Ren'Py Abandoned Derge Quest [Prototype v2] [DergeProductions]

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
1321589_main_menu.png

Overview:
This is a prototype game, dress up game, video game asset generator able to create free to use and commercial use art, and education tool for learning indie game development and coding. It's going to take effort, time, and work, but I hope you can enjoy it and utilize it as it does. God knows I would have leapt at the opportunity to have one of these when I was starting out!​

Thread Updated: 2021-07-18
Release Date: 2021-07-18
Developer: DergeProductions F95Zone - - -
Censored: No
Version: Prototype v2
Language: English
Other Games: Aeos: The NSFW Adventure Generator
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac: - - -

1322197_screenshot0075.png 1322196_screenshot0074.png 1322195_screenshot0073.png

Last edited by a moderator:

RenGames69

Dev of "Full Moon"
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020
It reminds me of my first try on developing a game. And I tried to do it myself, despite I've never draw before. Good luck with the game, and try to save some money to employ some artist.

Reactions: Dergeproductions

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Dergeproductions here is the game thread.
Thanks. I can work on things from here.

Derge after seeing those graphics,

View attachment 1300997
Prototype. Made it in a night. I am working on the first update now which will clean up the text.

"Video game asset generator"? Kinda feels more like a video game liability generator.
Ok. You can explain why you would think that.

Fittingly enough isn’t a Dirge a lament for the dead…
I believe it is.

It reminds me of my first try on developing a game. And I tried to do it myself, despite I've never draw before. Good luck with the game, and try to save some money to employ some artist.
K. (You can literally check my other threads and see that its not. I made this in a night. Small little prototype. The first update is almost ready.)

Never been this happy to see the "no sexual content" tag
The actual game will have nudity. I am building it in now. Just bear with me. I really didn't want to make this a big deal or project, that's why i put prototype so I can do it over time. That doesn't look for people like it's gonna work so I will do a nice big update right away.

Is f95 accepting applications for children’s drawing competition?
I will work on the art. Just putting this together still.

Derge can save me instead... Fucking hell that Digimon-looking dinosaur...
Okay.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I have to ask, what is the appeal of your... "program" over things such as Unity, Ren'py, or (ugh) RPGM?
RPGM is for individuals who dont want to code. You have more power to create what you want from imagination. My program will just teach you to use Ren'Py. Sorry I didn't update it. Took the weekend off. Give me 5 and I will update the prototype a bit more, as a minor update. I will work on the rest later. It
will still make more sense now.

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
Looks at Succubus Senki, Monster Girl Quest: Paradox, Succubus in Wonderland series, etc

Uh...
Providing top end examples doesn't change the fact that the intention of the product is to produce an engine with a zero coding requirement in it's interface.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
I can provide examples of more complex projects where RPGM was used to great effect, when the supposed purpose of the tool was a "zero coding requirement." Well, let's look at what others have had to say on the topic.

Specifically, the top post:

Define Coding -

I say that because the basic RPGMaker engine includes lots of coding concepts, only gussied up by making them checkboxes or button pushes - but it's still helpful to think of them in coding terms.

You've got flags and variables, IF:ELSE statements, events have toggles and so on.

You don't have to sit there and type out code, you don't have to even modify code, and it's possible you'll make something simple without even realizing that you're learning basic coding behaviors.

So in that regard, I can say that it does make you use coding... but odds are pretty good you won't notice if you weren't already primed to notice.
I would argue by that definition, it does qualify as coding, but a highly simplified version for ease of access with amateur devs. It's like how most programmers prefer iOS simply because Macs tend to have a higher consistency across the board and a broader range of capabilities than most other operating systems. It's basically if the Mac did all your programming and all you had to do is type in the command for what you wanted it to do.

Two sources that, at worst, contest your perspective. Not a strong position to hold, but I digress.

If, as you claim, this is just a modified ren'py engine, why would someone want to use it? What's the benefit over that person simply using ren'py and putting the time and effort in to make it do what they want it to do? I'm legitimately curious what about your engine puts it above the existing ones. Also, I think your dismissive attitude towards RPGM is a bit toxic. I think if an engine were simplified so users don't feel overwhelmed over time, then the developer of that engine has actually provided the game dev community a huge asset.

I feel like if you can't answer my questions directly, then your engine probably isn't that good. I'm the most basic consumer of your product, the player who wants to know why I should promote your product to devs as an alternative. If I have no confidence in your product, why should a dev care about it?

Reactions: Dergeproductions

Dergeproductions

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2021
I can provide examples of more complex projects where RPGM was used to great effect, when the supposed purpose of the tool was a "zero coding requirement." Well, let's look at what others have had to say on the topic.

Specifically, the top post:

I would argue by that definition, it does qualify as coding, but a highly simplified version for ease of access with amateur devs. It's like how most programmers prefer iOS simply because Macs tend to have a higher consistency across the board and a broader range of capabilities than most other operating systems. It's basically if the Mac did all your programming and all you had to do is type in the command for what you wanted it to do.

Two sources that, at worst, contest your perspective. Not a strong position to hold, but I digress.

If, as you claim, this is just a modified ren'py engine, why would someone want to use it? What's the benefit over that person simply using ren'py and putting the time and effort in to make it do what they want it to do? I'm legitimately curious what about your engine puts it above the existing ones. Also, I think your dismissive attitude towards RPGM is a bit toxic. I think if an engine were simplified so users don't feel overwhelmed over time, then the developer of that engine has actually provided the game dev community a huge asset.

I feel like if you can't answer my questions directly, then your engine probably isn't that good. I'm the most basic consumer of your product, the player who wants to know why I should promote your product to devs as an alternative. If I have no confidence in your product, why should a dev care about it?
What are you doing? Stop. It's not a modified Ren'Py engine. It's a game that teaches you to code, and eventually, will provide free to use assets with an inexpensive commercial license for a vast amount of art, music, writing, and other various things an indie dev needs. I am sorry if you don't agree about RPG maker, but I'm not going to state something thats incorrect or an opinion of yourself.

The FACT is the program is intend for individuals to use with little to no coding REQUIRED. Which you actually proved in your comment:

"... It's basically if the Mac did all your programming and all you had to do is type in the command for what you wanted it to do..." translates into an interface that uses little or know need for coding. Hence what I said was actually correct. And this is coming from someone who spent thousands of hours of his own time to learn to code, and has tried RPGM.

I have no idea why you would try and argue that the program is something it isn't. So, again, to summarize: This is not an engine, nor is it intended to modify Ren'PY. And RPG MAKER is designed for people with little to no experience to code, to be able to inferace with little to no coding while building there game. IF you have examples of people who went further than that and decided to anyway: Neat. Everything above remains correct and true though.

• Angry
Reactions: NinjaNamedBob