4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
602886_CoverDTIP.gif

Overview:
Your soul floating into an abyss, you awake in a volatile unknown world. Your mind at constant risk of breaking apart, your body desired by entities lurking around you. Not alone, others struggle within the anomaly that is this place. Others who flow in this abyss with you, allow you a choice. A choice to deliver them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-03-17
Release Date: 2020-03-17
Developer: Butler Uri -
Censored: No
Version: 0.45
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - - -
Mac: - - - - -

602847_hos27.jpg 602833_in_game_screenshot_28_deliverance.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
this kind of description give me a headache. and honestly didnt encourage me to test the game.

this simple line :
"This game caters to the desire of the player, allowing you to experience the style of game you wish to play "

is way enougth for me to understand half the game. why doing complicated when you can do simple ?? crazy people :p

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
Promising project, however, NOT JUST the 'overview', but also... dev needs to take another look at how the art is playing out in this game cause that filter makes things look surreal, not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest, somehow diminishes the quality of his overall work. Might just need tweaking, tho.:coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Butleruri

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
If you play or read the darkness ...
a long standing comics books tangled in with witch blade and the angelus and the magdalena ...
Think of this as a poor man”s dante”s inferno with comic book cut outs borderlands style and the quirky darkness feel.
P.S.: I am talking about the games dante”s inferno and the darkness and borderlands.

• Love
Reactions: Butleruri

putzseila

Dec 11, 2017
A description so subjective that it causes more doubts that it instigates someone to play and when the images come it shows nothing but a kitchen.
It didn't make anyone want to play.
It's like a philosophy exercise from college that we don't talk about anything that makes sense and we get a high grade and when we talk about something that makes sense the grade is low.
Anyway Good Luck

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
this kind of description give me a headache. and honestly didnt encourage me to test the game.

this simple line :
"This game caters to the desire of the player, allowing you to experience the style of game you wish to play "

is way enougth for me to understand half the game. why doing complicated when you can do simple ?? crazy people :p
There is a lot of simple games here if you dont like one just move on

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
May be a weird concept and not immediately obvious but their comment was actually constructive advice to point out a potential oversight. If all is as planned then they won't change a thing and see how things pan out. Otherwise they may make some changes and thank macadam on the way.

As for me, given someone else already made that point, I'll simply move on...

Last edited:

BaelStriker

Feb 14, 2020
how much character creation we talking here? a simple male/female or indepth changes to models or stat distribution

Reactions: cakeny

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020

this simple line :

is way enough for me to understand half the game. why doing complicated when you can do simple ?? crazy people :p

Thank you so much for this criticism. I went from zero knowledge to everything you see here in the past 5 months. When looking through my storyboard I cherry-picked certain events to build my overview to get people interested towards what is to come.

The game is heavily influenced by Trials In Tainted Space, so my storyboard is a huge web of events and mechanics making it hard to pinpoint an exact [plot]. But this may simply be my inexperience to do so.

I will take your advice to heart and make sure I correct my wording for future descriptions and adverts. Thank you!

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
what the actual fuck ? one or another,not 2 at the same time,that's just retarded and complete waste of time.
I fixed this for all my posting a little too late it seams. It used to be through unity, but I quickly transferred everything last minute to RenPy

Fun fact, in unity all the characters used to be anime. Here is a concept drawing I had for [The House]
1577398885.jpg

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
Promising project, however, NOT JUST the 'overview', but also... dev needs to take another look at how the art is playing out in this game cause that filter makes things look surreal, not aesthetically pleasing in the slightest, somehow diminishes the quality of his overall work. Might just need tweaking, tho.:coffee:
I'll try better! I know my drawing style is really bad, but and my Photoshop skills are lacking causing the 2D and 3D renders to mix awkwardly.

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
If you play or read the darkness ...
a long standing comics books tangled in with witch blade and the angelus and the magdalena ...
Think of this as a poor man”s dante”s inferno with comic book cut outs borderlands style and the quirky darkness feel.
P.S.: I am talking about the games dante”s inferno and the darkness and borderlands.
I am glad you see it this way, I took a huge inspiration from the Divine Comedy (Divina comedia) by Dante Alighieri!

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
A description so subjective that it causes more doubts that it instigates someone to play and when the images come it shows nothing but a kitchen.
It didn't make anyone want to play.
It's like a philosophy exercise from college that we don't talk about anything that makes sense and we get a high grade and when we talk about something that makes sense the grade is low.
Anyway Good Luck
Thank you and you are very right! I should have put more thought on the screenshots and information I posted. My original thought of the kitchen was to show players what art style to expect, but you are right it doesn't show much of anything else.

As I replied before I am very new to this despite my excuses for inexperience I will try better.

I am currently working on modeling the entire four floors so I hope I can provide a little better information with this image. 1stfloor.png

Butleruri

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2020
how much character creation we talking here? a simple male/female or indepth changes to models or stat distribution

I won't lie I'm basically ripping off a lot of mechanics from a game called rim-world. And I'm trying my best to translate the mechanics smoothly into a 3D art visual novel game.

That said, currently the plan is ONLY to show models of genitalia. If you choose girl you'll see your vagina in scenes, as a guy a penis, or a female with a dick and so on.

The stats are heavily influenced by the player's daily routines. The more you work out the faster the workout animations will play showing an increase in your strength detailed by numbers in the GUI. The stats are heavily intertwined with the RPG mechanics and will be mostly noticeable during the rpg sandboxing of the game. You will be able to mess around with the stats in the update I'm pushing this weekend.

Reactions: Horny Police Robot
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote