• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Depicting children

GeezM

Apr 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
What are your thoughts about depicting children as the not involved NPC or even part of the background with no possible interaction. Let's say that there is a story/game about young couple with newborn. Is this allowed on patreon and could you post here examples of such projects.
Cheers

Edit: if wrong forum, please move this thread

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As long as they are clothed and not involved in sex at all then it's fine.

People don't have a problem with kids being in games except if they are there for sex purposes.

That's not a patreon exclusive thing though, it's the law in some countries. Here in the UK if it looks at all like a child it's classed as ********** and comes with jail time.

Doesn't matter if it's a 3000 year old fairy with the body of a child, if it looks like a child and it's involved in sex it's **********.

As long as it's not involved in anything to do with sex you'll be fine.

GeezM

Apr 5, 2018
As long as they are clothed and not involved in sex at all then it's fine.

People don't have a problem with kids being in games except if they are there for sex purposes.

That's not a patreon exclusive thing though, it's the law in some countries. Here in the UK if it looks at all like a child it's classed as ********** and comes with jail time.

Doesn't matter if it's a 3000 year old fairy with the body of a child, if it looks like a child and it's involved in sex it's **********.

As long as it's not involved in anything to do with sex you'll be fine.
Thanks for your answer, I'm aware of that and I've never had intentions of creating ********** or anything erotic involving children. I'm just curious is it allowed to depict children as the not involved character or the background of action because I didn't encounter such games yet so if you know any could you name it?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Coceter Chronicles has a few kids in it. 2 you meet in the main story, Keena and Keegan, and an orphanage with some kids you can talk to.

Finding Miranda has a scene with a young Miranda and Chloe.

Roundscape Adorevia has a couple of kids here and there. I know there is one you can talk to at the start to help promote/slander the magic shop.

Reactions: GeezM

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Thanks for your answer, I'm aware of that and I've never had intentions of creating ********** or anything erotic involving children. I'm just curious is it allowed to depict children as the not involved character or the background of action because I didn't encounter such games yet so if you know any could you name it?

You can open a pediatric ward and visit children. Your nephew is very young too.

Reactions: GeezM

GeezM

Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for your replies. Well, in that case there are more this kind of staff then I expected.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017

You can open a pediatric ward and visit children. Your nephew is very young too.
In my game children are not sexually depicted at all and avoid all sexual situations when on screen.
In pediatric exams you can't undress a child more than allowing him to keep his underwear on.

I just wanted to clarify it so people who don't follow the forum or my game don't get wrong ideas. I'm developing an adult themed simulation visual novel.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
In my game children are not sexually depicted at all and avoid all sexual situations when on screen.
In pediatric exams you can't undress a child more than allowing him to keep his underwear on.

I just wanted to clarify it so people who don't follow the forum or my game don't get wrong ideas. I'm developing an adult themed simulation visual novel.
I was under the impression that it was clear enough since in this thread we are talking about adult games with children NOT sexually depicted. However you are right better safer than sorry.