Developers: genres, kinks, reasoning

RevolutioAnry

Apr 21, 2021
A lot of game devs, NSFW or not, and creative people in general don't "like" their work.

Not because it isn't good. Or they aren't satisfied enough with it. Or even that they dislike other similar games/arts.

But because they see all the flaws, issues, unsavory details and in the case of game devs, already know everything about their game and story.

It's a big struggle, if not impossible, to turn off "work brain" and enjoy your creation from a fan POV.
This applies to every type of content creation as well. Writing, drawing,etc.

I've wrote a web novel before, and when I started out, it was real fun. But then, I began to plan the story out, things went to shit from there, lmao.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
That's why it is useful to discuss things with various people and trying to achieve some results on practice - in the process your knowledge of reality becomes more aligned with the actual state of things.
Yeah, by asking if our assumption(s) is/are true, not by asking derived question(s) that have this/these assumption(s) as undisputed premise.

And here fall the problem. When asked, more than once, how you came to those none discussed assumptions, instead of answering, and therefore sharing your own knowledge with others, opening in our mind possible new avenues to explore, you dodged the question.

Many people don't discuss what's going on and why, and stay in their own delusional world about others and the real world around them. What they presume (and think what is true) is mostly based on their inner view, biased experience and projections of their own motivations\feels on others.
Or they can be curious, and read the dozens threads available on F95zone that circle, more or less closer, around the development process and dev's mindset. When it come to serious none childish topic, it's one of the most discussed one here.