• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others [Development Thread] Tampermonkey extension to remove bump comments such as +1 for F95 Threads (VAM)

fezroad

Nov 7, 2017
Hello, i've seen people complain about the amount of +1 comments for VAM asset requests here https://f95zone.to/forums/asset-requests.96/?prefix_id=35
Personally i think they are a necessary evil to boost a request but i also wanted to automize ignoring them without having to scroll a lot.

The way it works is pretty simple so don't expect complex features, it'll remove +1 and certain bump comments like +++, +100 from the thread and leave the last comment regardless of what it is and that's it. If there are multiple pages it won't condense it to one page, you need to manually switch to second page. I would suggest increasing "posts per page" option in your account settings to avoid this most of the time.

INSTALLATION
1) Install:
2) Click this link and an install window in tampermonkey should show up:

This is mainly made for VAM request threads but since there is no good way to differentiate between threads it'll work in every thread in F95. Looking at the tags might be an option but sometimes people forget to add the tag and maybe people wanna use it for DAZ requests too so i'll just leave it like this for now and change it if it becomes a problem.

Be aware that this is just a quick script i wrote and haven't spent too much time on testing. I will mainly rely on feedback in this thread for problems that occur on different browsers/threads etc. Although besides having to add more word filters to removal list i'm not expecting too many errors since it's pretty simple.

I do have ideas to improve the code such as removing already viewed asset requests, automatically scrolling to download url's but not sure if i'll spend more time on this. It's gonna get complex with browser storage and such.
If you do implement stuff, you can create a pull request here

If you see anyone complaining about bump spam share this thread, spread the love.

Last edited: