Deleting games

krzysiek88

Feb 4, 2017
Hello guys I have problems with deleting games after finish playing. Windows will delete every thing from game folder apart from exe file and no matter what I do cannot delete the rest. Please help

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
Hello guys I have problems with deleting games after finish playing. Windows will delete every thing from game folder apart from exe file and no matter what I do cannot delete the rest. Please help
ctrl+shift+esc see if they are still running in task manager.. all else fails restart computer and then delete

krzysiek88

Feb 4, 2017
No I can't see any of them running in the background. I have tried restart and shift+delete and still same won't remove

grev

Modder
Jun 10, 2017
try navigating to the folder of the EXE in the address bar type cmd then press enter

then in the cmd window type erase nameoftheexe.exe

aweriel

Jun 18, 2017
use unlocker. freeware application for problems with "unmovable" files.
e.p.

Draghough

May 26, 2017
Other alternatives :
That's not normal , run some full scans and check your os & hdd for corruption

Hgamer

Oct 2, 2017
Another alternative could be

but FILE-ASSASSIN
and Unlocker

they should be better, maybe.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Right click then "cut" then move to desktop and paste and now you can delete it.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I have tried restart and shift+delete and still same won't remove
There's two possibilities :
1) The good one, there's a problem with the right of the file. Windows have a really awkward way to deal with them and sometime when you decompress an archive, the files end with no owner. But normally it's all the files that are affected, not only the executables.
2) If you restart your computer and the files can't still be delete, it mean that something have restarted them... and 99,9999999% of the time, this "something" is a virus.

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did you use cut?
You may need to take ownership of the folder and all files within.

Draghough

May 26, 2017
@krzysiek88 What windows are you using ? Also do you have a limited or administrator user account

Useful links for what i mentioned on my previous post and some free software:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
If you are using a 3rd party antivirus you may have to reinstall it (use a utility to remove it if they have one)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
This sounds fishy. As anne O.nymous already suggested, that could be a virus. Especially if the same thing happens all the time. That can not be a simple case of file system corruption, that would affect only one file.

Better try some bootable antivirus scanners. I'd go with , or .
They're all free tools. Bootable tools will prevent the virus from running and hiding itself from runtime AV-s.

Jun 23, 2020
Can i remove or report a game which is literally disaster for humanity, there is no limit or i didn't found. If anyone know how to remove a game from f95 zone or report it please mention

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bev_

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Can i remove or report a game which is literally disaster for humanity, there is no limit or i didn't found. If anyone know how to remove a game from f95 zone or report it please mention
You resuscitated a thread from more than four years of death to ask a question instead of just clicking on the REPORT button found at the bottom of every post on this site ... including the first post of every game thread? That is how you can report any post, including the game's OP.

• Haha
Reactions: 彡SILENT๛ONE

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
here is run around if you have winrar

1. right click
2. select add to archive
3. click on delete files after archiving
4. click ok
5. delete the rar file

Reactions: 彡SILENT๛ONE
Jun 23, 2020
You resuscitated a thread from more than four years of death to ask a question instead of just clicking on the REPORT button found at the bottom of every post on this site ... including the first post of every game thread? That is how you can report any post, including the game's OP.
Yeah , sorry i didn't notice that tiny little thing on game thread i read that report option so many times before on thread quotes or comments but that time i was angry about how fucked up some devs and literally playing with us. Tried some fucked up game ,and thought it would be better if anyone knows what kind of sick fanatsy or not cuz i dunno if someone enjoying actually those type of content and that sickness started after 2 nd update ( tag , dev notes shows something and you found out something else after gameplay ) so i searched and found this thread Ok thanks anyway bro