VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Devin's Life [3-31-20] [Taboo]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Cherubin25

Three stars, because I think the game has a BIG potential, but it does not really deliver on that part. (2 stars for the current game, one extra because I really think it can be improved and has potential)

I have not played until the End of the RenPy-Version, but the overall feel is: Idea is good, excecution not so much.

First of all, I like her character design. She looks good and easily the most beautiful character in the game. Good work on that one!

Personally, I would say some things are good. Like the general corruption and humilation, this is fine. I also wish there would be more body modification, like Implants - the scenes where her breasts grew were really cool, something permanent would be nice.
    The themes are overall alright.

However, two things are really bothering me:

- The stupidity of the MC. It is far too easy to fool her, like, there was this person who was always doing bad things to her and she keeps trusting them. Also, there is no fight back at all, everyone can just have their way with her and there is nothing she actually does against it. Not even really trying. And she was a top student and yet acts like a helpless child.

- This is a bit combined with the first point, but I am really missing some "wins" for her. I play this game for humilation and corruption, but I cannot avoid feeling really sorry for her. There is almost nothing positive happening, she gets shit on, humilated and does not do anything bad which would justify it. And if there are positive things or nice characters, they get ruined. Like Monica, who also suffers through Jen. Why even let her be a supportive character in the first place?
    But the biggest fuck up was with Keith. There is that one guy who can actually help her and she hears a made-up story and hates Keith afterwards. This just does not make sense, and again - the stupidity of the MC.

So yeah, I would really wish for at least some positive things happening to her. Humilating her should be the goal, and this is fine. But it should not be miserable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

niplovingirl

This game was fantastic! I really wish there were more like it. I fantasized so hard about being in her shoes and found myself trying to get every degrading scene. Would definitely recommend if you are a sub and want a game where the MC just gets humiliated at every turn.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

DedL0l

Oh damn. I wasn't expecting to find this content on this website. Good fap but it seriously gave me +50 to my post nut clarity. The stuff that Jennifer did to Devin is fucking crazy, no joke about it. Devin seriously needs a win in some form to keep her sanity up from the shit that Jennifer has been doing to her all along.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TomWant Badass

First of all,
    Rating games like this is difficult and hard
    For an average player, dont play it,
    For an Humilitation lover a must play, so 5/5 is the minimum for this awesome humilitation stuff, not really my thing, i am more into romantic bdsm stuff but ok.
    Overall very rare really hard humilitation stuff. I really miss love and logic and feel really bad for the poor girl because I really like her. But when you search for the humilitation tab, than this game is the best you can get!
    Humilitation is the hardest you ever seen 10 /5
    Kink 5/5
    Story 1/5 I really like the girl and would love to treat her with love
    Player controled MC Devin has no power and no control and the story is linear! You have only the choice to avoid some cruel scenes! Unbelievable stupid female Protagonist as a top grade Student and a weak blackmailing story.
    I played for the bdsm tag and there are some very rare good kinky scenes in the game. It would have been a rare Gem when the female MC Davin was a masochist and loves it to get humilated! Or when she acts like a smart top grade student and gets revenge on Jennifer and chained her into the Basement. The story feels badly constructed and its feels weird to play as a dumb humilated girl. Your choices dont matter. So it was only a endless senseless humiliation of a good girl over all limits, every normal girl would have run amok or suicide! Everyone is a rapist and helps Jeniffer. No one helpes MC, even the police fucks her and arrest her, no need to say more!

I didnt know why Devin take all the humilation without defense! All the time i really expected more choices, but this game has a very kinetic playstile. A lot kinky scenes, so much potential for bdsm with dominating and submission! With some more good choices who really matter, this could be one of the best kinky games!!!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

fazthestampede

---Review for Devin's Life so Far----
    The Dev has done many impressive works starting from the beginning when using RPG style. Even after changing it to Ren'py, the graphic and game still looks eye candy and enticing. Believe me, that's not an easy task to do.

Some people keep criticizing on how Devin became mindless with no integrity or self defence, but again, isn't that the whole point of "humiliation"?

Pros:
    - The Dev shows grit in handling the plot.
    - Consistent story line, character, and tempo
    - One of the few out there who really understands the definition of public humiliation with a slow burn
    - simple plot which means simple complication

Personal thought:
    Looking at how difficult it is to find enjoyable exhibitionism/humiliation games out there these days, I think it's best that we must re-evaluate ourselves. It's our own damn fault that Devs like "Taboo" seem indifferent towards her/his work lately,. even some other devs with similar kinks have disappeared forever.
    This is because of us not showing the support they deserve. If we can't support them financially, at least we can give likes, loves, compliments, compassion to the Dev so the engine keeps running. I mean, COME ON, they're humans and they're doing this for OUR entertainment.

-that's all thanks.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mario171

Devin 's face and body is perfect. I very like taboo's creative imagination, opening a door to the new world. I not hesitate to donate on patron as well and will support as always. when I can not download the 0.55version, taboo replied promptly, really appreciated.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Freshman22

One of my favourite games on Android. Story is incredible. Love the degradation of the character. Love watching Jennifer take charge. Easily 5stars on the story thus far. Only down side is not enough choices.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

The good...
    Switched to Renpy
    Some of the kinks shown are good (see the preview pics for some examples)
    The neutral...
    The plot, has good points, has meh points, I'd probably like it more except I'm not a fan of female protags so to be fair I won't dock it for this
    The less good...
    Started in RPGM and first part wasn't converted so you have to play both
    Renders aren't top notch

I'm going to round up and give it a 3 for now
    While a few games are better in RPGM most are easier and more enjoyable in Renpy and while I was on the fence about a 2, the fact it does some bondage kinks to an okay degree of sexy and the dev switched to a better engine both deserve some note.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

CloudingMushroom

The heroine needs to win sometimes at least. Or maybe some kind of corruption would allow for Devin to kinda win even when she loses. The monotony of the downward spiral just makes me feel a bit sorry for her more than anything and I love humiliation stuff.

The fact that there is very low choice besides see scene or not see scene, and see scene one way and see scene another way just makes the player helpless in this as well. The only way to win is just to stop playing. If Devin at least had some real hope or real happiness even if that happiness was a side effect of her corruption directed towards her own destruction I'd like it more.

PLEASE give it a good winning ending at least to not make this game just about someone ruining their life. Or a revenge ending to get back at Jen, Val, house guy, police guy, principle guy, etc. They need to get arrested.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Ranting Old Man

I get all the themes of the game but regardless of that fact it is just way too unbelievable. I think if the Dev had added some fight back content and showed why that the MC was truly helpless would have gone a long way or perhaps even given the MC moments where she can get revenge on a few characters, it would go a long way into keeping the player invested. Instead i can pretty much just knowbfrom the beginning of each scene what's going to happen. The predictable nature leaves me not wanting to contine. Don't get me wrong, i lik3 some of the characters and the dev should be credited for doing a good job on some of that, but as far as humiliation and dominance I'm not buying the story. Top grade teacher, this stupid and pathetic? No way. Sorry. Not buying it.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Leelloominai

Before anything, dont get me wrong, i think people would love the game, but the story just tired me. (and in the moment of this review i just played the RPGM part, (i intend to play through everything, and if anything change I gonna change my note).

"Just to easy" is the most used word for every character in this game about how easy it is to fool the MC (Devin), its funny on the begin but i found very annoying she never figure anything ever... one thing is to be extremely positive, another thing to be devin.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

EdPokol

Great story, many twists and turns and the charater buildup is good (not too fast, not too slow). Female protagonist Devin is shy and lovable and drags the player into her story.

The first part in RPGM certainly is playable but the second part is done with Renpy so that makes gameplay smoother.

Devin's story is quite eloborate, she goes through a lot. Being able to follow the thoughts of the female protagonist adds drama to her (unwanted) adventures. There are choices to be made but you wont be able to protect Devin from the bad people that surround her.

Render quality is ok and gets better as the story progresses.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

drn66

Excellent game. It's quite niche, but for those that are interested in it's themes, there is nothing better. Developer is kind, happy to communicate, and is deserving of more support. Updates tend to be a little slow, but it's worked on part time and that is perfectly acceptable.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

bobo_monkey

I am giving the game a solid 4 stars. I have no idea why there are 1 start reviews here?! Actually I do after rereading them. I think its because people DO NOT READ the tags or understand what they mean.
    This is a sub genre of corruption, humiliation.
    If the reviews had played any other games in the sub genre they would know what to expect and be happy to get it.
    Instead they go in expecting a fork to be a spoon and are disappointed when their soup spills all over them.
    READ THE TAGS and understand them before wasting your time and downloading the game. I dont know how much more clear "HUMILIATION" can be.
    I dont go to other games (acting lessons, being a dik etc etc etc etc) with tags like tatooed skank modern girl dating sim and piss all over them there just because i hate that sub genre.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

disimulated

So I forced my way through this game to the end of the current version (8-30-19). I kept playing, hoping for it to get better for Devin somehow - either she'd be able to fight back, would find some allies, or would at least get some enjoyment out of (some) of what she's being forced to do. Heck, toward the end I was just hoping she'd be able to complete a full sentence of explanation.

But no. It's all misery, all the time.

Devin is pretty hot and I quite like the nipple piercings, but the constant humiliation and abuse with no letup or payoff for MC is too much of a downer. In fact, the standout part of the game is the remarkable creativity and variety in how Devin is mistreated.

Narrative-wise, it's pretty much a linear VN. There's a couple choices, but they don't affect Devin's neverending suffering, only whether certain fetishes occur and/or select an ending. However, there were no apparent bugs in the RPGM part of the game, the Honey Select art is decent, there's a bunch of characters and locations, lots of content, and there's the aforementioned sadistic genius.

So even though I didn't like it, it gets 3 stars.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

styx007

whoa a game where you see a girl forced, raped, humiliated. No choice available, just the creator's game decision. i like game on corruption, not a game where bullying is the only alternative. Pity because a lot of good ideas are shown in.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

a.gain911

When I play her first part in rpg engine I want vote 3 stars, because the graphic and find the blinking area is fun , but later it get boring for me. The change to renpy was the best move for this game. Graphic and story get closer to me therefor I add 2 more.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

L7Bear

When you absolutely, positively have to wring every last orgasm from your body - accept no substitute.

Devin's Life has three strong points - the characters, the pacing, and events. The pacing is perfect. Every few scenes there is a shockingly creative lewdness that will stimulate your senses. If your enjoy the delicious depravity of playing a female protagonist who is manipulated, humiliated, coerced, coaxed, and yet still keeps going trying to be the best teacher she can then this is THE GAME for you.

Hours and hours and hours of extremely satisfying content.

Devin's Life doesn't have the best graphics (although the dev Taboo keeps getting better) and the first half of the game is still stuck in RPGMaker before making the transition to Ren'Py.

For new players I recommend trying the first few scenes of the Ren'Py version. This quickly drops you in a scene where Devin (our main character, a teacher) walks in on the school's Principal punishing a student. By the time you reach the end of that scene you should be hooked and desire more. At that point you can decide whether to continue with the Ren'Py version or go back to the RPGMaker beginning of the game. The Ren'Py version also has a brief "previously on" summary (accessible from the main menu.)

5 stars.
    Excellent.
    One of my favorites.
    Fucking Awesome.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

TessSadist

Ugh, this is the kind of female MC I don't want to play -- no control, no brains, no ability to really do much. I gave it an extra star because I enjoyed watching the sadistic female student pushing her foot down on the dumb female MC's head to make her please the Directors? dick a little better down there orally. I wish I could have played her instead deciding what to do with this honestly dumb main character.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

DarkWindG

this "game" can't even be called a game, MC is just stupid and you can't do anything about it, plus the fact that choices don't matter at all, the only thing you can do is watch MC get raped, blackmailed and humiliated all the time.