Developer's ive got a question for you?

Feb 13, 2021
So why do some of you feel the need to add a "Next" or "Continue" button during sex scenes?

Because im just gonna rant for a second but i loathe those damn buttons, i curse everyday that i am not ambidextrous or even left handed, its the most annoying thing to in the middle of choking my chicken only for that damn button to come up and ruin my pleasure so i can continue watching the rest of the scene. it honestly feels like getting blue balled. Im sure i cant be the only person that feels this way>.

I understand the button when there is multiple povs of the same position or something but just adding the choice option when there is no choice is one of my biggest pet peeves. I find developers who do this deplorable human beings (im kidding i love you guys) but i would like to see you guys in a better light, but in all seriousness is there a reason you guys do it that way? If its simply to mark the end of the animation, surely there is a better way?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Because people have different masturbation pacings? Some might want to stop into an animation loop for longer than the time you want.

Also, don't you have two hands? Use your other hand...

Feb 13, 2021
Because people have different masturbation pacings? Some might want to stop into an animation loop for longer than the time you want.

Also, don't you have two hands? Use your other hand...
you can keep an animation going for as long as you want without the button, plenty of games do it. and for the two hands part, its not the same. Hence why i said i wish i could use my left hand, its just doesnt give the same pleasure.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
you can keep an animation going for as long as you want without the button, plenty of games do it. and for the two hands part, its not the same. Hence why i said i wish i could use my left hand, its just doesnt give the same pleasure.
Are you saying some games add a random "continue" button that doesn't really do anything when clicking it? I add a cum button to mark the end of the animation so the player knows the scene is about to end, in case they are not finished "enjoying" it.

Reactions: HeartBreakerGaming
Feb 13, 2021
Are you saying some games add a random "continue" button that doesn't really do anything when clicking it? I add a cum button to mark the end of the animation so the player knows the scene is about to end, in case they are not finished "enjoying" it.
Yeah, the most recent example that ive played was The SwordBearer. its does something, it brings you to the next "animation" or "Position" but i do understand the cum button especially because some give you a cum inside or cum outside. but in this case i just feel like its so unnecessary.

Feb 13, 2021
Breaking news: Instead of changing the hand you use to fap, you can change the hand you use to click...

I know, it's surprising...
I've got one of those mouse's that have that ball on the right side so it cant really be used for the left handed, so i cant move it to the left side of my desk and even then if it was a normal mouse I still am not left handed and would have to stop what im doing to focus on controlling my left hand. And in my current setup having to reach across my desk with my left arm is still incredibly uncomfortable and would defeat the purpose.

also I'm not sure what part of its awkward to use my left hand for anything, people don't understand. I know, its surprising but there is this thing called disabilities that affect a lot of people in the world, not that its anyone's business but i do have a motor disability in my entire left arm, it is hard for me to even move it. Its taken me a long time just to get used to typing with it. Let alone using a mouse with it or jerking with it.

Even then it was a simple question about why developers add that button? Cause as far as I'm concerned its serves no real purpose other than to interrupt a scene like i mentioned or as end of animation marker.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
also I'm not sure what part of its awkward to use my left hand for anything, people don't understand.
Well, sad for your disability, but the fact is that, "its awkward to use my left hand for anything", is what 90% of the righties will say because, indeed, it's awkward to use your left hand for anything when you don't have the habit to do it.

Even then it was a simple question about why developers add that button? Cause as far as I'm concerned its serves no real purpose other than to interrupt a scene like i mentioned or as end of animation marker.
And as it was answered to you, there's just no other way to do it. Of course, there's few that abuse it and put it where it have no need to be. But for all the others, it's because so far games don't read players mind. Therefore they need an input to know when they need to stop the loop.

All this being said, what is there to fap to once the animation is finished ? Nothing, so your right hand is free when you need to click...

Sometimes I think I'm a sinner who doesn't deserve forgiveness, then I remember that people who unironically jerk it to shitty Daz animations actually exist. God bless.
I'm not sure if you are ready for this news, but the word is that there's even some who do it to shitty SIMS 4 or 2D animations.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
And in my current setup having to reach across my desk with my left arm is still incredibly uncomfortable and would defeat the purpose.
You can use 2 mice at once, you can buy special controllers, you can buy special toys, so many options.

When there is a will, there is a way.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
If its simply to mark the end of the animation, surely there is a better way?
How?

Maybe I don't understand the situation you describe, but you're not watching a 2 hour movie, you are playing a game. The program needs user input to know when it should continue.

Feb 13, 2021
Well, sad for your disability, but the fact is that, "its awkward to use my left hand for anything", is what 90% of the righties will say because, indeed, it's awkward to use your left hand for anything when you don't have the habit to do it.

And as it was answered to you, there's just no other way to do it. Of course, there's few that abuse it and put it where it have no need to be. But for all the others, it's because so far games don't read players mind. Therefore they need an input to know when they need to stop the loop.

All this being said, what is there to fap to once the animation is finished ? Nothing, so your right hand is free when you need to click...
How do people do that multiqoute thing? i see people do that alot but back on topic sorry for getting a little aggressive in my previous comment i can get riled up sometimes.

but for the second part, there are plenty of games that dont have the button and most games that ive played loop animations or thats what i thought ive never had an animation stop on me. also wdym so far, i hope they never read my mind lol. but Usually i just click the space bar and it continues going with the scene or changes postions or whatever.

Feb 13, 2021
How?

Maybe I don't understand the situation you describe, but you're not watching a 2 hour movie, you are playing a game. The program needs user input to know when it should continue.
okay so to try and explain it, normally i use the spacebar to go to the next dialogue or line so lets say a scene comes up

Game A for example will have its first animation play lets say a blowjob, as the dialogue continues when its time to move on to the next scene no button or anything will come up, some games will have the textbox disappear to give a full view of the animation some wont but i simply hit the space bar and the scene moves on and then maybe it moves to fingering, animation plays, than when im ready to move on i hit spacebar, and then cowgirl or missionary, and then so on and so on. Point is i never used my mouse for those games

Game B on the other hand, when the blowjob comes up after a few lines of dialogue a button will come up to change to the next postion

now i was under the impression that some animations were simply 5-30 second clips on a continuous loop maybe im wrong though

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
okay so to try and explain it, normally i use the spacebar to go to the next dialogue or line so lets say a scene comes up

Game A for example will have its first animation play lets say a blowjob, as the dialogue continues when its time to move on to the next scene no button or anything will come up, some games will have the textbox disappear to give a full view of the animation some wont but i simply hit the space bar and the scene moves on and then maybe it moves to fingering, animation plays, than when im ready to move on i hit spacebar, and then cowgirl or missionary, and then so on and so on. Point is i never used my mouse for those games

Game B on the other hand, when the blowjob comes up after a few lines of dialogue a button will come up to change to the next postion

now i was under the impression that some animations were simply 5-30 second clips on a continuous loop maybe im wrong though
In my games, space should work any time there is only one way to continue, single button or not, but not every dev goes to that trouble. It could require more coding than some are willing/able to do.

Generally, if you normally can use space in the game to progress, but you are suddenly required to click on a single button, I can see a few reasons why:
1) There exists several buttons (choices) but you don't meet the requirement to show the other buttons, so they are hidden.
2) Sometimes, a single button can be shown to make it feel like you're performing the action. Like, even if the only way to continue is a button saying "Peek into the bathroom", it could feel more exciting for the player to press that button than just standing outside a bathroom, he clicks continue/presses space, and then the game tells him he peaks into the room.
3) Similar to 2 but also to notify the player that the event is starting/ending. Like a "cum" button to let the player know that that's gonna happen now.

Reactions: HeartBreakerGaming
Feb 13, 2021
In my games, space should work any time there is only one way to continue, single button or not, but not every dev goes to that trouble. It could require more coding than some are willing/able to do.

Generally, if you normally can use space in the game to progress, but you are suddenly required to click on a single button, I can see a few reasons why:
1) There exists several buttons (choices) but you don't meet the requirement to show the other buttons, so they are hidden.
2) Sometimes, a single button can be shown to make it feel like you're performing the action. Like, even if the only way to continue is a button saying "Peek into the bathroom", it could feel more exciting for the player to press that button than just standing outside a bathroom, he clicks continue/presses space, and then the game tells him he peaks into the room.
3) Similar to 2 but also to notify the player that the event is starting/ending. Like a "cum" button to let the player know that that's gonna happen now.
Well thats what i mentioned earlier when there is several choices during the scene or the ending of the scene such as cum button i dont mind it, i figured it was extra coding but i was curious if there were other reasons for it.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Wait, so you are using the keyboard? And you don't know how to make simple choice?

Are you aware that by default in renpy arrow keys automatically highlight buttons? You should be able to press arrowkey + enter as fast as you press space.

I see now you are just lazy if you have not cared to even learn how to one-handed play VNs with your keyboard.

There are many people playing RPGM games one handed just so you know.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Game A for example will have its first animation play lets say a blowjob, as the dialogue continues when its time to move on to the next scene no button or anything will come up, some games will have the textbox disappear to give a full view of the animation some wont but i simply hit the space bar and the scene moves on [...]
And to warn the player that the animation have finished its loop, the game display a button. This way, players who don't fap to the game, because they exist, know that it's time to move on.