DAZ3D Thick Thighs Glutes issue

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019
Hi,
I am newbie here. I have been using DAZ for a while, but by no means am an expert in it.

I was hoping to find an easy solution to this issue i have and looking at all the awesome DAZ3D renders i come across in internet and here. I use G3F/G8F a lot.

I use a lot of morphs in my models and everytime i try to make the model thicker or curvier i see the following issue emerge.

iu_198441_7143155.jpg iu_198442_7143155.jpg

As you can see, there is this weird thigh glute issue which i cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix. I have pretty much reached my patience with this annoying issue.

I do use other morphs like guhzcoituz, but i don't find his morphs thick enough, so when i go beyond the thigh slider limits, the above issue emerges.

I have asked this issue in other forums and other places and mostly the responses were either 'I don't know how to fix.' or 'fix it in Zbrush/Blender'. I am not an expert in Zbrush/Blender, but i can try doing basic stuff. But then i come across renders and 3d models posted by IceDev, StevenCarson and Rigid3D etc, i am dumbfounded. I do know there is a solution for this, but i don't know how to go on about fixing it.

I want to know if there is an easy solution to fix this issue in DAZ permanently no matter what version of genesis i use.

If i try to fix this is Zbrush/Blender, what would be the proper way to fix it? Since this issue only occurs when i make the model thicker, should i export it to Zbrush/Blender in the thick state and then try to fix it there or should i take the base G3F/G8F zero figure model and then create a universal slider of some sort for that area and then fix it? If yes, how do i do that? Can someone please be kind and patient enough to guide me through the process.

So i call out to all the DAZ experts here, please have mercy on me a DAZ noob and please share your wisdom and knowledge on how to go on about fixing this issue?

Thank you all for your time and patience.

Eagerly waiting for a solution.

Balkazzaar.

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
the morph to fix this is called "Cellulite"
its from buttocks work G8F

but as i use smoothing modifier for my models i barely need it
Cellulite.jpg

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019

View attachment 936492
Hi rev2020,
My sincere thanks for your quick response.

I will try that out as you suggested and see whether that fixes the issue.

One question though. Isn't smoothing modifier used on clothes to minimize clipping? How do you use smoothing on models? I would be grateful if you could fill me in on the process. I would like to have multiple alternate solutions to try as well.

Last edited:

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
just press Edit/Figure/Geometry
add smoothing modifier

default is 2 smoothing iterations.
you can increase is it but the body will change and the face will roll back to default G8F.
to avoid this you need to show hidden settings and change lock distance and some other stuff.

Reactions: Balkazzaar

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019

View attachment 936492
just press Edit/Figure/Geometry
add smoothing modifier

default is 2 smoothing iterations.
you can increase is it but the body will change and the face will roll back to default G8F.
to avoid this you need to show hidden settings and change lock distance and some other stuff.
hey rev2020,
sorry for the late response.

I tried as you suggested with the cellulite setting it to 150% and then apply the smoothing modifier with 2 iterations. But with that, the body lost all definitions. So i set the hidden properties Weight and Secondary weight to zero which then bought back another weird issue as shown in the below pics.
Screenshot 2020-12-10 202610.jpg
Screenshot 2020-12-10 202640.jpg
Seriously apologize to both you again with this, but what should i do next?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Looks like some morph might not work properly or is interfering with another morph.

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019
Looks like some morph might not work properly or is interfering with another morph.
I think my 2 cents in the matter is that this issue has been there even since I started out in daz3d. If it is a morph interfering it would be so difficult to find out which one it would be as I have installed many but use a few.
It's really been bugging me for all these years and frustrating to see that DAZ has not addressed this problem. I have spoken to other people in other forums and only heaven knows why they have not encountered this issue.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I think my 2 cents in the matter is that this issue has been there even since I started out in daz3d. If it is a morph interfering it would be so difficult to find out which one it would be as I have installed many but use a few.
It's really been bugging me for all these years and frustrating to see that DAZ has not addressed this problem. I have spoken to other people in other forums and only heaven knows why they have not encountered this issue.
you could take your morphs folder, split it in half and put one half in another spot and see if the problem is still there, if it is, put the morphs back in place and take the other half away and try again.
This way you can find out if it really is a specific morph problem and if so you know which half of the folder and can go on from there.

Balkazzaar

Nov 12, 2019
you could take your morphs folder, split it in half and put one half in another spot and see if the problem is still there, if it is, put the morphs back in place and take the other half away and try again.
This way you can find out if it really is a specific morph problem and if so you know which half of the folder and can go on from there.
how would i even know which all folders to split? sometimes morphs are in the G3/G8 folder, some of them are in the data folder. It would be a herculean task.

I am shocked that no else has faced this issue before.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
how would i even know which all folders to split? sometimes morphs are in the G3/G8 folder, some of them are in the data folder. It would be a herculean task.

I am shocked that no else has faced this issue before.
I'd suspect you know what character you're using, if it's a g3 or g8.
All morphs are usually in the data folder.