Sylvanos

May 22, 2020
Currently soft locked. Accidentally entered school at the wrong time and missed sign ups and lunch. Now I can’t leave until I complete my classes but I can’t go to class until I find girls who don’t seem to be where they’re supposed to be. Any clues?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Currently soft locked. Accidentally entered school at the wrong time and missed sign ups and lunch. Now I can’t leave until I complete my classes but I can’t go to class until I find girls who don’t seem to be where they’re supposed to be. Any clues?
Confused about how you could miss signing up for class in the gym and lunch... You don't have any classes or have lunch until after going into the gym by going left in the first hallway after entering the school building on the day you are supposed to register after Leslie drives you to the school.

If you are actually soft-locked - load your most recent save prior to entering the school and try again.

Sylvanos

May 22, 2020
Confused about how you could miss signing up for class in the gym and lunch... You don't have any classes or have lunch until after going into the gym by going left in the first hallway after entering the school building on the day you are supposed to register after Leslie drives you to the school.

If you are actually soft-locked - load your most recent save prior to entering the school and try again.
So what happened is I tried the race, lost, checked the quest log that Id find the answer at school. So I went to the school myself at 11. It let me in with the warning thatI can’t leave until I’ve finished all classes but I can’t do that now. Problem is I tend to keep only one save otherwise I get mixed up and I saved upon entering the school so Iguess I’ll have to start over on another day when I feel up to starting over.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
a hero have a save pls?
(Copy/paste from when I have already answered this question for many people)
Make sure you have your Search results preferences set to "most recent" first.

First Second Third Fourth page of results (partially because people ask before searching):

(first page if you search for v0.5.5 save)
Yes, the "beta" save will work for the "public" version

Feb 22, 2022
(Copy/paste from when I have already answered this question for many people)
Make sure you have your Search results preferences set to "most recent" first.

First Second Third Fourth page of results (partially because people ask before searching):

(first page if you search for v0.5.5 save)
Yes, the "beta" save will work for the "public" version
totally forgot you could use the search bar like that, thnx for the tip

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
downloaded a few times now - won't let me unzip at all, not even through Terminal.
Which site did you download from and are you sure it gave you a .zip file (it should be DD_V05_5_1_PC.zip - DD_V05_5_1_Linux.zip - DD_V05_5_1_Mac.zip)? You're the first person since the update released almost a month ago that is reporting something like this, so it must be on your end in some way.

Extra123456

Jul 8, 2021
Which site did you download from and are you sure it gave you a .zip file (it should be DD_V05_5_1_PC.zip - DD_V05_5_1_Linux.zip - DD_V05_5_1_Mac.zip)? You're the first person since the update released almost a month ago that is reporting something like this, so it must be on your end in some way.
I don't doubt it is likely from my end - so I downloaded the Mac Zip - i actually tried the GDrive, Anonfile and GoFIle links to do so (Mega was being an ass and Mixdrop link kept bringing up a warning about the website). The original message being something about space to unzip too and then with the Terminal - it would continue to say 'permission denied'

Zakko

Lead Dev of Demon Deals
Game Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Progress Log - 2023/07/02

Development on v.06 is underway! The move was a success, I completed the majority of things that Zakko needed from me, and I've been back at work full-time on the update this past week - and made some pretty good progress!

The writing section is done, which to be fair Moth completed Brenda's scripts months ago but I also got Leslie's done so scripts are a wrap!

Coding is mostly done, there's not a ton to do in Pre-Production, mostly me figuring some new things out for the update - should be wrapped in another day or so.

Art encompasses all the new stuff involved with the update, and I'm burning through it! I'm realizing that for the most part it felt like the first x.5 update didn't require a ton of new stuff, since we were dealing with the family and most of their look and feel is already established, but for .05 and now .06 it feels like I need a ton of stuff for them! I've been making a bunch of new maps, some items, and new character sprites this week, I have a couple left but will be working to complete the new bust art for everyone involved this coming week, and should be able to jump into actual Production next week.

Speaking of Production, I'm gonna try something different this time and see if it speeds up my workflow at all. How I usually work is I do one event at a time and rotate tasks - coding, animation, then art. This time I'm going to do everything in one go - all the coding, then all the animations, then all the art. My hope is that by not switching tasks as often it'll speed me up a little, but who knows.

- Breadman
Progress_Log_1.png

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes