Developer's ive got a question for you?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I don't really like it either but I understand why it's done that way. if I have a special button for changing position, I know that pressing spacebar advances the dialogue and the button changes position. if for some reason I want to watch the blowjob animation on loop for 10 hours I know I can do it as long as I don't press the button. without a button I have no idea if pressing spacebar will advance the dialogue, switch positions or end the scene completely

Reactions: HeartBreakerGaming
Feb 13, 2021
Wait, so you are using the keyboard? And you don't know how to make simple choice?

Are you aware that by default in renpy arrow keys automatically highlight buttons? You should be able to press arrowkey + enter as fast as you press space.

I see now you are just lazy if you have not cared to even learn how to one-handed play VNs with your keyboard.

There are many people playing RPGM games one handed just so you know.
I did not know that but either way i dont have arrow keys ive got one of those really small 60% keyboards but man even if i did have a normal keyboard i mean damn bro do you need to be any more condescending. A simple oh you can use arrow keys to highlight buttons. I dont play rpgm games so i wouldnt know what other people do.

Feb 13, 2021
I don't really like it either but I understand why it's done that way. if I have a special button for changing position, I know that pressing spacebar advances the dialogue and the button changes position. if for some reason I want to watch the blowjob animation on loop for 10 hours I know I can do it as long as I don't press the button. without a button I have no idea if pressing spacebar will advance the dialogue, switch positions or end the scene completely
Yeah, i get that but i was just curious as to what devs reasons were, was it simply to mark the end of an animation, or was it simply because thats how it was easiest to code.

Feb 13, 2021
And to warn the player that the animation have finished its loop, the game display a button. This way, players who don't fap to the game, because they exist, know that it's time to move on.
And so people have said. im simply the type of person who likes to reply when people reply to me or ask a question (Unless they get on my nerves), but he said he might not have understood what i meant so i explained what i meant.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, i get that but i was just curious as to what devs reasons were, was it simply to mark the end of an animation, or was it simply because thats how it was easiest to code.
I don't see much of a difference between having a button or not if you're coding a single scene. But if you have scenes where you can switch between different positions back and forth and then you make a more linear scene it might just be easier to keep the buttons because you're already used to having them

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
So why do some of you feel the need to add a "Next" or "Continue" button during sex scenes?

Because im just gonna rant for a second but i loathe those damn buttons, i curse everyday that i am not ambidextrous or even left handed, its the most annoying thing to in the middle of choking my chicken only for that damn button to come up and ruin my pleasure so i can continue watching the rest of the scene. it honestly feels like getting blue balled. Im sure i cant be the only person that feels this way>.

I understand the button when there is multiple povs of the same position or something but just adding the choice option when there is no choice is one of my biggest pet peeves. I find developers who do this deplorable human beings (im kidding i love you guys) but i would like to see you guys in a better light, but in all seriousness is there a reason you guys do it that way? If its simply to mark the end of the animation, surely there is a better way?
Why not just use the middle mouse button at the start to hide the UI? It hides choices and buttons popping up and gives you the full animation without any distractions? For most VN's it's middle mouse button, for some rpg's it's H, ctrl or shift.

Feb 13, 2021
Why not just use the middle mouse button at the start to hide the UI? It hides choices and buttons popping up and gives you the full animation without any distractions? For most VN's it's middle mouse button, for some rpg's it's H, ctrl or shift.
Oh sorry for the confusion but i wasnt talking about hiding the UI. I was talking about adding the "choice" button as a way to move to the next position or animation. An earlier comment i made explains what i meant in more detail.

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
Oh sorry for the confusion but i wasnt talking about hiding the UI. I was talking about adding the "choice" button as a way to move to the next position or animation. An earlier comment i made explains what i meant in more detail.
Ah ok in that case maybe speech support would be good to look into although as far as I know almost no one is using it and only 2 results show on itch.io but it would be a good future for no hands needed.

Feb 13, 2021
Ah ok in that case maybe speech support would be good to look into although as far as I know almost no one is using it and only 2 results show on itch.io but it would be a good future for no hands needed.
I didnt even know speech support was a thing, but it would allow for people with worse disabilities than mine to play as well. and for people who prefer to play hands free or simply dont like touching their junk then their keyboard lol.

Reactions: morphnet