VN Ren'Py [Dev Journal?] Superheroine's Date Night

Precox

Mar 13, 2019
Okay so I think I have a workable idea for a game. It would be done in Ren'Py naturally with 3D graphics done in Daz Studio (maybe blender if my computer will allow it)

It will have a female protagonist who is a superheroine with mental powers. In her public identity as a supermodel and occasional actress she goes on a date with a guy who turns out to be a total asshole. She promised her friend to give him a chance so she doesn't just ditch him right away.

After suffering through a boring dinner with her date, Kevin, he insists on walking her to his place instead of taking an Uber (or whatever). This is where the game part of the VN starts.

As they walk along the city streets at night they have encounters with different people. In each instance Kevin tries to play the big man and acts out to try and impress our heroine. The encounters include: A dwarfish looking man taking out his trash (he's a champion wrestler and powerlifter), an older black man and his nephews sitting outside (they're just done sparring with each other and the old man is their trainer), two homeless teenage boys (they're runaway mutant twins with ice and fire powers)

Our heroine now has a choice between letting Kevin get his comeuppance and spending the rest of her evening with the victor or using her powers to extricate themselves from the situation. Once you finish that encounter you can jump back to before you made your choice and take the other option.

If you save Kevin from every pitfall you go to his place and after a few drinks the heroine finally has enough with him after he makes anti-superhuman comments to her. She storms out and runs into a crime in progress. Three super crooks are stealing a shipment of experimental weapon components from an armored transport. They are "Big Man" Baker, The Butcher and Candleman. She switches into her superhero outfit and fights them using her powers. This sequence is a simple rock-paper-scissors game with your mental powers versus their superpowers. To win you must beat each of them in a best of three series.

If you lose you are found by another hero who takes you to a private clinic where you recuperate and the game ends there.

If you win the soldiers are grateful for her saving them and want to show her their appreciation in some way.

And that's what I got so far.

I have not decided on a name yet for the heroine other than the placeholder of Mind Girl/Ava Jay. Maybe make it custom?

I would love to hear suggestions about what I should do.

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Идея интересная. Что то такое в голову приходило. Только там парень стал супер злодеем. Увидел как супергёрл победила злодея и после боя забрал его перчатку которая давало силы. Это пародия и всё такое. Каждый раз заряжал перчатку разными силами и от этого разное прохождение. Главное по сюжету победить супергёрл, к этому по сюжету он и стремился в разных главах сталкиваясь либо со злодеями либо с другими героями. Если не пойдёт твоя игра то можешь забрать этот сюжет. Теперь про это описание. Почитал описание, это полный сюжет или будет продолжение. Просто не понятно куда будет движение сюжета. Насчёт имени. В таких играх есть возможность самому называть персонажа. Просто по сюжету пусть главная героиня сама расскажет про себя.
- Я простоя девушка, меня зовут. - тут будет ввод имени. Стандартно может быть обычное Дженни или что то похоже.
- Я к тому же супер героиня известная под именем. - тоже ввод уже супергеройского имени. Стандартно можно просто какое ни будь глупое Супердетка. Надо просто показать во время ввода имени как она выглядит в супергеройском образе чтобы тому кто вводит было легче подобрать имя которое подходит.
Несколько вопросов и предположений.
Насчёт игры камень, ножницы, бумага. Идея хорошая но не уверен что для этого подходит. Для игры на раздевание очень хорошо подходит, но для боя не думаю что очень. Как вариант можно сделать защиту и атаку.
Три кнопки. Защита голова, тело, ноги. Ещё три кнопки. Атака голова, тело, ноги. После нажатие действия которая реагирует когда выберешь остальные. Дальше рандом у противника который выбирает что защитить и что атаковать. Либо блок, либо потеря жизней. Тут можно делать противников разными, у одних больше жизней, у других сильнее атака. Есть ещё и другие варианты боя. Просто я сам делал камень, ножницы, бумага. Сейчас тоже делаю.
Ещё вопрос. Игра будет интересная, но не понял будет ли интимная часть или нет. По описанию не понятно эта часть. У супергероини только интимный сюжет со своим парнем будет или в супергеройском виде тоже что то будет. Просто раз она с ним и он её не нравиться то тоже маловероятно. Пока всё.

The idea is interesting. Something like that came to mind. Only there the guy became a super villain. I saw how supergirl defeated the villain and after the battle took his glove that gave strength. It's a parody and all. Each time I charged the glove with different forces and from this a different passage. The main thing in the story is to defeat Supergirl, and according to the story, he aspired to this in different chapters, facing either villains or other heroes. If your game doesn't work, you can take this story. Now about this description. I read the description, is this the full story or will there be a continuation. It's just not clear where the plot will go. About the name. In such games, it is possible to name the character yourself. Just according to the plot, let the main character tell about herself.
- I'm a simple girl, my name is. - here will enter the name. Standard can be the usual Jenny or something similar.
- I'm also a super heroine known by the name. - also the input of a superhero name. As a standard, you can just whatever stupid Superbaby. You just need to show during the input of the name how it looks like in a superhero image so that it is easier for the one who enters to choose a name that suits.
A few questions and suggestions.
About the game rock, scissors, paper. The idea is good, but I'm not sure what is suitable for this. It's very good for a strip game, but I don't think it's very good for a fight. Alternatively, you can make defense and attack.
Three buttons. Protection head, body, legs. Three more buttons. Attack head, body, legs. After pressing an action that reacts when you select the rest. Then the opponent randomly chooses what to defend and what to attack. Either block or loss of life. Here you can make opponents different, some have more lives, others have a stronger attack. There are also other combat options. I just made stone, scissors, paper myself. Now I do it too.
Another question. The game will be interesting, but I did not understand whether there will be an intimate part or not. This part is not clear from the description. The superheroine will only have an intimate plot with her boyfriend, or something will also happen in the form of a superhero. It's just that since she's with him and he doesn't like her, it's also unlikely. While everything.

Precox

Mar 13, 2019
Thank you for your thoughts.

At the moment I'm putting the cast together and making test pictures. I am still working on the RPS combat system by writing the rules down on paper and seeing if they work.

In my ramblings up above I figured that the sexual elements of the game were implicit but I guess I wasn't as clear as I thought.

Yes there are multiple sex scenes and multiple endings depending on what you choose for the heroine to do.