Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I'm begging for help. English is a strange language for me and I don't really understand some things. I was stuck in the mountains. what's the deal with misty maze? how to go through it to find everything? and what to do with this barrier later? Help me, I'm begging you. So far I've been able to cope on my own. But now I'm stuck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I just posted this to Patreon, but since there are plenty who don't follow me there...

Posting it here too:

Dear Patrons,
First I want to preface this that barring any sort of medical emergency, chapter 3 will still be completed and delivered on time.
As some of you in the Discord already know, I experienced a moment of panic as I desperately tried to save my files.

In short, I updated Twine, which unexpectedly changed the storage location and moved all of my files to a temporary folder. After the update complete confirmation appeared (though I later found out it never updated at all), I discovered that all of my stories were gone.

Upon checking the source files, I found that everything had disappeared, including all of my games (some of which were very slow works in progress at various stages of completion, ranging from 1-20%, but without any art).

I attempted to use a recovery tool to salvage my files, but unfortunately, my NVME M.2 drive had already corrupted most of the deleted data.

The story outline for Demon Gods, along with well over 10 pre-written scenes I had planned for the future, were lost. While I remember the majority of the outline, there may be some minor plot points or written details that I forget to include, potentially leading to occasional consistency errors. If you discover any, please feel free to point them out to me and I'll try and repair what I can.

Regrettably, my backups were also corrupted, with the exception of some older backups for the main game. However, I had been irresponsible by not backing up the other games I was working on, and as a result, all but one of those projects are now gone.

Additionally, all of the original high-quality images for Demon Gods were lost, although this is not a significant issue as I have been releasing the game at 75% quality to save space, which is nearly indistinguishable from the original.

I was also working on a side game where the player takes on the role of a slime in a dungeon, gradually becoming the evil overlord. Unfortunately, that project is now completely gone.

Furthermore, all of the work I had done over the past two weeks on update version 0.52 has been lost (I will be out of town for a week starting thursday to celebrate my wifes birthday. I had worked overtime to try and complete more ahead of schedule), along with multiple story ideas, outlines, and short stories I had written over the past two years.

I am heartbroken by this, but I want to reassure you all that version 0.52 will still be released on time and will not be rushed. I am committed to dedicating extra time and effort to replace what was lost and complete chapter 3 as planned.

TL;DR while I have lost a significant amount of work and am heartbroken by this setback, I will be working extra hard and doubling the amount of time I spend on the game to ensure that I release the update as scheduled.

Thank you for your continued support.
Sincerely,
Your friendly Panomnom

• Sad
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I just posted this to Patreon, but since there are plenty who don't follow me there...

Posting it here too:
I suppose you don't need me pointing out that as a dev, backups are your bread and butter.
I've seen SOOOOOO many of you end up like you because they didn't take backing up their work seriously enough or at all, that it's basically hilarious at this point. If only it wasn't such a waste of effort and time, i would be laughing loudly indeed right now. :whistle::coffee:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I suppose you don't need me pointing out that as a dev, backups are your bread and butter.
I've seen SOOOOOO many of you end up like you because they didn't take backing up their work seriously enough or at all, that it's basically hilarious at this point. If only it wasn't such a waste of effort and time, i would be laughing loudly indeed right now. :whistle::coffee:
So I had backups, but I wasn't on top of them as I should have been. For a person with ADHD I think I'm pretty well organized, but it is still a struggle.

Demon Gods only lost slightly less than 2 weeks of work because I had backups.

Still a lot because I had powered through quite a bit this month so I could take my wife on a trip.

But I failed to backup the game as regularly as I should or setup automatic updates. (I'll be updating to git daily from now on).

As for the other games, I should have setup backups for them but I guess I just never got around to it, didn't really think about it.

And for whatever reason I never setup backups for my pre-written scenes / outline / etc.
I thought I at least had them on a seperate drive, but I can't find them.

So thanks to some backups, my suffering isn't quite as severe. But redoing everything from the past 2 weeks makes me pretty depressed.

Losing some of those side stories like the slime overlord game makes me sad.

I'm pretty sure losing the outline for Demon Gods won't harm me that bad, I've pretty much got the entire story memorized in my head and I have made various changes to it as I went along anyways.

Losing the timeline sucks, especially because there was already a timeline event I was trying to fix.

Losing the pre-written scenes sucks.

What really makes me sad is losing a couple of games I hadn't backed up (I blame myself), and a couple of short stories I had written out for this chapter. One of which involving a witch that I was pretty happy with. I'll try and rewrite it as best I can, but I'm not super confident it'll come out as well.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Losing some of those side stories like the slime overlord game makes me sad.
About that, i'd suggest trying something other than the well-known monsters.
There are thousands of various different monsters yet somehow everyone keeps using the well-known ones. Just... why? :ROFLMAO::coffee:

You can even create your own unique monster with its own unique abilities.
Also demon lord doesn't have to be the final destination either. :whistle::coffee:

I'll try and rewrite it as best I can, but I'm not super confident it'll come out as well.
Try your best, if you already wrote many cool stories then surely you can do so again. :giggle::coffee:
Oh and if you need some inspiration, try my manga thread. You can find the link in my profile if you're interested.
I like fantasy a lot so i've read and collected in my thread a whole bunch. :giggle::coffee:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
About that, i'd suggest trying something other than the well-known monsters.
There are thousands of various different monsters yet somehow everyone keeps using the well-known ones. Just... why? :ROFLMAO::coffee:

You can even create your own unique monster with its own unique abilities.
Also demon lord doesn't have to be the final destination either. :whistle::coffee:
Yeah, there aren't a lot of games where you play as a villain (I'm not including rape content / etc), so I've been wanting to do that.
Also I wanted to do something different with slimes that I slightly touched on in DG.

Succubi are my favorite, but I'm trying not to overuse them, haha.

Try your best, if you already wrote many cool stories then surely you can do so again. :giggle::coffee:
Oh and if you need some inspiration, try my manga thread. You can find the link in my profile if you're interested.
I like fantasy a lot so i've read and collected in my thread a whole bunch. :giggle::coffee:
I read a lot, whether it's manga, light novels, or novels by people like GRRM or Brandon Sanderson.
So I am always happy to accept suggestions of new stuff to read. :)

Fantasy is also my favorite subject.

Side note, I was able to recover an older story outline.
It's missing tons of edits, but it's better than nothing.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Yeah, there aren't a lot of games where you play as a villain (I'm not including rape content / etc), so I've been wanting to do that.
Also I wanted to do something different with slimes that I slightly touched on in DG.
I agree, and i like playing as the villain (not ones who are little more than petty sandbags for the heroes to punch around though) so i'm all for those kinds of stories. But that slime story sounded like the popular anime; 'Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken' so people would probably wonder whether or not you just yoinked the premise. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Succubi are my favorite, but I'm trying not to overuse them, haha.
That would be difficult, since everyone and their mother and their mother's mother is using succubi everywhere like it's going out of style.
Well, i guess being a sex demon can do that to you lol. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
I agree, and i like playing as the villain (not ones who are little more than petty sandbags for the heroes to punch around though) so i'm all for those kinds of stories. But that slime story sounded like the popular anime; 'Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken' so people would probably wonder whether or not you just yoinked the premise. :ROFLMAO::coffee:
Haha, I see what you mean.

It actually started off as a hero defeated by the evil overlord then kinda "respawns" at the lowest level of the dungeon. (Which I know for a fact has been done in manga, but not sure if it's been done in any games).

I wanted you to become to evil overlord in the first half by taking over the dungeon, then the other half of the game would be protecting your dungeon from new heroes.

Might be blind, but didn't see the link in your profile. Feel free to send it my way though if you'd like.

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Might be blind, but didn't see the link in your profile. Feel free to send it my way though if you'd like.
In the 'About' tab, in the 'Random stuff' spoiler. Here you go, the post below op in the spoilers. :whistle::coffee:
I wanted you to become to evil overlord in the first half by taking over the dungeon, then the other half of the game would be protecting your dungeon from new heroes.
Sounds like a generic premise but could potentially be quite fun, depending on what you'll let the player do in the dungeon, with the dungeon, to and with the dungeon's denizens, and to the invaders. :devilish::coffee:

There's also this interesting premise i've been seeing in manga and anime, the idea goes like this: The dungeon is actually a massive monster that feeds on dead bodies in order to grow. It generates treasure to lure in prey, and it creates monsters to kill that prey.
A dungeon will usually have a dungeon core, destroy that and dungeon dies.
I've even read about the possibility of consuming a dungeon core to obtain its powers and possibly ownership over the dungeon.
You could really go wild with dungeons, a lot of possibilities, i'm never bored whenever i read about detailed dungeon mechanics in the various dungeon-focused mangas i stumble upon from time to time. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: Panonon

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Yeah.

There's another one I've been working on with quirky humor that I intend to be fairly short but multiple characters to choose from.

It'll probably be a straight forward VN though, but I haven't figured out how I want to handle "quests" yet.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
but I haven't figured out how I want to handle "quests" yet.
For a VN i'd create a hub, things like taverns/bars/clubs work well, put various patrons in there who will offer various quests.

Most of the lazy bastards around here can't be arsed to go look for quests, after all. :sneaky::coffee:
So having a quest hub, especially in a short VN, is a great idea.

Reactions: rKnight

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
For a VN i'd create a hub, things like taverns/bars/clubs work well, put various patrons in there who will offer various quests.

Most of the lazy bastards around here can't be arsed to go look for quests, after all. :sneaky::coffee:
So having a quest hub, especially in a short VN, is a great idea.
Well by quests I mean that you'll be given a weekly task that you must complete.

The player can fail, but I haven't decided on if I want to give them a hub that they can explore for all 5 quests and pass time for the week.
Or if I want to do it as a more straight forward visual novel on the rails. No exploration / sandbox elements. Just story.

In both cases, I also haven't decided how I want to handle the quests, I'm pretty sure I'm not adding RPG elements / etc to this game. I mostly just want to focus on story this time, without having to add generic filler content.

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Happy to see that you're coming out on top of that disaster.
So, I was wondering if you knew about Anlatan for AI image generation? They've been working on a crazy anime-focused branch. It's tailored toward making anime images and doesn't have that tell-tale sign of "THIS IS STABLE DIFFUSION" that happens when you use the anime version of it. I've been using it for a while since I originally followed them when it was Novel AI during the collapse of AI Dungeon. It recently got an amazing new diffusion model.

But... you're also pretty locked into this style at this point. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

E: was messing around with it and you can achieve the same style by putting tags "ai-generated, ai-assisted, " in the prompt. Actually kinda funny making it look more ai-assisted to keep with consistency.

Last edited:

Panonon

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
and the problem of solving the thunder puzzle. which I don't touch, I end up at home with zero energy. I talked to Yuki and I'm still stupid...
Thunder puzzle solution is

So, I was wondering if you knew about Anlatan for AI image generation?
I've heard of it, but I have never used it.

Nijiji / midjourney is currently the best AI out there, I think. But I don't want to pay for a sub for something that is censored.

Celebrius

Mar 7, 2019
Anlatan is definitely not censored, I made some spicy images last night. Example attached, not edited by hand.

But yeah, just wanted to throw it out there for you. They use a custom developed branch of Stable Diffusion and I've seen and gotten some amazing results out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panonon

reso

Dec 2, 2018
In the mountains, finding the The Straight but Dim Path unlocks the Narrow Path, and vice versa.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes