Ren'Py - Deep Vault 69 [v0.3.3_a2] [bohohon]

1. 3.00 star(s)

InfamousBT14

Story/Character:
    The story is quite simple. You wake up from a hangover after celebrating passing your test to see what you’ll be in the future and it’s decided that you are an adventurer whose job is to explore outside the vault. I enjoy the current story and the whole game is a parody of the Fallout series. It’s a great homage to the series with lots of references from the game and lots of easter eggs from other pop culture as well. The story is not serious and is light-hearted.

The MC is your typical MC, nothing out of the ordinary. Just the randomly chosen one. What’s unique about this game is the choice of picking an female or male protagonist. Depending on the choices, there are different sex scenes and dialogue. I picked the male protagonist where I believe, currently it has more content than the female protagonist. All the girls in the game are great as well. They all have unique personalities and quirkiness to each other.

Content:
    There is a chunk of content that will keep you occupied for a couple of hours. Each character has some sexual content, some more than others. The quality of sex content differs for each character with some having animations and long sex scenes. Whilst some are quite short, where the girl literally touches your dick and you cum.

Gameplay:
    The gameplay is your sandbox game where you are entrapped in a vault with various rooms you can access to talk to the girls. The rooms and navigation of the sandbox are simple & well-managed. It’s divided into the main quest and the character stories. Once you get the job as an adventurer, you can explore the world outside the vault. The concept of exploring the wasteland is a bit confusing and a bit of a grind. There are various quest items required for pass quests but at times feels very confusing. I would grind 10-15 minutes for a single item and find myself confused. The turn-based combat system is okay, it needs some work but it still does it job. As well as the inventory and looting system is also a bit convoluted.

Visuals:
    The visuals are amazing! The 2D art is great and eye-catching. It definitely has influence from the summertime saga in regards to the art direction. But with the flair of fallout touch that very much fits the art style. Sex scenes are sometimes great, other times are okay. Animations that are done in the game are done very well and smoothly, albeit there are few of them. I give kudos to the developer about the actual feel and look of the game. It does homage to the Fallout series from the UI of the neon green contrasting with the black. The map of navigating through the vault is a love letter to the fallout shelter game. Stemming from it’s mini-game as well.

Sound:
    The sound design is fantastic. The old-school radio in the background makes me feel like I’m playing a Fallout DLC. Sound effects of saving your file have that iconic fallout sound that feels nostalgic. Sex sounds are hot and does it job, but are inconsistent as it doesn’t appear in every sex scene.

This is honestly such a great homage and parody of the fallout series. It feels like a 2D Fallout adult game as a spin off. If you’ve played or like the fallout series, this would be a great game to play. Through the references and easter eggs, you’ll definitely get a few chuckles and a pleasant time with your hand.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Vinoma

The art is good but the game is put together with spit and glue, I've broken several quests by just doing the bare minimum of what's asked.
    I get why the Mc goes by male pronouns but I feel like that should be changed if you choose a female character.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

CQPCon

Although the art is rather alright, the gameplay is rather frustrating. Oftentimes, you keep attacking only to miss, and you find yourself dying to a creature that could only take 2 hits from you. Plus, resources (things?) are too hard to come by for trade with the mercenary twins. Not only that, but the english translation is rather poor. It's a good thing that the gallery's unlocked when you download this, because the art's really the only thing worth it in this game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

mykabhocy

One of the visual novels you just have to play. Beautiful visual style, fun story, great cutscenes and good mini-games. For me, it's definitely "one of those" visual novels now .

The game also gets an extra star from me because of the speed of development compared to others :HideThePain:
  5. 5.00 star(s)

lofgren90

Game shows a lot of promise

The artstyle is the best thing, very beautiful, and with very good animations to go with it

Gameplay is very shallow but I don't think it needs to be anything more

English can be bad at times but it's nothing immersion breaking, everything is understandable
  6. 5.00 star(s)

zgrove

awesome!
    This game is the best gift for existing Fallout 4 gamers!
    The art style is good and I think it expresses the identity of the Fallout game well. I look forward to the development of the game in the future.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

vaelenor

Animation is a solid plus, the creator made their own designs and drawings. It's hardder but drawn games can be so much more interesting.
    Scripting needs some work, the language shifts to something else randomly. This is still very much in its infancy so I assume it'll be very different a year from now.
    Overall solid content however it sometimes feel like there is more description then imagery which can feel discombobulating.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Kerrub

I adore Fallout, and seeing a Fallout parody is a catch ! I had to try it cause of the Parody, not going to lie.

Pros
    --------
    - Really charming/good artstyle
    - OK storyline ?
    - Amazing animations/scene
    - Doesn't blue ball you too much, you get what you earn after effort.
    - It's a fucking Fallout Parody.

Cons
    --------------------_
    - Wish it was in Unity/more features to expand the potential of this Fallout parody
    - Sounds isn't the best
    - There are errors/crash in randomly in some places
    - Not a fan of the combat system, kinda almost lost my interest with the minigame.
    - Dialogue writing is..... you know. Not that great. You can tell the creator isn't english mainly.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Lazygime

honestly its a good game with very high potential
    amazing art with a few animations, its a fallout parody. the writings abit average, there's a combat system which is a turn base that is good.

some characters are stereotypical but some are a bit different and have excellent potential to be good characters. with only a few content its a good game. willing to wait for the results of this one.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

popabear

Deep Vault 69 [v0.2.2_a]

Art looks nice. Writing was painfully average.

Directionless sandbox - also a shit concept. Light up where there's stuff to do so I don't have to click through every location looking for triggers! And/or give me a quest log so I know where to go and what to do. Please.

And the final nail in the coffin for me is how slow and unoptimized this is. Why does it take me 4 seconds to open the map? It's Ren'Py for God's sake! It should be almost impossible to have it run this slowly. The coding needs a lot of work.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

DMSTS

[v0.2.2_a]
    Another game that will be finished in 5 or more years...
    (Doesn't mean it is bad)

-Story, Originality
    Fallout setting, chicks and d**ks.

-Renders
    Nice and vibrant art.

-Sound
    Some okayish sounds and music.

-Playability
    Takes some time to finish...
    (But we have saves and cheats)

-Performance
    Runs like an average Ren'Py.

-Bugs
    Didn't see any.

-Animations
    Still pictures (and animations?).

-Voice Acting
    Don't remember hearing voices.

-Grammar
    Didn't see any mistakes.

-Amount of content
    There are some h-scenes, but it'll take time for the ammount of h-content to be enough.

Hopefully this project prospers.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

oakwood

(v0.2.0a)
    Wow.. It is realy promising. Not much to say in this stage but exp system, random encounters and exploration, stats, battle system etc.. that game promising too much for future.. its a good start and solid foundation. Fallout concept is rich but it is hard to work on, I hope devs keep up the good work.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

tpopop

It needs a lot of work. It has promise, but not much going for it right now. Animation is good, but art is hit or miss. I'm not super into massively huge tits, but maybe that's just me

The content available now is very bare bones. You get one quest outside and it's very easy. The reward for it is nothing. There is XP and stats, but so far they serve no purpose

The English in this is very broken. I gather the creator is not a native speaker so they should consider getting someone to help translate to make it a bit smoother

I haven't seen any glitches other than one scene with a visual glitch, so that's a good mark

Characters seem very cardboard though. Like, the sister is a stereotypical cartoon older sibling who constantly tries to put the younger one down. I'm alos not into incest so I don't care to look down that line. Just saying I know what they're going for with the sister and it comes off as rough

Other characters are pretty cardboard as well. Sister's friend is lesbo who thirsts after sister but will give into urges for MC. Cafeteria lead is stereotypical flirtatious slut. Cafeteria helper is stereotypical shy angry girl who snaps at any attempt to socialize with her. Other characters follow very obvious tropes. They feel like there was no real personality in them other than the trope they're filling in for. They don't feel like real characters who feel. They really need work

So far the only character that seems promising is the storeroom guy and purely because he's there for comic relief.

Things seem very linear so far and not in a good way. You just keep going to the next spot the questline tells you to go to and then progress in that scene. There's really not much input. No dialogue choices to lead to alternative results. Just a slideshow really. It can work that way, but there needs to be a lot of other content to make up for it

I'd give this a 2.5/5 if I could so I guess 3/5 is as close to it as I can get. I see promise, but it needs work. Characters really need to be redone as they're very bland and just fill in tropes. Outside the vault really needs som content. There should be more to do in the vault than go to rooms to talk

This is a parody on Fallout and so far the only real things that feel like Fallout are the idea that you're underground and the idea that the world above is a wasteland, neither of which actually feel like they are factors in this. If you took out the obvious FO paintjob, this would feel like some random bunker and it doesn't even feel like a bunker most of the time. Just feels like a building you live in. I'm not too sure how it can be made to feel a bit more immersive, but I think something should be attempted to make it feel more real

There really needs to be more FO content in this or it just doesn't feel like FO. Bring in some loved FO characters, outfits, weapons, enemies. The world of FO is very varied. Add towns out in the wasteland that you can visit. Like send the player to Megaton for some rustic scavengers to talk with, fuck, and do quests with. Add Paradise Falls as that will enable some darker and optional tones to the game like slavery and rape. Add in Goodneighbor so there's bars, ghouls, and entertainment. Like, a bar scene could enable randomized encounters for both sex scenes and interactions. Add in the Institute so players can craft their own companion(s) for combat or sex. Add in New Vegas so players can gamble and meet Mojave characters. Add in even madeup places for mutants, robots, aliens, creatures, etc. I don't think people would really care if all these characters and places would mix in despite being years and states apart, it's just for fun

Also, something needs to be done about the music. That song is nice, but hearing that over and over again is rough. Toss in some others to spice it up
  14. 3.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for Deep Vault 69 v0.3.0:

This release just got worse. Traveling outside of the vault completely changed for the worse. The map of the inside of the vault requires scrolling now so it's more tedious. There are less renders for the scenes (lots of dialogue without renders changing). Skipping to the new content showed a bunch of really old content. I thought the game was getting better, it still seems the dev still has no real direction after almost 2 years. It's just not worth the frustration. I'm out until I see a [completed] tag.

Review for Deep Vault 69 v0.2.15:

Some things are kind of coming together. The combat, XP, skills, etc. have become much better, but there's still too much that's incomplete to make it enjoyable. The new pregnancy minigame is a complete mystery as to how it works (it appears to be random, so there's really no game to it). Lockpicking seems a bit off, too. There are still a lot of bugs and annoyances in the game mechanics. For example: Searching for locations in the wasteland frequently ends up with two locations in the exact same spot, so one of them becomes inaccessible because it can't be clicked. There's no way to tell which locations on the map have already been visited. After going to a location and opening a locked safe, the safe will be locked again but empty if the player leaves and returns. Save games are broken for every update, so the developer added an option to skip to the content of the current update. That's great... except you lose all of your skills and inventory, and skipping to the newest content is useless if you didn't play the very last update. The game is clearly improving, but it's almost comical how it's been a never-ending series of noob mistakes.

Review for Deep Vault 69 v0.2.0a:

It really looks like game isn't really being developed with a plan to have individual updates meaningfully progress the story or be enjoyable by themselves. Hopefully, it will be more coherent and satisfying to play when there's a lot more content in the game.

Review for Deep Vault 69 v0.1.23a:

Summary: The game isn't terrible, but as of now, there's not a ton of content and what's there isn't very polished and it's just not worth the time to start playing. Going by the changelog, this is the 5th "major" update/release, and now that I've played a couple of releases, I'd recommend players are probably better off waiting another 3 or 4 updates after v0.1.23a before even starting this game.

Story: 3/5 - The game is set in the Fallout universe. So far, there's not much of a story, and it's hard to give it points for originality since it borrows from the Fallout story and adult games in the Fallout universe have already been done. The interactions between characters seem very adolescent-like. There's not much build-up to any of the lewd scenes so far, and that really takes away from the erotic nature. However, there are a few erotic bits that are pretty good.

Writing: 1/5 - The English writing is terrible. I assume the problem is the translation, but it's bad. There are spelling, grammar, punctuation, and just poor word choices everywhere. Sometimes, I was scratching my head trying to figure out what it meant. I often found myself clicking through the text because it just wasn't enjoyable to read. I hope the Russian language option is better.

Art/Renders: 3/5 - The art itself is 5/5, but there needs to be a lot more renders. There is sometimes lots of dialogue/narration to click through without the renders changing, especially during lewd scenes where the text narrates what is happening, but... nothing is happening on screen. It feels like renders were meant to be there but are missing. Also, the static backgrounds for every room and sprites for the characters feels cheap.

Animations: 2/5 - Most of the animations are during the lewd scenes and the MC is shown as a floating/dismembered hand, tongue, or penis. I know there are other games like this, but come on, it's cheap.

Gameplay: 3/5 - It's an average sandbox. It starts out 100% linear but quickly branches off when more quests are added. The sandbox navigation is inconsistent with some rooms having both a "back" button and a hotspot to click to exit the room. Some rooms have only a hotspot that says "back" when you hover over it, and some have only the hotspot. The morning/afternoon/evening/night time-slots seem broken or just superfluous most of the time. There's no generic "advance time" option, but in the MC's room, there are options to "wait until night" and "sleep until tomorrow", but the wait until night is there even when it's already night. The turn-based combat is kinda lame right now. Hopefully, it'll get better or involve some strategy later, but at least for now, there are only 2 fights (not counting the very first fight where the player always loses). On the plus side, the quest/hint system is well done. The only issue I had was a gap where Jenny's quest said nothing for a while. I don't remember what caused it to change, but I assume it should've said something like "continue with XXX quest."

Content: 3/5 - For a game that's been out for 8 months, the amount of content is about average. As mentioned, the lewd content has too much writing and not enough visuals, and since the writing is poor, it ruins the experience.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Smellfire

Art is lovely. Story has been thought up by a 10 year old with a hard on.

Game mechanics are ok, but very repetative.

Engrish translation is pretty bad and grammer is awful. Jars after awhile.

Not much content and whats there is mainly just dick teasing, early days so kind of expected.

Right now not worth the time to play, come back in 6 months where it might be interesting IF they get a decent translator or your a russain speaker.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

destroyergd

great start,
    absolutely loved the art!
    story doesn't seem to be something new... but it's just the beggining, and it has potential.
    The english is broken, but with a lot of effort, you can understand (I'd take out 1 star, but it's early in development, and I wanna see where it goes).
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Topo_Gigio

Deep Vault 69 by @bohohon is a personal favourite of mine. I'm rating current content as of version [0.1.14_a] which is available to Patrons.

Story: 5/5 - I never played any Fallout game, so for me this was all a new setting and atmosphere. I admit I really liked it and got me hooked. The character personalities are rich and different to each other. There's great humour and conversations feel natural and I enjoyed the different quests and dialogues implemented. Rating the highest score.

Art: 5/5 - The 2D artwork is simply excellent. All drawn by hand, the different characters have different attributes and physycal characteristics and are unique. I really like the use of the soft/pastel colours and tones over all the game graphics combined with the black outlines, it's all very attractive to my eyes and pleasing and fits the atmosphere very well. Great effort has been put not only on character sprites, but also on backgrounds, inventory, screens, combat cards and interface in general, it all looks really well done and customised. Rating the highest score.

Gameplay: 4/5 - The gameplay is enjoyable taking in consideration the Ren'Py limitations and the game in such early days. The built-in hint system works well, and the way the inventory and combat is handled is very robust and consistent. It includes the useful features to start a new game from the last update, avoiding issues with previous saves' compatibility. However, it is still early days so there's still room for improvement, especially in terms of navigation (which will be improved in future versions), the implementation of a gallery system (which is also to be implemented), so rating 4 out of 5 here which will improve to 5/5 as new updates are released.

H scenes: 5/5 - Rating also top tier because the artist/developer has focused on improving this aspect since the early v0.1.0 version, by implementing a much better Live 2D animation system on both H scenes and character sprites.

Future potential: 5/5 - With a great story and atmosphere, interesting characters, solid gameplay and gorgeous graphics, the potential of this game is top class. Also the artist/developer is very engaged and active with the community, provides regular updates, etc, and that also helps keeping players engaged.

Final rating: 24/25 - 5 stars
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Blaspheme

(v 0.10)
    Not much to do as now, but the art is great art, the characters are fun and original, the IU and map are very clear and intuitive and there even is some gameplay (combats with cards, depending on your equipped items). Everything looks promising!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

libertypics

It's got unique hand drawn art that's hot and it tossed in a WT in version one so I'm not guessing what to do if I get stuck.
    Would all new games give us that kind of image and quality of life tools in them.
    I'll give it a 4 for now, here's hoping it keeps getting better.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Jonathan0009

This game has a lot of potential. There isn't much in the game as of now (just a few teaser scenes) but it's a demo, so that's to be expected. The art is beautiful and the game has really managed to capture the fallout atmosphere. I also really enjoyed the already huge variety of characters and their appearances. There's a few mistakes in the grammar and some of the words seem to be in (what i'm guessing is) Russian.

Btw, the cockroach is unbeatable.