Unity - Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms [v0.7.1] [DuoDevelopers]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Illuminati00

I have finally finished what the game has to offer up until now and feel like I should review it as it is quite long.

I found this game to be quite perfect for what I am usually looking for in games, namely corruption, ruling, power and mind control. This game has all of these things to a certain degree.

One of the, if not the most important aspect of these kinds of games is choices, and the game certainly delivered. There are usually at least two choices when it comes to dealing with people, and sometimes even two choices when it comes to corruption. Some of the different routes you can take with the characters are done quite well, but others makes to no sense, mainly Faustina. You get three choices that decide your relationship with her: be submissive, be equals or be dominant. I picked dominant, but apart from the very first scene where the mc slaps her, there were no dominance imposed, rather the opposite. I even got one sex scene where she stated something along the lines of ''your obedience will be rewarded'', though when I got her as a retainer you were dominant, pulling her hair to get her attention while she didn't dare to do anything about it with no context to why she didn't respond aggressively. One that was done great was Vivica. The choice between purifying her or empowering her was written really well, though her character is not above scrutiny. I chose to empower her which ended up with her being a bit more ''servile'' to the mc, as well as her claiming that she owed him for life, accepting him as ruler. Even though this was stated, she has not hesitated using spells on the mc to make him fall asleep just for her to leave to do her own thing, all with no consequence for her, nor even an irritated mc. This brings me to my other complain, your rule:

The MC quite quickly becomes the uncontested ruler of the city. Even though this occurs, many people seems to not care about this, treating him like a normal person while fully knowing that he could order them executed if he felt like it. It felt off being disrespected and not even being able to threaten them, you don't feel like a ruler. This is where Vivica comes it, as stated before, the text states that she has become a bit more servile, and she owes you for life, yet she has not qualms putting you to sleep against you consent nor with leaving without even telling you. Her character is in a weird position of ''I love you brother, I will do whatever I can to help you heighten our family to greatness.'' and ''I am powerful, I do whatever I want, try to stop me.''. For her to have a rebellious and immature attitude is in-character, but her using magic to put you to sleep after all you did to help her feels weird. It is in these situations your tags should come in to play. Having a dominant mc tagged should make him seriously talk to Vivica, whilst a submissive one could just let her do whatever like the game already does. It ruins the immersion to never call her out on it.

The games has an interesting cast of characters, all with their own personalities and quirks. Here neither the writing or the art fails. Most characters have a quite interesting introduction story, and some of them have fun continuation stories. If you are looking for fun characters with choices between how to deal with them, this game is a good pick.

The game seems to have some sort of managing system, but I never found it useful in any way. City corruption never changed, city laws did not do anything, slaves are unhappy even though they are being treated like kings. Another thing that refused to work was the tag system. I experimented with it, yet futanari came up when had it unchecked, Submissive scenes came up when I had it unchecked, no real cruel scene came up when I had it checked. There is a tag for public use (followers), yet they always gives you a choice when you progress romantically with every follower. I have yet to find a single tag that does anything.

The language could be a lot better as the game suffers from extreme amounts of both incorrect and inconstant grammar, changing between he and she quite a lot.

Customization is one of the biggest features in the game. One can customize the mc, the characters you find as well as the city itself. I do wish one could change the mc a bit more, especially the hair, something I have yet to find a place to fix. Even with some of the characters more choices would be good. If you aim to corrupt order worshiping Itzel, you will make her a dominatrix who seemingly not only takes power over the worshipers, but over you too, despite previous texts quite literally claiming that you can put her into a deep trance with just a fingerclick, someone to be used as a tool, yet this is absolutely not what happens.

The story is very good with a lot of content. I found myself stuck playing this game for a few days now as I wanted to see how it would go. Sometimes the plot made less sense, but that is unavoidable. There is a good amount of choices to be made whilst not making the player click too many times.

I really do think music should be included to set the scene. I found it annoying having to find fitting music every time.

All in all I give the game three stars. I wholeheartedly believe that it has the potential to reach five, but due to the aforementioned issues as well as several buttons not working and several choices appearing when they shouldn't, I cannot give it more.

TLDR:
    Pro's: Interesting characters, amazing concept, good choices.
    Con's: Bugs, spelling, immersion, too few choices.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Volxie

I've played this game probably about 5 or 6 times, I kept seeing it on places that I normally browsed for adult games, and each time I played it, I enjoyed the ideas the game had but felt like it had no direction, mechanics were just being added for the sake of having more mechanics, older mechanics are left unused anymore and are practically forgotten about if they even work at all, among other issues.

The writing is nice, and the artwork for the game is pretty gorgeous I will admit. Combat feels heavily RNG reliant and unresponsive, and the sheer number of parts that have visible errors as well as spelling errors don't really help with that either.

Supposedly, this is a management game, but there doesn't really feel like there's any management to be had. However, the UI isn't very good and just like many other parts of the game feels unbaked, underdeveloped and forgotten.

A lot of things aren't even explained and it feels like you're just expected to know things. What does corruption do? Why is your slave upset with you despite the fact you have them eating well and living in their own quarters? Why is your city building corruption? How do you lose corruption? And so much more.

This is more of a personal thing but I feel quite disconnected from the world, even though I'm supposedly the inheritor of a city, I mostly feel like I'm just an observer that occasionally tells people what to do, and sometimes fucks or gets fucked by them. As nice as the writing is, it never made me feel involved or like I was really there, and combined with poor UI elements and bad tutorials (if you even got any) it just... Felt wrong.

This game is sadly, feature-creep the game that has cool ideas but just feels like a jumbled collection of code that started off solid but has turned into a messy chimera, and not messy in the fun or sexy way.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

florvas

This game is truly disappointing - not because it's bad, but because it doesn't hit close to its potential. There's a great framework there, but rather than build on what exists, the dev decides to constantly add un-tested new content that feels artificially attached to the actual game. There's still tons of placeholder text, errors, references to "HE/SHE" or [MC], the new town is full of buttons that don't work, dead ends that lock the game up and force you to reload...this guy would seriously make bank if he'd just go back to the development style he had originally with characters and story.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Korou

There are too many spelling mistakes for me to get into it. It doesn't seem awful, just a little haphazardly put together.

That alongside the bugs, makes this a game I want to enjoy but just can't in its current state.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Idiot

Version: v0.4.5

The reason i have started to play this game was because it has promised me a kingdom management and a man that loves a good resource managment game, i i had to gives this a chance. Those bastards lied to me though, there are numbers, slides and causes and effects to your decisions, but all of that holds no meaning, because as far as im aware, your actions dont hold much weight or meaning. In all honesty this game feels like a kingdom management game at the start and as the game was further developed it shifted to a story based game, whist forgetting the whole management part entirely.

The story and characters are average, i enjoyed some characters tales, but i skipped most. The sexual parts are good, but most are criminally short sadly.

I wanted to really liked this, it has great potential, but i just cannot give this game more than 3 stars.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

I've tried two or three times to get into this game and failed each time. It's rather depressing honestly. This is just the type of game that I tend to like and the writing appears to be good. There's tons of game mechanics and they all seem really engaging... if I could figure out how any of them work.

The game badly needs a tutorial. All the stats in the world mean nothing if you don't know what they do. A time cycle that makes sense would be nice too, as it seems like a trip to the inn would blow four or five days? Then again, does time even matter? It didn't seem like the passage of time even did anything so... I also just started the game and I have a tiger girl retainer who was never introduced?

While these problems all seem minor and unrelated, they aren't alone and they're just EVERYWHERE. It felt like I couldn't take an action without something happening that felt like a bug or hitting unfinished content. It feels like this game is a dozen good ideas slammed together by multiple people, which they then proceeded to work on at random while finishing none of them.

The game would be better if there was substantially less to do and each piece was more refined; it's development creep gone mad.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Rave454

So so so many bugs. I can't get through more than a few minutes without encountering another new problem. None of the "Retainer" functions work, and remain locked the whole way through, locking away much of the game's content. Most of the text is geared towards a male protagonist regardless of what gender the MC is supposed to be, and there is a serious lack of interactivity. Most of the game revolves around beginning a quest, reading through text, making one decision (generally whether you have sex or not), and then sending you back to the main area to receive a new quest. I'd really recommend waiting on this to develop a lot further before trying it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 41830

One of my all-time favorite text-based games, About the only thing that is slightly annoying, is that if you mess up corrupting someone (for example, you did not get the trans transformation for them) you can't go back and transform them again, You have to start a new game, But I have been recommending this to all of my friends and Keep catching myself loading it up to play more.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Pettankon

Con: Lots of typos and unfinished mechanics, lack of player being NTR'd (personal taste).
    Neu: The writing is mediocre and the story doesn't seem particularly strong, but it is just a lewd game.
    Pro: It's still fun and erotic regardless and I eagerly await each update.

Note: I'm definitely going to remake this in Godot engine with typo and bug fixes when I learn it better.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

FFTW

the thing i love the most about this game is how there are true choices not just the illusion of choice in it. the way you deal with characters matters, and results in noticeable changes in them as well as allowing you specific content and quests that differ based on how you dealt with them. the story is engaging and there are tons of characters and quests already. unfortunately, there are also tons of text mistakes (pronouns, wrong grammar, etc) and a few choices are glitched or have the wrong text for the choice, hence why i gave it 4 stars instead of 5. even with that though, the game is very much worth playing as it is very enjoyable :)
  11. 4.00 star(s)

ShamusForSmut

[Edit Nov/28/2019] This review is based on the 0.3.2a version, just clearing that up for posterity's sake.

When walking through the cobbled smutty roads of a corrupted city, I try and be as honest as possible with the decorum.

And with this game there's a lot of beauty but also a lot of dirt on this bedazzling gem. I'll explain what rubs me wrong first, then explain why it justifiably has 4 stars. Bias too, I'm pretty much going for straight content, and I have only played as a female so far to access the majority of scenes.

First, the UI can really use a fix-up. Mainly due to the whole game being you selecting and navigating through both choices, menus, and character-buttons, that give you access to more choices and menus and etc etc. Much like the UI of Fenoxo's works ala Corruption of Champions and the likes. In this however it's presented more as a management game, with the quests almost walking into VN territory with you making usually 2-3 choices--corruption/pure/love. In this though, navigating through the various menus, and selecting your choices or just generally selecting anything in general gives a slight stutter and pairing all of that with the performance, despite just being that small slight stutter, it starts to get in the way when you're consistently trying to grind for stats on characters, or go through a questline.

Mind you, I am playing the game windowed, but I also have a ryzen and 980ti pairing (not to toot my own horn as I just want to convey that this wasn't running on a toaster for anyone curious). And learning the UI too can be a bit tricky, the navigation at first is a bit jarring.

So beyond the UI that I believe can use said touch-ups, the gameplay that swims in that is somewhere in there, I think.

I don't mean to be snarky, but I really didn't get what the game was supposed to be playing as, if that makes any sense. You are essentially the archon of the city, a liege that allies himself with other NPC's and either makes the city pure against corruption land beyond the walls, or well, just the smutty bastard you knew you were going to be playing as. So as the liege, you get taxes, you choose your army, you fix up your goodass castle and...none of that seems to come into play at any point other than being the text that conveys situations in the questlines. You can go out and farm enemies beyond the walls, enslaving them for a workforce at home. Now the workforce at home. Does it matter? I don't know honestly, the castle you manage suffers the same problem from choosing how you rule your land (accessed and managed through the same menu--ala journal). For clarity, when accessing the journal itself, it feels as if all the choices you make for both your household and the city don't really reflect anywhere, and the money from taxes never worked for me despite going through the initial quests (and selecting the option from the journal) so I had to result to the cheat menu to get by in some instances. You can lewd some of your workers through the journal as well, but that too feels a bit shallow in just having sex with a randomly generated name in a totally different menu, there's almost no connection I found from the journal menu impacting the gameplay outside of that (which is everything else the game has to offer).

Now, for the other gameplay. Man, the lewd corruption aspect of the game gives off Corruption of Champion vibes but more so the player being the source or antithesis of it all. You can basically lewd your entire city, or not. And many of the questlines, characters, and choices that reflect all of that are really nice in conveying that corruption. You can be ultra-sloot, in slooting your city, and the people you meet in it all to your tastes, they go from hesitant scared people of the debauchery beyond the walls, to being the people creating yet another Sodom in the lands. If only there were more interactions with the characters, as many choices only go so far, many characters only so developed (The maid and Abaddon being some of them) and many of your choices not really coming to light after you made them when they affect your city. Such as making the Lewd Church, do you get to visit that church? No unfortunately, but you do get to visit the head priestess. Make a lewd university, same situation applies. Lewd up the bakery? Well you finished the questline, not much to sloot up in there after the fact (no repeatable events and all that). However from what I did get, that smut alone is what really makes the game and drove it for me despite the problems, as the events you see from characters, and what lewds you can find are quite fantastic, a nice dynamic too on who participates in scenes depending on their corruption stats as well. Compliments to the author(s).

As a disclaimer, I know it's in alpha/in-development, a lot of the game is still an open thread, there's also some issues of grammar (not MTL terrible, but they're sometimes there with gender mixups from the code and general grammar issues), some issues of the intro telling you mechanics that are actually in different menus, such as the game saying quests are accessed in the journal when instead they are in their own branch, and a lot of the content having their endpoints for the version. But doing a once over on when the game landed on this here deviant website, and glancing at the patreon, it does feel as though this game is still really alpha in some parts despite being in development for quite some time (circa 2017 if things are as such).

Ultimately, I would have given it a 3, but for the h-material it's really given a good amount of fap without it feeling as though I had to grind myself down to the nub, and without it feeling cheap either, the characters are well written, the scenes again, well written, and the overall world is believable ingame (h-wise). For that alone, I would recommend at least a once over with the game, whether you're into cumplay, corruption, freeuse and the likes. As this game had accomplished one thing, being lewd, sexy, erotic (which not a lot of games get right unfortunately), and overall enjoyable h-wise which is good enough in my book.

Shaky 4, maybe a bitchin' 5 if everything is realized somewhere down the line.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

pronlove

Great writing and setting, Cant wait for more! Still a few bugs but nothing game breaking. Would love more submissive MC content overall. Love the transforming images and would be awesome for something similar for the main character
  13. 2.00 star(s)

teddidiah

The game has problems. A lot of them, even, some of them rather systematic and short of a complete re-write, which isn't likely, cannot be solved.

At it's core it's a simple textbased game where you start up a bundle of questline scenes and just read through them to the end. There is currently a rather optional combat zone to pick up slaves for your castle, though beyond that it isn't very fleshed out.

Chasing after scenes with a few branching paths here and there in the individual lines isn't by itself a bad thing, but the way it's set up is rather poorly done. Ultimately you show up to an area, have a conversation then go back home, continuing this three or four times a segment before continuing. Sometimes this makes sense, sometimes it doesn't, but it's a very arbitrary and forced method of making time pass so the corruptive elements or relationships don't just happen immediately, save as far as the player is concerned you're just going back through the wooden feeling menu to click that character again to continue it. A few of these series in particular just do not make any sense whatsoever, like when you leave your town on an extended journey with someone and, in text, rest at a camp or something before immediately appearing back in hub-town until you continue the quest. Which is a lot more damning when it's intentionally set up like this, with no explanation, reeking of a lack of polish.

The writing is so-so, varying wildly. At some points there are naked code calls showing up and typos aplenty, showing a lack of editing and testing in these four or five paragraph scenes. Sexual content goes from being very brief to fairly detailed without any real rhyme or reason, while later content rather constantly stops to ask if you want to play it out or skip it awkwardly. Basic writing rules are also ignored rather flippantly, like the speaker for dialog flipping between characters within the same paragraph - sometimes without actually saying so. Some scenes end with a choice, but you're actually answering a question midway through the scene and near the end they've rambled into something else entirely. Usually it's a little more obvious, though, like it just asking if you wanna bang them, go on a romantic path or a corruptive path etc.

The game has content. It's not terribly good content, but there's inspiration and thought. It's worth a run around and while it's rather buggy it feels more complete then some other lesser titles, just don't have terribly high expectations.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

FangOfDrknss

I've only played one other text game on this site, which didn't really have the kind of writing that this game has. There's a lot of similarities to other famous text based games that use the kind of perverse abbreviations in that aspect, but that's what also makes it pretty nice.

When I first started the game, I thought it was going to be a choice game, since the intro was pretty long, and looked more like a choose your adventure with a few paragraphs of text here and there. Sticking through it all though, it's pretty good. There's a lot of planned content that the more famous games don't have, which sound pretty interesting.

A lot of games on this site I've played, I've always hated seeing how long a game's been around, if playing through it, there's still obvious signs of placeholders. But seeing how this game seems to partially use Cutesexyrobutts as art for the material, I can't really blame the dev, as someone who follows the artist and also hopes to commission him.

Without the placeholders and work in progress stuff though, it can easily be pretty interesting. The only improvements I can really see, that I guess I'm spoiled by from those other games, is lust not building up over time. Although currently the masturbation options like hotdogging also seems to be unclickable, like a lot of things I've seen within the game.

Doesn't really make it anything less but great though.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

shanarc

This game is a great mix of transformation and corruption theme. The first version had a good story line and characters but the newer update is even better where the player gets a choice to not only transform himself but also others. Also the player can not only choose his orientation (sub/dom) but it can be defined for others as well and is bug-free for most of the part. The option for furry lovers to transform others as well as themselves as furries is also a nice touch giving the player an option to personalize the game to their needs (personally I like more non furry so it helps). The combat system could be improved upon in terms of how it will affect the player and maybe it will happen in a future update as the game is still in its early development stage(personally the improvement in story and quests is what I look forward to most). The art is one of the best I have seen both the non-furry and furry with all the transformations as well as the personalities (only Helena sub/dom for now) affecting the npcs appearances.