Daz Daz3d Black/Dark Renders (lighting or camera issue?)

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019
I've been getting this on quite a few of my scenes lately, and nothing I do seems to consistently help:

First scene. Outdoors. Spotlight set to point geometry with some pretty standard light settings, i guess (7500ish lumens) 3 cameras all with DoF enabled and each with a similar light in fairly close proximity, but not directly on top of. Dome lighting enabled, distant light enabled.
Fairies frog 2_Camera (2).png

Second scene Indoors, single spot (small rectangle--under 100^2), single cam DoF on, but same issue when it was off.
Lake House F - Front_Camera Front.png

I've had the same issue in several scenes, including one with Linear Point lights and camera both set to DoF on as well as off.

If it isn't some weird shit that I'm doing, I feel like this would have been asked, so what am I doing wrong?

ETA: I use manfriday's render queue for all of them, perhaps the only commonality among all scenes

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Could be wrong, but the only time I got that bug it's when VRAM was almost full.
While rendering, take a look at , and see how close you are from your VRAM limit :unsure:.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZerenDevi

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019
Could be wrong, but the only time I got that bug it's when VRAM was almost full.
While rendering, take a look at , and see how close you are from your VRAM limit :unsure:.
I'm running an RTX 2080 super, but i'm no tech expert. I'll look into it for sure. Thanks!

Try rendering without the man Friday thing
I tried that last night, and it worked. Sucks that it's the queue's bug because I like to let it run when I'm gone. I found the product thread on Daz Forums, and saw two other people with the same issue, but no responses to either of them with the first post being a year old or so.

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019

Well, on this scene that has never given me issues, it's bouncing between 80% and 95%. Gonna mess around with simplifying one of the broken scenes to see what's what.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I'm running an RTX 2080 super, but i'm no tech expert. I'll look into it for sure. Thanks!

I tried that last night, and it worked. Sucks that it's the queue's bug because I like to let it run when I'm gone. I found the product thread on Daz Forums, and saw two other people with the same issue, but no responses to either of them with the first post being a year old or so.
Use this one
https://f95zone.to/threads/batch-renderer-for-daz-studio.8190/

Reactions: ZerenDevi

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Nice, thanks! Been reading a little wider on the Daz forums, and it seems like it may be something specific about how MF's queue loads hidden objects into the scene, but I'm not certain that's the thing. If it is, you and no_name both had a piece of the puzzle.

I appreciate both of your help.
I have been using that one for ages, never had an issue with it

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
I have the same issue as well what I do is save scene and close daz and wait until it clears from task manager and run daz again and load that scene and render

ZerenDevi

May 29, 2019
Using the other render queue looks to have fixed it. I checked logs and I *was* running out of memory using manfriday's queue, though I only counted ~6G loaded into an 8G card, but again, I'm definitely not a tech expert (henceforth, "techspert").

It also seems to have solved my weird XY Gens Shell problem I asked about last week, but I'll know for sure tomorrow. I'd do it now, but I got wrapped up in HustleTown thanks to micky's sig

Reactions: mickydoo