Daz3D - how to manually install newly purchased content

Creator13

Starting developer
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2023
Hello, do you know how to install and what to install from Daz3d if you bought new staff? I have done a manual "installation"before, but usually there are already folders which you have in your library.
Now I am looking in download page on my Daz account and I am not even sure what to download and how to install it.
I have seen many comments / videos telling that "Daz install manager" is usually not working so manual installation is best.
But...the content page looks like this: pic. And I am not sure what to do...
Thank you

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello, do you know how to install and what to install from Daz3d if you bought new staff? I have done a manual "installation"before, but usually there are already folders which you have in your library.
Now I am looking in download page on my Daz account and I am not even sure what to download and how to install it.
I have seen many comments / videos telling that "Daz install manager" is usually not working so manual installation is best.
But...the content page looks like this: pic. And I am not sure what to do...
Thank you
Well, this is fairly easy.

The way i do it is this.

You create a folder where you like.
Let say drive P. This will be your offline content aka purchased from other sides than DAZ.

Now, when you start DAZ you add the folder in your settings under DAZ Folders.

Then you should have access through DAZ to your content.

Finally, you just copy extracted archives into that folder. Just make sure that you copy the root folder structure (data / runtime / etc...)
You can make many more if you want to perhaps test first addons. This is really up to you.

If you want to change the online content, you need to do it through DIM in the advanced settings.

I usually have DAZ downloaded content on a separate drive.
It won't need to be in the documents folder. All you have to do is to make sure the folder structure is intact so DAZ can read it.
Beware of switching off or changing folders. Your scene may not work because it will be looking there where you originally were loading it from.

Creator13

Starting developer
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2023
Hello. thank you for answer. I am guessing that I don´t need to download all files, right? Some of them are not even for Daz3D. I think. Right? :)

NoiceXu

Feb 11, 2020
How to uninstall them automatically (if I install by copy pasting)? I have to do it manually? My DAZ library getting to bloated ...