart to use gimp to do this (starting from .png) because gimps has one of the best .jpg convertes out there (try to play around with the compression settings) and then turn it back to .png to see if it still looks good (no jpg artifacting).

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I see them just fine. So it may be how your browser/computer handles it different from my own. they may be compressed and compression can reduce a bit of noise. save as a .jpg to see if that does the trick (to remove them). It may be smart to use gimp to do this (starting from .png) because gimps has one of the best .jpg convertes out there (try to play around with the compression settings) and then turn it back to .png to see if it still looks good (no jpg artifacting).
Thanks a lot, I will try that :)!

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Iray cannot reproduce the same image twice. Every render is different, because Iray uses random (fake) ray technology.
Any ray tracer engine out there will reliably give you the same result again and again. Iray is not a ray tracer.

If you need reliability, especially in animation, use a different renderer.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Iray cannot reproduce the same image twice
Without wanting to get into controversy, and without knowing in depth how this technology works completely... maybe it works as you say but, if you keep the same objects in the scene, with the same light and rendering parameters (basically if you load again and again the same scene), the render generated will be the same... I think we've all had to repeat some render to correct some detail or use the spot render utility, and then retouch the image and join several parts with some photo editor... and the generated image is the same and there's no problem in joining different parts of the different renders (of the same scene)... the light/color coincides :D

Maybe you're not exactly referring to this, in this case, I'm sorry :p

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hello folks,

While rendering the scene above a multiple time, the first time it went well but the second and third time I had this weird render... It was done with Iray render.

Same pose and the same scene just changed optimisation from speed to memory...

Also in my laptop when I open the pictures with paint or the basic windows picture opener I have some weird white dots that don't appear when I upload the picture here

Does anyone know how to fix this problem, please?

Thanks.
Heh, strange enough, even for me happens that "fireflies problem" once in a while. And it's not even the problem of the lightning setup itself since most of the time, is lit enough. I think that the problem lies within the model itself somehow, because for example I used other models but when I go and try to use an old one (I have this problem just with one, for now), fireflies keeps popping out of nowhere while rendering. Though the strange thing is that the first time I used, didn't gave me that problem :/

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Iray cannot reproduce the same image twice. Every render is different, because Iray uses random (fake) ray technology.
Any ray tracer engine out there will reliably give you the same result again and again. Iray is not a ray tracer.

If you need reliability, especially in animation, use a different renderer.
Here we are again... No offence, but this is wrong...
If you don't change anything in the scene you can render as many times as you want and the image will always be the same. The pixels are determined by a algorhytm/AI where a ray hits a surface and if the surface is the same, so why would the pixels change?
You can test it yourself. Render 2, 3, or 4 or whatever times the same image and abort it at the same number of iterations. You won't find any difference.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Without wanting to get into controversy, and without knowing in depth how this technology works completely... maybe it works as you say but, if you keep the same objects in the scene, with the same light and rendering parameters (basically if you load again and again the same scene), the render generated will be the same... I think we've all had to repeat some render to correct some detail or use the spot render utility, and then retouch the image and join several parts with some photo editor... and the generated image is the same and there's no problem in joining different parts of the different renders (of the same scene)... the light/color coincides :D

Maybe you're not exactly referring to this, in this case, I'm sorry :p
Don't be sorry, asking questions is how to learn.
Iray works fine for making static pictures, comic book, fantasy arts, etc. But because of the way that path tracers work, the secondary rays are random, rather than being calculated. Ray tracing calculates primary and secondary rays, and also splits secondary rays precisely.
Iray is not recommended for animation, because even at HD 1080 the animations look sparkly. While 4k ray tracer animations are crisp and clean.

Today's hardware is optimized for ray tracing, this is what most game engines do.
If you need more info, you can search: ray tracer vs path tracer or read the documentation on each.

Iray_Vs_Vray2.png

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Don't be sorry, asking questions is how to learn.
Iray works fine for making static pictures, comic book, fantasy arts, etc. But because of the way that path tracers work, the secondary rays are random, rather than being calculated. Ray tracing calculates primary and secondary rays, and also splits secondary rays precisely.
Iray is not recommended for animation, because even at HD 1080 the animations look sparkly. While 4k ray tracer animations are crisp and clean.

Today's hardware is optimized for ray tracing, this is what most game engines do.
If you need more info, you can search: ray tracer vs path tracer or read the documentation on each.

View attachment 274132
Emmmm.... ok, but the sentence "Iray cannot reproduce the same image twice" isn't true :p:LOL: