dear people there is a option thats called exclude tags use it

lowtierntrgod

Nov 4, 2018
i dont normally complain but this is getting a tad bit ridiculous not liking ntr rape incest etc is fine
complaining about rape in games whos entire selling point is rape complaining about incest in games who's selling points is incest
complaining about ntr in games specifically marketed towards ntr is stupid and after the 100th game gets rather ridiculous
so how about instead of clicking and hating on things you already knew you weren't going to like go to last updates
and type the tags you dont like in the exclude box im tired of seeing people complaining about tags who's main focus is said tags

Reactions: Charl9 and Vanderer

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
i dont normally complain but this is getting a tad bit ridiculous not liking ntr rape incest etc is fine
complaining about rape in games whos entire selling point is rape complaining about incest in games who's selling points is incest
complaining about ntr in games specifically marketed towards ntr is stupid and after the 100th game gets rather ridiculous
so how about instead of clicking and hating on things you already knew you weren't going to like go to last updates
and type the tags you dont like in the exclude box im tired of seeing people complaining about tags who's main focus is said tags
Sure and I do use the exclude tag option, the problem is when game threads are missing tags (And never fix them) Like take the hero academia where you plays as the uraka or whatever girl. Let's say I hate ntr, cheating and such, this game thread has NONE of those tags yet they do have that content.

Let's say I loventr, cheating etc tags, I search for them and thisgame WON'T come up cause it's not tag correctly.

Jul 13, 2020
complaining about ntr in games specifically marketed towards ntr is stupid
I don't think it's one sided thing:

1. Some players always ask for if it is possible to add/remove his favourite/hated tag to the dev's game.

2. Some devs trying to please everyone ( 'cause more tag = more playerbase ) by adding huge amount of different tags, ended up all players complaining about their game. Even some of them creating Harem x NTR game, which is like making a video game that is Action Arcade x Hardcore Puzzle.

3. Some games not tagged correctly, yep.

4. The definition of the specific tag can change sometimes for the specific people. Someone can claim if love interest touching with another man = ntr while others think love interest twerking to another man is not ntr.

Jul 13, 2021
Amuse me how people would fight for literally anything.
Pretty clear to me that something as personal as kinks are going to be different from person to person, but the reason why not liking something you like, or the opposite, liking something you don't hurts people so much.

My opinion? People should be more open minded. I for an instance don't really like Futanari, but man, i've had played Futakin Valley lately and damn, that game is something else.
But being open minded alse means to hear and accept what people dislike, even if it is something you do like.

Jul 13, 2020
but the reason why not liking something you like, or the opposite, liking something you don't hurts people so much.
If the specific tag the player complaining is some kind of red flag for himself, then it's not about what others like/dislike but the player himself can't play the game with the current tag.

My opinion? People should be more open minded.
More like if you have wishes about the game, just support the dev and see if it's possible or not to change something in the game. Some devs even create characters/events via the patrons wants.

Reactions: lowtierntrgod
Jul 13, 2021
If the specific tag the player complaining is some kind of red flag for himself, then it's not about what others like/dislike but the player himself can't play the game with the current tag.
Well, i understand that if its a red flag the people can get bothered by its content. Still, doens't justify or explain why some still insist on debating about. Its the internet after all, nobody gonna changes the mind of anyone. It is polite, and less exhausting to just avoid content you don't like, specially if its a place dedicated to that kind of content, such as a game thread.

More like if you have wishes about the game, just support the dev and see if it's possible or not to change something in the game. Some devs even create characters/events via the patrons wants.
Always worth a try

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Well, i understand that if its a red flag the people can get bothered by its content. Still, doens't justify or explain why some still insist on debating about. Its the internet after all, nobody gonna changes the mind of anyone. It is polite, and less exhausting to just avoid content you don't like, specially if its a place dedicated to that kind of content, such as a game thread.
Counterpoint, a lot of games have optional kinks, so just using the ignore tag function is sometimes is detrimental. This is why you always see questions like "is NTR avoidable."

Jul 13, 2021
Counterpoint, a lot of games have optional kinks, so just using the ignore tag function is sometimes is detrimental. This is why you always see questions like "is NTR avoidable."
Okay, valid counterpoint there. You got me.

But even being so often people talking about NTR i wonder why people avoid it so badly. I mean, i don't quite like it and usually prefer to stay away, but it's not like its a boner killer for me. Of course it invokes some bad feelings, like being betrayed and lied off, but that kind of avoidance i would expect from the kind of thing more graphic, those kind that you would say something like "OH GOD, how im gonna unsee it".

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017

But even being so often people talking about NTR i wonder why people avoid it so badly. I mean, i don't quite like it and usually prefer to stay away, but it's not like its a boner killer for me. Of course it invokes some bad feelings, like being betrayed and lied off, but that kind of avoidance i would expect from the kind of thing more graphic, those kind that you would say something like "OH GOD, how im gonna unsee it".
You've never been cheated on, didn't you? Like you said, it's not a bonner killer for you. Mileage may vary when it come to kink that you like, but also that you hate.

Now, I agree completely with your OP. If the game is clearly labelled with a kink, it's really dumb to throw a tantrum about it. But some people seems to think they are on a crusade against NTR for whatever reason...

Reactions: Charl9

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But some people seems to think they are on a crusade against NTR for whatever reason...
They don't just seems, they clearly are, and it don't limits to NTR.

There's no other reason that can make a total random, that near to no one know, write something like "this game have [whatever main content they don't like], well, it will be without me". Like if there where someone who would care about that.

The opposite I can understand. Posts like, "there's [whatever], count me in", tell the dev that he have at least one player, and I guess it's pleasant to know. But that someone will not play, well I'm sure that he already figured this by himself.

Jul 13, 2020
But even being so often people talking about NTR i wonder why people avoid it so badly.
My opinion? People should be more open minded.
Be more "open minded" and understand some people don't want to see specific fetishes while jerking off.

For adult games, the core experience depends on the main fetish(s). I can play a game even it has a mediocre art - gameplay - story - etc... if it's suits my fetishes. But I am not even considering play a game that has fetishes I don't want to see no matter how good the technical details.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017

If I gave my actual opinion on NTR and those that enjoy it, I'd be violating forum rules as well as the Geneva convention.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
One of my favorites is "Yes*"
With that * being "but you only get 1/5th of the content".
There's also those games that add one scene because someone gave them a ton of money. Bonus points if the dev promised they wouldn't have NTR in their game. Not naming anyone specific, but devs who do that are scumbags.

Reactions: Charl9
Jul 13, 2021
You've never been cheated on, didn't you?
Well, guilty. I actually haven't thought about this point of view and that actually clarifies a lot.

Be more "open minded" and understand some people don't want to see specific fetishes while jerking off.
Ouch, i felt somehow NTR'd by my own words here.
Jokes aside i got your point, makes sense in a way. Thanks for sharing it.

If I gave my actual opinion on NTR and those that enjoy it, I'd be violating forum rules as well as the Geneva convention.
images.jpg

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
the problem is when game threads are missing tags (And never fix them)
Use the report button in OP for missing tags. They don't get fixed if they aren't informed. If people are complaining about it in the thread, unless the uploader or a mod or staff member are active, they won't see the messages in the thread. I've never waited longer than a week for a tag response.
There are a lot of games, period. 16,000. Even by ignoring a tag, there are still thousands of games to choose from. People don't need to play every single game. Even if they tried by playing a completely different game each day, without repeating, it would take over 40 years to play them all. So, yeah, I don't see it as detrimental - I see it as people who want everything to be catered to their specific desires.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It's not a question of opened mind, it's a question of maturity ; or more precisely, lack of maturity.

There's a big difference between not wanting to see something, and saying out loud that you don't want to see it. And those persons clearly don't know that it's perfectly possible to not play a game and also not tell the world that they'll not play it.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That's a really big stretch there, my guy. Someone asks if NTR is avoidable, because it is in a lot of cases. If the answer is no, they move on. You don't have to assume the worst in people, you know.
I'm not assuming the worst - My post is based upon the anecdotal evidence of the behavior of people in game threads when attempting to play a game that has content they wish not to see. What I am saying is - just ignore the tags of content not wanting to be seen - avoidable or not - there are THOUSANDS of options of games still to choose from.

Also, more likely - than not - that question has already been asked by someone else previously (unless it's a relatively new game), just search the thread for the word avoidable.

Save time, save headaches, save looking like an ass by asking in a thread "is <whatever> avoidable" and just move on to a different option.

In the end - to paraphrase Frankenfurter scolding of Janet in reply to her critique of Rocky, "I don't like men with too many muscles" - not every game is made for you (in general - not you specifically).