VN - Ren'Py - Den of the Defiant [Ch. 1] [Purplexel]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Dessolos

For those wanting some fast lewds while there is 2 lewds scenes. I think it will be some time before the MC can have sex because of story reasons.

This Game being an iseaki story is a big plus for me there isnt enough of those on this site.
    The story has a good start to it but need more content to judge it. However for 1 chapter there is alot of content. The 2 lewd scenes I thought the animations were pretty damn good and the sex sounds in this didn't feel annoying but made the lewd scenes feel more immersive.

The only negative so far about this game for me is this.

Some of the dialogue, mostly the beginning of the game, comes across as a bit boring because our MC knows nothing of the human world. The MC is being taught simple tasks like how to do dishes, what a basketball is etc etc. I get it it’s part of the story cause he does need to learn but it does still come across as boring, but after the first in game day or so that becomes less of a problem for me.

Overall a solid game for a 1st chapter but I need to see more before I can give it a 4 or 5 star.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

merleved

Fantastic game, albeit early. Fun story, well-developed and earnest character portrayals. Nice worldbuilding. Really delightful and eye-catching LIs, in many cases because they are so natural and 'real.' Charming imperfections like freckles, moles, slightly mismatched nipples, pubic hair (still trimmed, but more than you often see in these games. I'd be THRILLED, personally, if some could be hairier), etc.

Unique and fairly interesting take on the MC-as-Demon motif. There's a lot of heart to the game.

Also some peeping/toilet scenes, which are so damned rare but so enjoyable. I'm not personally a fan of 'watersports', but some voyeuristic peeks at girls on the toilet is a fun kink and it is executed remarkably well here. Twice thus far and hopefully more instances to come.

Really looking forward to seeing this game's progress.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

honeryx

I can only rank what's here already on the first release. So far there is some story setup, some lore, the demon, the girls, and the location. Art looks solid, although I don't think any of the girls look sexy per se.

There are two lewd scenes so far, the very beginning with the demons fucking, and then later on when the demon performs cunnilingus on one of the girls. Choices don't really do anything so far outside of seeing a girl urinate or only hearing it. There isn't a choice so far in what you do or what LI if any to pursue, it's essentially a kinetic novel thus far, with some meaningless choices here and there that may raise affection or witch or demon points, which we don't know what they do yet nor is there any in game tally for anything.

Maybe things get added later on. As of now, no gameplay loop and not satisfying as an adult game. In fact it kind of seems like it's going out of its way to prevent lewd scenes---the MC gets an impotence spell cast on him, the girls all seem like prudes. The one girl wanted oral sex so good for her, don't know about the rest of them, so far they seem to be the purest most childish witches you've ever heard of, even though they summoned a demon and made him impotent for reasons.

There's supposedly a bonding spell that makes MC very obedient and servile, but all that does is make the writing boring and lacking any sexual edge. He is just really wimpy and simpy, and this is from someone that prefers femdom in his games so it's not like I'm going to just hate the content. It's just boring as it is right now.

There might be potential but that's the problem with small early releases that want to slow burn or whatever. Gotta have content and show that it's an adult game to hook people.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

grisax

Got me hooked from the very beginning, I hope the game will take off. Even though the whole premise is not really original and results in typical scenario of MC living with harem of girls who have hots for him, the execution is so good, that alltogether it's very enjoyable experience.
    The group dynamics is great, funny, witty, the interactions between the girls are unfortunately very few later on.
    + Scenes contain undressing. For such an erotic activity, it's completely ignored in almost all 3dcg games I've played.
    + Not very predictable and coherent at the same time
    + Good pace of serving lewd stuff
    + Lot of content for 1st release
    + Variety of body types and quite cute sweet faces
    - Seems it's gonna be absolute vanilla, which is a shame
    - Player choices are stupid and meaningless most of time. Either peek/not peek kind or checking whether you were paying attention by asking what was said few dialogue lines above. Repeatedly. What's the point, especially when if wrong choice selected, you can just roll back by pressing single key?
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tetrisdude

Truly amazing game. I haven't enjoyed an AVN as much as this one in a long time here on F95 Zone. And the craftsmanship that went into this game really shows. Now I'm dying to play Ch. 2 and can't wait!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

Was very hesitant at first about this type of game, it usually isn't my thing but I'm glad I rolled the dice on Den of the Defiant.

Story:

Again, playing demon was hard to warm up to at first but the story and characters changed all of that for me. The writing is good so far, it features a cool cast of characters as witches, Cindy and Beth are neck and neck as my best girl. We're summoned and will serve the coven of witches, for now at least. You can be submissive and cater to the coven or give in to your true nature. Evelyn punishing Beth at the end made me livid yet aroused. But payback for her has to be in the plans for the future. There's mystery and conflict. You were spellbound and can't use your dick so that makes things very interested especially considering your surrounded by fertile women of all ages.

Renders:

Looked superb, I can't complain.

Models:

Love their look, not too heavy on the beauty queen trope but these ladies are still very much beautiful. It's the perfect balance.

Characters:

Sweet, funny, charming, shy are all attributes that describe these characters. I enjoy everyone so far including the main character which is rare for me. Beth and Cindy are goated.

Dialogue:

No real complaints in this department.

Overall:

Check it out, I liked so hopefully this gets traction and a lot of support. I wish consistency and prosperity towards the Dev and this project. Don't abandon it...Stick and move....