Mod Ren'Py Desert Stalker [v0.16b] [Zetan] Walkthrough & Gallery Unlock Mod [AdanGC Mods] [Ripson]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
Please write about the result afterwards. I think this will be useful for those who don't have v0.16b, but want to play with the mod.

And I will clarify that you will need to copy not only the scripts folder to v0.16c, but the entire mod. The ModOptions.rpy file is needed for the mod itself to work. In short, everything is as usual when you use a mod from AdanGC, only for version 0.16c :)
Initial testing was a success. The game launched and started playing just fine. That was as far as I got on my PC. I'm archiving the 0.16b-c mod hybrid into a ZIP file to move over to my iPhone, where I'll actually be playing it. I'll report back on whether that works, too, or if there are any issues with an actual playthrough. So far, all gravy!

Reactions: asero7k

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
The problem with copying the 0.16b mod over a 0.16c installation is that you are overwritting the game original renpy scripts with the modded (older) ones, which actually "downgrades" the version back to 0.16b. You lose all the changes that makes the "c" version an update. In short, you are not going to be able to enjoy ANY of the new "c" version content and animations if you install the old mod over the new verison.

It may work, or it may not, depending on the resource files. But what it is for sure is that you're not going to enjoy any of the newer changes. And another problem is that you might not find out that you botched your installation until the older scripts call for a resource that has been renamed or moved, so it may happen well into the game after several hours of gameplay... :/

Reactions: asero7k

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
The problem with copying the 0.16b mod over a 0.16c installation is that you are overwritting the game original renpy scripts with the modded (older) ones, which actually "downgrades" the version back to 0.16b. You lose all the changes that makes the "c" version an update. In short, you are not going to be able to enjoy ANY of the new "c" version content and animations if you install the old mod over the new verison.

It may work, or it may not, depending on the resource files. But what it is for sure is that you're not going to enjoy any of the newer changes. And another problem is that you might not find out that you botched your installation until the older scripts call for a resource that has been renamed or moved, so it may happen well into the game after several hours of gameplay... :/
That's good to know, I appreciate that. I was actually wondering if I would run into some sort of problem like you referred to; I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that an update comes out before I get to this game (playing Eternum for the first time currently) so that I won't have to worry about it in the first place, but assuming there are no issues and it's just a downgrade from 16c to 16b, from what I've read, 16c was not a massive update that implemented a ton of changes and content, so if I have to play 16b when I finish Eternum, I'll still enjoy it. I appreciate the information!

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
can't just any other modder pick up from where he lifted? i don't think this guy is interested in updating this
The dev, AdanGC Mods, just posted an update to another game yesterday, so he's still active; it's just going to take time, unfortunately. I pray that this one is next! :giggle:

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
The dev, AdanGC Mods, just posted an update to another game yesterday, so he's still active; it's just going to take time, unfortunately. I pray that this one is next! :giggle:
0-16c update happened literally a 1.5 months ago, that's too damn long time for a walkthrough mod release, at this point I assume he is waiting for 0-17 release to be honest...

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
0-16c update happened literally a 1.5 months ago, that's too damn long time for a walkthrough mod release, at this point I assume he is waiting for 0-17 release to be honest...
Some people have IRL that gets in the way, or they've taken on ten too many mods to constantly be keeping up with. It could be that this game is lower on his priority list? Or, maybe you're right and he's just waiting for the next release. Is there an expected timeframe for the next update you know of? Small side note, I'd like to learn the back end of Ren'Py so that I could do these for games I like, but I don't even know where to start.

LokkenJP

Jan 22, 2018
Greetings.

As I was eager to see the updates of the latest version, I've manually merged the changes of Desert Stalker 0.16c into the AdanGC mod. This file attached should be compatible with the latest 0.16c release, including the latest bugfixes and animations, but at the same time adding all changes of AdanGC WT mod. For all intents and purposes, this is AdanGC Mod updated for Desert Stalker 0.16c

This is only a temporal bandaid until we get a proper release by The Man himself. A fanmade version while waiting for the real thing. All credit goes to AdanGC. I take no credit at all as the changes were, as expected, pretty minor.

Hope this help someone else in the meanwhile.

Edited: Had to reupload the first version as I found a bug while testing. Make sure you download the version labeled DesertStalker 0.16c WT+Gallery Mod by AdanGC - Updated by LJP v2

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Greetings.

As I was eager to see the updates of the latest version, I've manually merged the changes of Desert Stalker 0.16c into the AdanGC mod. This file attached should be compatible with the latest 0.16c release, including the latest bugfixes and animations, but at the same time adding all changes of AdanGC WT mod. For all intents and purposes, this is AdanCG Mod updated for Desert Stalker 0.16c

This is only a temporal bandaid until we get a proper release by The Man himself. A fanmade version while waiting for the real thing. All credit goes to AdanGC. I take no credit at all as the changes were, as expected, pretty minor.

Yeah, he said he wasn't going to update his mod until v0.17, so this will have to do for folks until the next update for the game (not the alpha/beta).

hlfwaycrks

Aug 7, 2024
Greetings.

As I was eager to see the updates of the latest version, I've manually merged the changes of Desert Stalker 0.16c into the AdanGC mod. This file attached should be compatible with the latest 0.16c release, including the latest bugfixes and animations, but at the same time adding all changes of AdanGC WT mod. For all intents and purposes, this is AdanCG Mod updated for Desert Stalker 0.16c

Edited: Removed the file temporally as I found a bug. Will update shortly
Thank you for doing this! I am going to bump this game up higher on my list, now. Looking forward to playing it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: LokkenJP

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Greetings.

Edited: Had to reupload the first version as I found a bug while testing. Make sure you download the version labeled DesertStalker 0.16c WT+Gallery Mod by AdanGC - Updated by LJP v2
Thanks a lot for the work you put in, here:
you dropped this.jpg

BTW you have my favorite movie series as pfp as well (y)

Avar

Jun 29, 2018
Greetings.

As I was eager to see the updates of the latest version, I've manually merged the changes of Desert Stalker 0.16c into the AdanGC mod. This file attached should be compatible with the latest 0.16c release, including the latest bugfixes and animations, but at the same time adding all changes of AdanGC WT mod. For all intents and purposes, this is AdanGC Mod updated for Desert Stalker 0.16c

KING!!!

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes