Developing a medieval game

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Hello and welcome :D

Always cool to see a new project. I myself really like medival fantasy game settings. I think Tiana looks great! both in design and the finish you've done with the upper areas (breasts and face).I like what you've done for the clothes. The only area of criticism I had was that I felt the shading on the stomach was too aggressive, but since I didn't want to just criticize, here is an alter where I have smooth the belly shading a bit, you could use it as a reference to what I mean.
431462_4.png Other than that, I eager to see how you progress with this project :D

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Thank you very much for your reply, I am happy you like her! The shading is a detail, thank you for the edit, I will compare both :D and thank you for being interested in the game!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
What I always find to be a pain is backgrounds, you need assets other than the characters, but it is never as fun as making characters.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
hey nice art! I love it. Good luck on the project.
Thank you very much! I am glad you like the art :D

What I always find to be a pain is backgrounds, you need assets other than the characters, but it is never as fun as making characters.
Yeah, I also think characters are far more interesting to create than backgrounds. Backgrounds are so generic, characters are always different and it's fun thinking about how they are, what they do and what part they play in the storyline :D

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The art looks absolutely lovely. Very Disney.

I was in the middle of rigging a couple of characters, so I did this one as well for fun :)

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018

I was in the middle of rigging a couple of characters, so I did this one as well for fun :)
Yaaaoooosssss, I'm always a fan of animating. What do you use to do your work?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yaaaoooosssss, I'm always a fan of animating. What do you use to do your work?
I'm actually a programmer, so this is just a side-skill I picked up to help me animate characters (first for Making Movies, now for Love of Magic).

I didn't record Tina's rigging, but here's a quick video showing how a very similar pose was setup in . It's so easy even a coder can do it :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019

Thank you very much for the compliment and the rigging! I didn't even know this was possible with simple 2D images, maybe it's funny to implement in the game, I will look into this, thank you!

Nice Art! Looking forward to the development of your game
Thank you! I will post progress in this thread (sketches, maybe explanations about the universe they live in, and also how we do things)

Cool! Nice art, the cornerstone of a good game. Or at least good looking one.
Thank you! I hope you will like both the art and the game when it comes out :D

I'm actually a programmer, so this is just a side-skill I picked up to help me animate characters (first for Making Movies, now for Love of Magic).

I didn't record Tina's rigging, but here's a quick video showing how a very similar pose was setup in . It's so easy even a coder can do it :)
That looks nice, I will certainly look into that, thanks for sharing :D

Oh and guys, we have opened a very simple blog:

We will give even more background information about our processes (how do we do the art? how do we make a simple branching storyline?). There's not much content available for it right now, but I am working on one right now!

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018

Ah yes, now I know why your user name looked familiar

Reactions: Droid Productions

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
They'er always depicted as strong, bulky, and sure I could understand why someone would be attracted to a fit girl, but more often then not they are more than just fit, it seems most orc art panders towards the muscle-bound fetish, which is not something I can say I've developed, so I too appreciate your orc with a more feminine focus.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
They'er always depicted as strong, bulky, and sure I could understand why someone would be attracted to a fit girl, but more often then not they are more than just fit, it seems most orc art panders towards the muscle-bound fetish, which is not something I can say I've developed, so I too appreciate your orc with a more feminine focus.
Yeah, that's why we went for a half orc. Most orcs are displayed as very strong warriors, and of course, there's nothing wrong with that, but I like more feminine orcs too!

And oh, for the people following this thread or interested in the game, you can take your pants off later this week, since we are planning to publish a very early version of the game, just for you :D