VN Others Completed Demonheart [v1.61] [Rolling Crown]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
To be fair though, there is a sequel on Steam. It's Demonheart Hunters and continues the story. At the start, it also asks asks about two choices you made in the last game, so a little bit carries over.

It doesn't play anything like this first game though; the second game is turn-based RPGMaker content.
reading is hard ikr. :WeSmart:

Akkarin69

Feb 16, 2018
I actually liked the story. It had some really interesting turning points- you may see some of them coming, but some took me still by surprise. I also liked the choices they gave me. Sure, most of them didn't changed much beside the epilogue, but still.

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
Interesting. I thought it was edgy at the time and handled it well if I remember right. I really thought it was disturbing in a good way. The relationship was then tainted and it had to be rebuilt if I remember. It's been a LONG time. I personally hate rape scenes that the protagonist enjoys being raped, because of many obvious reasons.
If I remember right, she had said she was in a pretty bad state mentally when she did the module and has come to be against the rape it had.
The game was blatantly inspired by another infamous rape fantasy module for NWN "a dance with rogues". While never explicitly declared, she at least admitted to have played it in her blog.
Another story inwhich the dev try to shove the relationship between the rapist and the protagonist down your troath, and making all other romance candidate look like unmanly, uncaring, stupid, betrayers, and stuff like that. For a "revenge type" like me it was kinda cringy (same reason i don't like many corruption/blackmail games). I even hated the fact that to complete some subquest was necessary to whore the princess to the invaders that killed her family and conquered her kingdom.

Reactions: FFFFFACK

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
The game was blatantly inspired by another infamous rape fantasy module for NWN "a dance with rogues". While never explicitly declared, she at least admitted to have played it in her blog.
Another story inwhich the dev try to shove the relationship between the rapist and the protagonist down your troath, and making all other romance candidate look like unmanly, uncaring, stupid, betrayers, and stuff like that. For a "revenge type" like me it was kinda cringy (same reason i don't like many corruption/blackmail games). I even hated the fact that to complete some subquest was necessary to whore the princess to the invaders that killed her family and conquered her kingdom.
Ohh I know what you are talking about but remember it very differently.

Well for the first of it's type, I thought A Dance with Rogues was amazing. The rape at the start wasn't soft, it was brutal. This wasn't the stupid ohhhh I love being raped shit, but a loss of innocence. I thought it was done extremely well, so much so that I have rarely seen rape used in a game that well as that scene.

Note that was the only scene in that game that was an inescapable rape scene. The rest were pretty much prostitution, because the main character was a whore spy... So yeah the princess fucks the enemy so she can get her revenge. For a sex story game it actually makes sense unlike almost every game on this site... The other scenes with rape were avoidable, which I actually thought were unrealistic in a few scenes where the enemy SHOULD rape the princess but don't.

As for the the original dude that raped the princess, I thought the creator did a good job showing that it was a moment of madness. At that point it is your choice to forgive him or pretty much ignore him the rest of the entire game. You 100% can ignore him and in my play through, I never forgave him.

As for corruption games, most are garbage. They make no sense, and they are an excuse to have sexual violence, but most lack the skill to make it make sense. While I actually enjoy sexual violence in fiction, it has to make sense. A virgin enjoying vaginal sex the first time is rare, even more rare if the dick is big. On top of that, it's basically impossible for a virgin to enjoy being raped, but most games portray it that way because they don't want the player to feel bad. The thing is, rape is vile and people should feel bad when they see it, like it was in a Dance with Rogues.

Note a Dance with Rogues isn't a corruption game, it's a prostitution spy thriller. The princess was not a fighter, she is a teenage spy who uses sex as a tool to get revenge. Sadly the second act and especially 3rd act aren't as good. The story becomes nonsensical, and just an excuse to have sex which isn't good.

I'm sad you didn't enjoy it as much as me, but we all have different tastes and expectations.

Last edited:

Someone

Jun 3, 2017
Note a Dance with Rogues isn't a corruption game, it's a prostitution spy thriller. The princess was not a fighter, she is a teenage spy who uses sex as a tool to get revenge. Sadly the second act and especially 3rd act aren't as good. The story becomes nonsensical, and just an excuse to have sex which isn't good.

I'm sad you didn't enjoy it as much as me, but we all have different tastes and expectations.
Third act? There is only 2 modules. And the second is much more action/fight oriented.
I know is not a corruption game. I'm just saying that i hate the idea of a player character that don't fight back when mistreated. This is why i feel frustrating that the rapist is basically the one true romance option, even if avoidable. And how she have no problem bedding the invaders. And this is what happen with many corruption games with the "heroine" falling for the people who blackmail, rape, and stuff to her. I want revenge!

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Third act? There is only 2 modules.
Maybe my memory is wrong. I thought there was a 3rd unfinished mod. Guess I was mistaken. Anyways the 2nd module was not as good if I remember. Odd I really remember playing a 3rd one... Ohhh welll it was so long ago, ill blame age LOL.

And this is what happen with many corruption games with the "heroine" falling for the people who blackmail, rape, and stuff to her. I want revenge!
Well we are in agreement there.

Corruption works for me until you get to a point where the protagonist enjoys it. That breaks all sense of immersion. People don't enjoy being raped, and the writing needs to be god tier to make that work. What works and makes sense is that the protagonist puts up with the harassment for a goal. She degrades herself so in the end she can get revenge.

This is why i feel frustrating that the rapist is basically the one true romance option, even if avoidable.
In my play through I never forgave him and kept him at arms distance at all times. I romanced the female you whore yourself to for the first time as a lesson. Let me look her up, Pia. I thought she was the true romance LOL.

Reactions: Elli Wölfin

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'd certainly argue that there were three stanzas in the two modules of ADWR: the city story line, the fleeing story line, and the revenge/no revenge story line. The latter is short but does culminate the series and includes highly consequential choices.

It was great storytelling and I liked how the player's udnderstanding of what happened at the start of the story changes over time.

wkbuilder

Aug 19, 2017
Maybe my memory is wrong. I thought there was a 3rd unfinished mod. Guess I was mistaken. Anyways the 2nd module was not as good if I remember. Odd I really remember playing a 3rd one... Ohhh welll it was so long ago, ill blame age LOL.
You might be think of A Dance With Spies, which is written by a different modder.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes