Ren'Py - Demon Boy Saga [v0.67] [ReidloGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

CubeD

Currently trying out v0.5
    The game is a mess of poorly thought out seemingly random events which provides little to no value when actually found.

The general quality of the game is subpar. The renders are low quality and not the best of models seeming blurry and lacking texture and clarity. The writing is uninspired for the most part and functions much as air filler. The story I get lost in because I need to click around so much to find new events that I forget were I was with the different characters as there is no consistency. One moment you have a heart to heart and the next they are robots - also the repeatable events like walking in the rooms have no effects outside that and character completely forgets about it in between events: "Oh you have walked in on me naked 27 times now, what a coincidence!"

The biggest issue is the lack of direction and the false promise of the developer. At the start of the game you get instructed that the iHelp option is there to guide in case of need. Sure there are some events that are listed there - also when not even able to be triggered for some reason. A lot of events are not listed and progressions are impossible to keep track of.
    That only helps to make it more infuriating to try and figure out what the developer wants me to do next.
    I am not sitting here with the experience of figuring out what to do, like: "I need to distract the teacher, what is the best plan?" but instead frustrated at trying to guess what the developer might have thought should be done and where that might be, making the option to just scan every scene of an unknown trigger - maybe a new thing or maybe something already clicked that needs to be clicked x number of times.

The layout of the in game world is also confusing even after spending a decent amount of time forcing myself to try and complete the game. Completely resorting to use the overview at all times, where I would normally feel pretty confident at navigating around.

Then there is choices; I don't feel like I have really made any. It is either choose to do nothing and then we can choose that again tomorrow or choose to do the next thing.

I am really trying with this game but man it is not great. I often find myself making a save, hovering over the delete button and then shouting internally.
    Besides my frustration with the structure of the game, the idea of game it self I will describe it with a quote from the MC of the game himself and his friend:
    "MC: Sounds perfect to me!
    A few minutes later...
    MC: This is so boring...
    Mike: A little more time to see if we can finish our work
    MC: What a drag...."

I would not recommend this game without someone making a walkthrough.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

thegrindisreal

Completely unexpected massage scenes which are always a loving hit throughout the VN community - check
    Interactive yoga montages - check
    Cowardly sleep creep scenes (after drugging your own sister) - check
    Useless dream scenes - check
    Rape scenes tagged as NTR - check
    MC with a humongous unnatural penis, which subconsciously reflects the dev's lack of sexual experience and his own low self esteem - check
    Upcoming, even more boring photo shoot scenes - check
    Idiotic story line which is neglected from the start - check
    Oblivious sisters and a mother that love to be molested - check
    NTR clickbait for the NTR fans, which turns out to be a blue ball scheme - check
    Astronomical debt which the MC wants to repay by earning 10$ per day (sundays closed of course) - check
    Bugs that block us from half of the game's content - check
    Complete lack of sexual content after one year of development - check

Judging from the above i assume the dev is a 14~15 year old virgin full on puberty. Instead of whipping out his high hormone levels on the local cheerleader team, he abuses the DAZ software...
    If a f95 harem snowflake finds my review "offensive"...dear mods please don't bann me again...
    THIS "GAME" SERIOUSLY SUCKS BALLS...
    The models are actually ok and not over the top...two stars.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

DonutMan

Yikes, this is bad. I personally can't continue playing it, but it's not so abysmal that it deserves one star. The issue is there isn't anything great or even good about it. The dialog is horrible, the positioning of the models are unrelalistic, the map and layout of the game are awkward, and the renders themselves would have MAYBE been ok 10 years ago in a RPGM game but are just subpar now.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

SoulsSurvivor

To be frank I think 2 stars might be too generous but I'm a generous guy. English is terrible and continues to get worse as you proceed through the game. Many of the women are referred to as "he" when a simple google search and minor English comprehension could tell you that is wrong. It's a sandbox with shitty navigation, probably have an easier time navigating a different country without a map. Renders are not good, in a neutral pose they look fine but god forbid they show any emotion, absolutely horrendous. Especially Claire, she ages by like 20 years when she frowns. Animations are incredibly basic and bad, might have been good a few years ago but not anymore. Story is boring, prologue takes about 4 in game days and that is too long, one or two days max should be all is needed. MC is another wimpy retard with a huge dick and that is really fucking tiresome. Overall, don't play this.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Na6game

(Sorry for my bad english:eek:)

Story : ✭ ✭ ✭✰✰
    Plot is simple, effective and looks promising. It has good story build up. It is going step by step.

Characters: ✭ ✭ ✭✰✰
    All female characters has individual personality and storyline. It's little clichéd but it's effective and interesting enough. MC is also okay i think.
    But
    Renders : ✭ ✭✰✰✰
    are not good (some characters are good but some are below average) so characters are not look so attractive.
    Scenes & Animations: ✭ ✭ ✭✰✰
    Renders are poor so animations also looks poor but it has its unique charm. H secnes are dirty and naugty and hot enough.

Contents: ✭ ✰✰✰✰
    BUT ! There are not enough contents right now. Just peeping and few ntr sceanes. But game size is almost 3GB wtf.

Gameplay : ✭ ✰✰✰
    AND ! This is sandbox game. If you hate it i recommend do not try this game.
    There is hint system but it's very poor and unclear. You can't get assist from this and have to find the clue yourself to go to next progress.

So it looks like it has enough
    Potential : ✭ ✭ ✭✰✰
    But it is annoying and unkind sandboxgame and has not enough contents right now. If it is not remaked in the future for the gameplay and quality of renders i think i don't follow this game.
    So
    Overall : ✭ ✭✰✰✰
  6. 5.00 star(s)

r0def

The best game about corruption and incest on this site. It doesn't have the best presentation or the smoothest animations, but graphics aren't everything. There is now enough content and good enough ui to be enjoyable for everyone. Unless you are looking for romance that is. (y)
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Sesinho

There are scenes, but nothing extraordinary or relevant in DREAMS. The rest of the game is empty, completely empty.
    There are 2 scenes in the PREMIUM folder and those are the only real like sex scenes the game has so far. Its called NTR but that girl is not a love interest, you saw her once, and there are no events with her, no dialogue to estaclish she is a love interest, so that can't be NTR,its just a sex scene performed by random charcters, the ones that can atually have sex in this game. Random charactres as aprt of some"Premium" dlc.

I would call that Normalium cause without those scenes the game is the most biggest trash. A dcent sex scene, well i think there are 2 actually, but that's it, cause other than that, the game as fr 0.3B is a total waste of time.

Avoid it for at least 18 months
  8. 4.00 star(s)

neodtst

First of all the render is wow.
    The characters looks "natural" imo , without the shiny reflective 3d mannequin feels so many games likes to rendered.

In fact Alicia , Landlady and Kara is AAA imo , and I personally think we got a winner in Alicia. I would really like to have Alicia the teacher replace as the Landlady. Landlady give me more of a young aunt or neighbour feels. Claire the bitch student in the middle of the non "one dick fetish" (No ntr yet) wars look abit too over-aged for a student. Just look at pic 3.
    But in all , all characters are superbly rendered 5 stars naturally.

Story wise. Not sure whats the deal yet at 0.3 , demon boy meaning he is a bad boy or something? Right now except for his spasticaly looking evil face , and his lewd thoughts. He just walking into others characters in different stages of undress and getting himself shout at. Practically nothing on story yet but its only 0.3 .. so yeah.

Gameplay , I don't mind sandbox , but with sandbox ,
    1)You need a good hint system. Now except for few hints at the start , I am just clicking around not knowing what I should do.
    2) And end of content indicator , as with no hints, the player has no indication currently if its end of content or we need to click some elusive encounters to proceed and since this is sandbox , we can be just purely wasting our time clicking endless looping content. -1 star

In short 4 stars purely for the natural beauties. Great renders again
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Neuvell

So I got about 3 days into the game and eventually just stopped playing, not because of the story or models or anything like that, I had to stop because of all the POINTLESS CLICKING!!! Having to click 6 times just to watch someone slightly move their face repeatedly is so monotonous, plus the text bar waits a second to appear so you can't just click through until you see text. An interaction that should take 30 seconds is dragged out and it kills any flow to the game.

Edit - I've raised my review from 1 star to 2 after the creator messaged me to see if my issues with the game could be due to my PC and offered possible solutions. Although that's not the case I respect them reaching out to try and help.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

shadowknave

Another sandbox aka click around till you see an image.. Models are nice.. that´s about it. . I know it is an early release, looking forward to come back in 2 years to see the progress but not really all excited about it.

Some feedback ;
    1. I am a NTR fan, that scene with the dean is not really NTR. But it was a poor scene. That scene would mean something if we got to know the chick first. You meet her once than that scene, it is redundant really.
    2. MC´s character is non-existent. He is a pervy little shit, than he should act and do things in that manner. Helping with the dishes for what? Learning to do massage? Cliche.
    3.Breastfeeding scene was so out of nowhere. There is a baby in the house suddenly?
    4. Dream scenes take away from the anticipation of the real scenes, they ruin the whole build-up.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

I rape mommy's

Pros
    Good renders
    Renders are in 3D motion that's new and it works good
    For a start thats all and thats good
    Cons
    There's a alot cons
    First of all it's a darker story mc needs to be designed darker
    But the mc is creepy and scary shit head when interactions of other characters in night mc says no it's better not i mean dude if you're going to do darker you should involve tags like blackmail , sleepsex penetration , rape , drugs and a lot
    When i saw game tags like vaginal sex , oral sex and rape
    I thought mc involved
    But it's not it's some ugly day professor ntr yeah you heard me right you can't see a ntr tag
    Im not a hater of ntr but you should mentioned it
    So yeah that's it please improve it and i will change the rating in future
    And open discord for conversations you know the problems in a game dev
  12. 5.00 star(s)

kaze32

This game is tethering on the verge of perfection if this quality keeps up, omg:love:. Idk how I missed this during the release but I played it yesterday and was blown away. The BBS vibe is so deep from the MC mischievousness, the pissed off sister and the loving one. The music and sfx stays true to BBS.. and the animations is to die for. The subtle movements to the expressions on their faces, you can tell so much thought and care has been put into this. Excellent job by the developer. That scene with the director had me rolling!!!!! and yearning for more! I hate how you had to "intervene". You guys nailed that one. I'm loving the story so far. The dream sequence was so hot as well.. almost everything is beautiful so far. The one thing I got stuck on like others in the comments mentioned is getting dress for the first day of the university. I would've never thought you had to exit to the map for the MC to say "I need to get dressed" and takes you there. I'm eagerly waiting for more.

Pay no mind to the complainers in your comments, you're doing a fantastic job and earned a new patron.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Kilikxx

This game has enormous potential.
    If you like Milfy city you will like this game.
    Bad bobby Saga + Milfy city = Demon boy saga.

I am making this review because I am seeing some very stupid comments about the navigation of the game. The navigation is the same as Milfy city.
    But for the whiners, the developer has already uploaded on patreon the fast travel and uploaded it in 1 day.
    It is true that content may be missing but it is a very early stage.

You start as a normal boy and when the prologue ends the boy is submerged by the lust of his mother, sisters....

Renders of girls: 10
    Prologue story: Just the prologue, it looks natural.
    Sex scenes: I loved it and I have seen things that I have not seen in any game.
    Music and effects: Very well worked.

If they cancel the game because of the stupid comments I've read, I'll be very upset.
    Keep it up Reidlo.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

1BigTasty1

Sandboxes are ok providing the UI is easily navigable there's a button to view who's in the house maybe make it so that map is how you go to rooms? Having to plod through corridors back and forth all the time gets tedious.
    Not for me.