• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Abandoned - Despot Desires [v3.8] [The Armory Sword]

1. F
    5.00 star(s)

Fariel228

Well, to begin with, my favourite genre is 2dcg fantasy and there aren't many games in this genre ( I mean without op brainwashing, or fcking females almost immediatly after meeting them and so on, good plot and graphics). And this one gave me pleasant surprise. Let me explain what the pros of this game are:
    1) Nice graphics
    2) Captivating plot, the mc is not op, everything develops logically and in the right pace(not too slow or too fast, no brainwashing and brainless characters).
    3) Sexy demon queen as your slave :BootyTime:
    4) Possibility to try different routes (domination or love). I personally hope in future there will be added light bdsm, lesbian, and trainer elements in the game.
    5) Shop
    6) Big nice simple beautiful map (although most of locations are blocked)

Cons:
    Very little things to do, I mean maximum 2 hours and you finished the game(all the routes).
    The updates are too small and I need more scenes and development to fully enjoy this awesome story.

Hope guys on patreon can finally cross the 100 subsribers line, so that the developer will finally start to treat this game more seriously and make bigger updates. But I give 5 stars because this game has great potential and I want that more people will notice it and support the author. For now, I will wait for half year and see the state of the game later.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

RenéDescartes

Reviewing version: [v1.6]:

Ohhh boy... where do i begin to review this? No, real serious here, I don't even khow how people here gave this game a four or even five stars, this game only deserves three in it's current state, being really generous about it, since FOR NOW, there are only two short sex scenes on this game (both of them are rape scenes if you may ask). Also the animated tag is a fucking lie, there is no such things as a animated scene on this game.

The idea of this game right from start is how you are going to treat the overlord, with a kind or abusive way and see where it goes. However, due to the really how little content this game has, none of the "routes" so to speak, are going to somewhere. Also the game just ends when you are trying to enjoy it, with no warning of "End of the game update" or something like that, you will just feel that ended for the lack of things to do.

It's strange even to review it because it's just a piece of concept with good art on it and with little content, like 1 to 2 hours of it if you really are going to read every single word. And i will not even go to speak in details about the grammar problems, i will just say that it need some revision on the dialogues (and this is a weird thing, considering that its not a MTL game... and no, it's not bad like a MTL game, however anyone with a good level of english grammar will see how the developer use some sentences in a wrong way ).

I can't recommend right now to someone playing it, get back here after some months (or years) and see for yourself if the game is worthing playing and/or supporting it.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Staerin

This game gets points for nice anime-style artwork. Though, animations... yeah... maybe I missed those... I remember nothing that resembled an animated image (but maybe I was just distracted by the incredibly subpar language skills to notice the animations... who knows).

The most upsetting part of this is the writing (and I don't mean like plot... I mean... the actual words used). I hope (but doubt) that this is another case of bad googlese translations, but it seems like the dev is attempting to use larger words to sound smarter... yet... failing miserably. As an example (no spoilers I swear) very early on you can get three options to choose from of 'back, action, or... conversate' yes, conversate... this IS a real word... in the same sense that ebonics are real words. Every situation (and there are dozens of them) seems like there was a simple and appropriate word... like TALK... that could have been used, but instead was passed up for larger, more complex words (and most the time spelled incorrectly or that don't mean what the dev thought they meant).
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Ser Lordypants

This game looked promising so I gave it a try, but man it was such a huge disappointment.

There's only a tiny amount of content after 7-8 months.

The animated tag was a lie so the "scenes" suck. The few that exist anyway.

There are spelling errors in nearly every sentence. I'm not exaggerating.

It's just so bare. Even the little things like "Hero drew his sword" or "She gave you a hug and pressed her giant tits against your face" Okay, draw these things. Show me something. Come on.

You can tell that it's barely being worked on, and it will never go anywhere. Which is a bummer because it has a nice art style and a cool concept. But you need to put in the work to craft those things into an actual passable game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Fusidrive

For an early version this game is surprisingly good. Strong points are the original and unique art, the music and sound effects. They r top notch. The characters are likable and u get drawn into the story pretty quick. The interactions between the Overlord and the Hero in the Love route is a particular strong point.

What drags it down a bit are the frequent typos and wording errors. It's not immersion breaking, but something that needs to be fixed. I also kept running into an error bcos "Noon" was not defined. Hopefully that can be fixed in the next release. But by far and away my biggest problem with the game is the text speed. The Renpy Text speed slider seems to do nothing and the text is displayed much slower than I prefer. Hopefully that mistake is corrected in the future.

Despite the shortcomings I am still giving it 5 stars for now considering the originality of art and plot.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

lostraven

A promising little game.
    The artwork is nice overall and the 'Hero' and 'Overlord's' interactions are by far the best aspect of the game. Particularly charming stuff in the romance route.

The game still needs to be fleshed out way more with it's plot and areas, at the moment, it is very 'on the rails.' Some of the artwork does need polishing as well.

So far, what's here is very promising, especially for such a small team with a (currently) low budget.

The review stands at four stars for it's current incarnation but will change if necessary to reflect any changes.

-Kind regards,
    The Taffy Tales Team and the Captain of the Log himself.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Takurah

i'm just a noob when it comes to reviewing things so give me a moment.

i think the game still needs time and support. currently the Alpha does its job it shows some content that i personally like. The hero character seems kinda cold down the "i wanna say evil path" but more heroic on the "good path." that type of writing is cool.

But the main thing i care about is if the chick is hot and anatomically correct in her drawings. Big ass big tits and damn they all fit her body.

will follow on social and hopefully continues cause right now it's a really good play through but it's not "enough" if you feel me.
    5s to if only as a bump.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SoulReaverFo

Great game so far.

Strengths:
    Interesting paths with the hero giving in to the temptation or staying pure.
    Lots of nice choices including the direct approach.
    Ren'py

Biggest weakness:
    Lack of world building, so far the small village is not seen yet, the kingdom might also need a introduction.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

nikxxx

The game at current version is you could say a teaser(I took half star because I wanted to see more ;)) combined with tags it give us an idea of future development of game.
    The devil is hot and temtping, the writing so far is nice as well,I like how they interact with each other and would love to see more of back and forth. It has potential to be a sweet romantic story (like a tsundere overlord) as well different paths like mind break, domination etc.
    In my optioning the art style and music are spot on and what will drive this is how the plot develops.
    Now one thing thats a bit unsettling was the text speed(not a big deal can easily be fixed )
    All in all give it a try it is short right now so won’t take much time and you won’t regret it either.
    Also I might be bit partial towards the game because the moment it started it reminded me of an anime which I saw ages ago and liked a lot (maoyuu maou yuusha). Not saying that the developers are trying to copy it but I personally wouldn’t mind if they take inspiration from it. Eagerly awaiting update.