harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Ai Image made hastily, I hope for a similar scene haha,[ Ashley hidden watching everything, it would be good, if she took it as an addiction, a scene that you can repeat in the game.] View attachment 3257495
I was going to complain about the horror show of the hands...
but then I realized it is two hands one in front of the other and Ai-chan actually drew it right.
So... well done.
Uncanniness in their designs aside, how did nobody brought up the the fact that Ai Leslie has geez I don't know SIX FUCKING FINGERS. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm just gonna say it now, because someone is gonna bring it up eventually. But technically speaking Leslie has five fucking fingers and a thumb. /s
Nah, look more carefully. she is grabbing the dick with both hands.

Although... wait... no if she
Her left hand is fine (probably. you see 4 fingers and the thumb is off screen).
her right hand is missing 3 fingers. it only has her thumb and index finger! And her thumb is kinda... overly thin. it also bends down at a very awkward angle...

... and I just noticed she has a cleft lip

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Progress Log - 2024/01/14

One down, one to go. I finished this event on Friday and am into the rough art for the last event, but didn't get far enough to represent anything for that event here. As I said last week this final event is gonna require a little more work than these past few (there's some interactions with additional characters and some more finicky poses like the event from last month, there's your teaser/spoiler for this one haha).

I will try to have it done this week but it is gonna take what it takes so not gonna kill myself if it bleeds a few days into next week. We shall see, as always.

New teaser this Thursday, have a great week!

- Breadman
ProgressLog26_post.jpg

Blobbobloo2

Dec 2, 2023
Stealing someone's intellectual property is a crime in most countries around the world.
I am aware. I am unaware of any legal arguments or decided cases on whether or not a specific art style - not copyrighted images or trademark - can be considered IP. That's my own ignorance on the matter. That's a reason why I said I'm not taking a strong stance one way or the other. A kind of "what is moral is not always legal, and what is legal is not always moral" thing.

An art style cannot be patented (at least in the US).
I understand. That's why, in my opinion, artists eventually having a system akin to patent and image licensing for their art styles could be an option that maximizes creator remuneration while also allowing other humans to add upon it. This could be a flat fee for personal use. Or if reused commercially, the original creator would be compensated on some sliding (percentage) scale of how influential the original art style was, regardless of how many creative styles are mashed together.

To get extra wacky: there are legal arguments made that IP shouldn't even exist, either from the perspectives of denial of free expression, rent-seeking behavior, or that it constitutes government monopoly protection. I'm not even arguing this, nor am I going to pretend that I could. But, heterodox views are interesting.

Someone can come in and copy Breadman's art style and sell his sketches based on his style...
I would never advocate for this on personal ethical grounds. However, I would actively encourage it if, as previously stated, the original creator approved of it and was materially compensated and credited.

...But, the situation is different for AI generated art. In order for the AI to copy Breadman's art style, hundreds of individual pieces of his art has to be scanned by the AI in order for it to replicate his style properly. That is where the problem lies, they are stealing artwork from artists in order to train the AI.
I'm not sure about this. The logic seems to breakdown if you treat the AI model like a human learning. If someone learns to imitate an artform (painting, music, film) are they "stealing?" Is the only impressionist the first impressionist? Is all of hip-hop dead for sampling 60's-80's R&B? Can no one use a Dutch angle or dolly zoom?

I comprehend your statement, but I'd be interested to hear oral arguments on the matter of what constitutes reproduction vs imitation, and who is decide who or what can imitate? Is the AI not created by people? Are the prompts not written by a human?

This is getting all too metaphysical. So I'm going to end this here.

Blobbobloo2

Dec 2, 2023
ok, another scenario : artist has style, didn't make or sell lora. another person creates lora and produce images.
At this point this person has invalidated the IPR and in a lot of country's it's treated as crime.
It's hard to claim an art style alone is IP. But I'm not making a value judgement either way. But, I am in agreement that it would be unethical to sell, specifically, a model trained from another's work.

Or a better example to make it clear: in your picture you have created a lora from breadman's art without his agreement... In that case you are in for a big and expensive fine. for the first lawsuit it would be a criminal one, followed by some civil lawsuits.
I'm not sure if you're using "you" in the deictic form or the generic "you" form meaning "a person." And I'm not sure if by "picture" you mean mental image or the image posted. To clarify both, I was not the person that posted the image, nor trained a lora. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's what I inferred.

Text never conveys tone well. So, I don't know if you're being accusatory and try to browbeat, or being genuinely constructive. I'll assume the latter and not introduce enmity into a topic people rarely are dispassionate about.

unfortunately the redrawing of ai art takes longer than to do it "the proper way".
I agree: "redrawing for an experienced artist is probably faster than hoping inpainting gets it right."

Another thing would be the reference image, if it is too pleasing as an artist you chain yourself to the reference. for character dev you are quicker with "doodeling"
That's an interesting point. I don't have experience with that. I just meant It could produce representations of variation faster than human to give the artist an idea how it'd look: hairstyle, clothing, anatomical reference, etc.

Back to your example with cnc/robots, i doubt you feed lots of reference blueprints and pictures of other parts into an ai and feed the result into the robot (maybe in future, wouldn't be surprised). EDIT: Was told by a coworker that you can create simple parts for 3d-print with ai, at the moment the results are not perfect. Meh, nice new world.
I know it's not what you meant, and I understand the creative differences but I got a chuckle thinking about a modern engineer designing a metal part, getting it milled, and then dropping a 100 pound weight on it. Instead of just using a stress test In CAD.

To my knowledge, that's all AI is really doing: ingesting data people give it, interpreting it based on a set of parameters, and reproducing it when queried. At least until we hit AGI.

personal opinion: So let me create a fictive game, i create the storyboard with chatgpt, create the models with genai, link the models to some mocaps or similar, create the code with the help of an ai and use also code snippets from internet to spice things up. Somehow i would feel very bad to name this game "my creation" and would shame myself.
Okay. Build a birdhouse. I don't know what to tell you. That's your personal view. But, wouldn't you be happy if you did do that, released a game, and people enjoyed it? I mean, people tape a banana to a wall and call it a radical, revolutionist idea in the meaning of what art means, or some bs. Either because they believe or they know some other sucker will. You may feel shame, but others have produced less and have felt pride.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
I'm not sure if you're using "you" in the deictic form or the generic "you" form meaning "a person." And I'm not sure if by "picture" you mean mental image or the image posted. [...]
Text never conveys tone well. [...]
to clarify my text i meant "you" as a person and a posted image. I agree, text never conveys tone and even if you try to be constructive it sometimes is misunderstood as "critic"

I agree: "redrawing for an experienced artist is probably faster than hoping inpainting gets it right."
no, the opposite, to fix the mistakes in an ai-generated picture takes longer than to create a picture "from scrap". But maybe because of such work in the past i am biased in this matter.

That's an interesting point. I don't have experience with that. I just meant It could produce representations of variation faster than human to give the artist an idea how it'd look: hairstyle, clothing, anatomical reference, etc.
Ok, here we would need oral discussion, but let me try a written approach. Let's say you start a character from scratch, as a classic artist you doodle several designs, select the one you like and play around with iterations. At this point it's your work. Now take the AI approach, you tell the AI to create an image. The AI creates a design based on the learned routines, in a worst case it only reproduce the style/art of other artists in different iterations. In my POV this would be no longer a original character rather it is more like a copycat mass product.
There are way more details to speak about it, but this will be problematic and too long for a forum, so take it as an "overview" .

I know it's not what you meant, and I understand the creative differences but I got a chuckle thinking about a modern engineer designing a metal part, getting it milled, and then dropping a 100 pound weight on it. Instead of just using a stress test In CAD.
lol, that's a good example, i had my laugh thinking about the stress test. But lets take the stress test, the human has created the part and uses some analyzing software, the software doesn't change the design totally like in " This part is bad, use my design i have copied from others".

But, wouldn't you be happy if you did do that, released a game, and people enjoyed it? I mean, people tape a banana to a wall and call it a radical, revolutionist idea in the meaning of what art means, or some bs. Either because they believe or they know some other sucker will. You may feel shame, but others have produced less and have felt pride.
Let's say it in this way: i could have a vague idea about a game, this game should be like the work of an other game , hire a writer to get the story, hire an artist for the art, hire an coder to do the scripts and let those people do the complete work without my interference just to produce something other people would enjoy? How much of it would be my work?
Or take the banana example, now i pin an apple to the wall, is this really an original work?
If it is a proper work i would buy a toilet, smear some grease on it and make lots of money :)

Last edited:

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
I seem to be in a loop with the first combat scenario, I killed all the demons in front of the house, but every time I got back in the combat starts over again with forcing me back outside to fight demons, that aren't there.

Wandered around a bit and haven't seen any other demons, is there a way out?

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
I seem to be in a loop with the first combat scenario, I killed all the demons in front of the house, but every time I got back in the combat starts over again with forcing me back outside to fight demons, that aren't there.

Wandered around a bit and haven't seen any other demons, is there a way out?
there should be 3 waves of enemies that spawn in that combat, you're saying that after the combat nothing happens or that you're able to leave the area and that's messing it up somehow? Either way, I would either reload from before the combat and try to go through the whole thing in one go and see if that works, and if not either toggle combat off and don't deal with it or send your save here and lemme see what's up with it

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
there should be 3 waves of enemies that spawn in that combat, you're saying that after the combat nothing happens or that you're able to leave the area and that's messing it up somehow? Either way, I would either reload from before the combat and try to go through the whole thing in one go and see if that works, and if not either toggle combat off and don't deal with it or send your save here and lemme see what's up with it
does the game have an ingame guide? I HATE having to look outside the game for an idea of what to do break immersion a lot of the times

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes