HTML - Debasing Grounds [v0.4.2] [Rax Lorax]

1. 3.00 star(s)

jferdi

The reputation and character upkeep mechanics are fresh and creative. The system shows potential and room for growth. However, it's still a buggy mess(v0.14): Several buttons end in a deadlock, or print no text at all.

The scenes are sufficiently dastardly for its dark genre, although I find it odd that my character tends to get aroused even when I choose the defiant options.

Right now, the limited content makes me feel railroaded to the few options I can find.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

whotheff

I was never a fan of pure text games. However, this one sparked interest as I seem to like it. Text games are usuallyhard for me to follow due to the slow pace (reading) and the vast amount of infinite possibilities imagination can offer. However, I got stuck when the bar closed. There is a button saying "keep buttons" and that's it. You cannot go anywhere else.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Boodstain

WARNING: This is a review of the early version of the game (version 0.12) I'm judging it based off of the period I'm reviewing it.

This game is a great concept build but as wide as an ocean, shallow as a puddle, and like an ocean it's very easy to get lost in. My biggest gripe is with the structure of the game, you're pretty much thrown in without explanation of where you are, what you're supposed to do, or even where to go, which makes getting into this game a nightmare. You may make a really good OC/MC only to get frustrated with how hands off the dev made any direction or even instructions to the world and what you can/can't do at an early start. I recommend the dev make a tutorial level to where you go to the town, to teach players how to play, what stats mean, and where to go afterwards.

Sex scenes are fine, nothing too exciting rn and prostitution for instance is barebones not to mention how hard it is to get into any good situations due to that lack of direction/explanation I explained earlier.

Pros:

- Character customization is good
    - Generally the world makes sense and lore is fine

Cons:
    - No real (or good) journal with directions, game is easy to get lost in
    - No direction for a main story, not really a con but lacking some structure to an otherwise good potential
    - While character customization is great, all sex scenes are text based and really underwhelming so far. Not bad for an early build but nonetheless not exciting enough rn.

This game has good potential, but rn is lacking and obviously needs more updates, content, and improvements. I look forward to seeing it grow, though I may wait an update or two to play it again to let it get the improvements it needs.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

BobCarter

What Smirk said in their review is very true of this game. Playing on v0.10b, lots of bugs that lock. The few interesting jobs you can work seems to be bugged such as a the maid one. Money has no real use since their isn't like a hotel you pay to stay at. Over all it's more interesting then a lot of these HTML games here, but it's a concept build that he charges money for.

Update: Still same issues as of 0.18
  5. 3.00 star(s)

smirk

As of version 0.10b, it's pretty bare bones but it does show where the creator is headed with the game and I am excited to try it again later when the bugs are ironed out and there is a bit more content. What is there is mostly well written and I love the oppressive tone that the writing sets (reminiscent of one of my favorite games, Degrees of Lewdity). A lot of work seems to have gone into the UI, and it works quite well for the most part. The only thing I really found lacking with the UI is keyboard shortcuts for those of us who like to use keyboard instead of mouse for navigation.

Aside from being light on content, what drags the game down for me is the copious amounts of game-breaking bugs (i.e. bugs that force you to reload a save) - exacerbated by the lack of a "back" button. The UI breaks after visiting some locations like the clothing store and there are random infinite rape-loops when transitioning to another zone, so you need to save constantly.