Daz3d critical crush, help

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
Well...
Hello here.

First of all, Daz3d start show me SQL connection error on launch. Then, when I googled options for fix, I try to reinstall program with Daz Download Manager and it stop working at all.

And when I tried to delete all stuff and reinstall it keep saying "install failed" when I try to download and install Daz Studio.

So, I don't even know what to do and google don't give any answers to me.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
When you first installed and open up daz, did it have you sign in or anything? did at any point when the program first started up did you see a firewall warning? If you clicked no when you first booted it, then you may have to clear daz out of the firewall's blacklist and allow it to try going through the firewall again. If it has been black listed then that could explain why daz will no longer do anything after you first tried to use daz. That is the best way I can describe it, but other than that, I don't know enough about daz to know what the issue is if it daz that is the problem.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Perhaps this helps:

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
When you first installed and open up daz, did it have you sign in or anything? did at any point when the program first started up did you see a firewall warning? If you clicked no when you first booted it, then you may have to clear daz out of the firewall's blacklist and allow it to try going through the firewall again. If it has been black listed then that could explain why daz will no longer do anything after you first tried to use daz. That is the best way I can describe it, but other than that, I don't know enough about daz to know what the issue is if it daz that is the problem.
Will check, ty

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Anyway, now i just can't install Daz3D back:

If you tick the "show details" box you may be informed of the reason for the error.
I also think you have to tell DIM the path to install it (in preferences I guess).

Another alternative is to install PostgreSQL CMS manually instead of using DIM.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
To view the log:
Ty. Here it is:

Code:
Starting CMS...
WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Register Open error: Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server. 
Make sure the server address and port number are correct.
Error connecting to CMS. Cannot be started by client.
Current Account: Account
Product 42071-3:Genesis 8 Starter Essentials Mimic has no tags
Product 16281-2:Victoria 6 PoserCF has no tags
Processed 38 products with 93 unique product downloads
Installing product : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit)
WARNING: Killed Process 
WARNING: QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
Product installation failed : DAZ Studio 4.11 (Win 64-bit)
Install Queue finished in 1 min 0.9 sec.
Saving Account Settings: Account

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
That is troublesome.
How about going to controlpannel, programs, and uninstalling daz through that. Doing that should let it clear its registry, which should be the same thing as giving you a clean slate.
Do you have any second computer you could troubleshoot with and a spare hard drive? when worst comes to worst, I'll migrate everything off one hard drive, and use it as a blank slate, using my laptops hard drive to boot from on my main computer to try to bypass issues with an over cluttered OS. Not sure if you have the same access to resources though.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
That is troublesome.
How about going to controlpannel, programs, and uninstalling daz through that. Doing that should let it clear its registry, which should be the same thing as giving you a clean slate.
Do you have any second computer you could troubleshoot with and a spare hard drive? when worst comes to worst, I'll migrate everything off one hard drive, and use it as a blank slate, using my laptops hard drive to boot from on my main computer to try to bypass issues with an over cluttered OS. Not sure if you have the same access to resources though.
Will try.

No, I have not other computers or free hard drives.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Run to remove any registry leftovers, some things can be pricks to completly erase.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
How long have you had the computer, and how much have you used it.
is it your only computer and you use it for everything and have used it over a year or 2?
I ask because I know that sometimes things will just not work, the os is just bugged, so I almost run into a critical issue once a year that requires me to backup my files reinstall my operating system and reload all my programs. It doesn't help non technical users but for me it makes sure my computer is at its best. The issue is that you may need a second computer to do this, or have a disk drive, and even then it is scary to do for the first time and does't actually solve the issue.

Nightingale-r

Feb 6, 2019
How long have you had the computer, and how much have you used it.
is it your only computer and you use it for everything and have used it over a year or 2?
I ask because I know that sometimes things will just not work, the os is just bugged, so I almost run into a critical issue once a year that requires me to backup my files reinstall my operating system and reload all my programs. It doesn't help non technical users but for me it makes sure my computer is at its best. The issue is that you may need a second computer to do this, or have a disk drive, and even then it is scary to do for the first time and does't actually solve the issue.
You know, you can just say, "man, f**k off, i don't know wtf is it".
And it will be much more helpful.

Yes, i am angry for now, cos users with same problem cant figure it out even on officional Daz3D forums.