Ren'Py - Devious Demigods [v0.1b Public] [Krayt Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Bob46rob

For starters, I have to say a game about the Percy Jackson series is something I have wanted for years. I also found the selection of characters to be interesting especially given that you play as an original character instead of Percy as many might assume.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Diredestroyer

Finally, a Percy Jackson game! Hope that this one doesn't get abandoned. Game is great so far, please keep it up! This is just to get to the 200-character limit why is it there F95? Fuck, still not there? This should do it.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Agent_Sloth

This review is based off of the limited opening provided, it's awesome to see the PJO world translated to an adult game, but them just ripping off everything from the game Innocent Witches is such exhausting. The art style while being the exact same as IW could just be that they enlisted the aid of the original artist so ignoring that which is tough, so we would hope they changed the gameplay to make sure the comparisons are limited...nope, they do everything that IW did with UI and layout and hell even the "ghostly" assistant from IW is in this game. Maybe the story is different, so far...again nope, we have recently down on his luck guy being sent to the school/camp to become the headmaster/camp director where they hope to sleep with everyone and find out that they have zero power in their job, ooh and the girls that are there all hate the MC due to a mixture of bad timing and perviness...standard anime harem start.

Maybe this game will divert drastically from it's originator, but I have little hope.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Bubilonka

Its happening boys, great game, great story, great concept. Really glad someone took the overall idea and translate it to something else and totally different. The dev has keen eye for detail, i love every bit of the art.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

yanon1999

Damn, even though it's literally the 0.1 release, I can't give this less than 5 stars. The models alone are fantastic, and the PJ setting is icing on the cake. Will be following this game closely - hopefully it goes far.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

kindasusbro123566944

Very promising looking forward to more.

Setting: 10/10

Writing: 10/10

Models: 10/10

Content: 1/10

Obviously very barebones in terms of content, but you can tell it is made with a love for detail. Animations are smooth, and the whole art direction is neat. I've never considered supporting something on pateron until this game came along.

Promising to say the least.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

DezMan

Well this games introductory loading screen has more effort put into it than the entire first releases of some games I've played, I'd call that a good sign. First I'll get the obvious out of the way, this is HIGHLY inspired by Innocent Witches to the point I had to check this wasn't made by the same people and frankly I'm still not convinced this isn't just the same people under a different name. The story, set up and the art all parallel pretty cleanly but I wouldn't put that as a concern, despite everything there are worse games to copy and frankly everything done so far is done well enough that nothing feels cheap.

The setting of the Percy Jackson Universe works well especially if you know it however if you don't nothing is really taken away from the experience. No pre-existing knowledge of the world is necessary (so far).

Art is well made and beautiful and the hints from the h scenes so far show promise, interactive scenes, decent animations, etc. Another plus being that all the characters are pretty well distinct, you should have luck finding at least one that ticks your boxes.

Overall couldn't really have done better for what it is and how it has decided to start. I hope this project continues till completion.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Lorenz1

Nice graphics, and finally something in the percy jackson universe. If you want nostalga, try it. If you don't know what percy jackson is - don't.

Also, early in release, so you might want to give it some time..